• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Michael Shannon frontrunner to play Cable in Deadpool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy thought. They cast Cable with multiple actors who appear at different times in the film, from different timelines.

STZ5u6D.jpg

That would be great, so it's definitely not the case.

jett

D-Member
I wonder if Shannon will bother to bulk up. I think he wore a muscle suit for Man of Steel.

edit: I might be mistaken. Anyway, Michael Shannon is awesome.

dankir

Too small. He needs to have pecs the size of a door mat

Everything needs to be the size of a compact car. If they're going to go with a gag that a different actor plays him in different scenes. Then we better fucking have Rob Liefield rock the metal arm too!

91e1e20d3fd0fa6fab10a36eb0a60deb.jpg

And if there if he only has 2 pouches instead of 4000 I'll be pissed.

going with meta-logic, shouldn't Cable play Cable?

I mean, as much as I love the fuckery here, we're now in 'waaaay too excited' mode. Shannon is a good choice, but so would most other impressive actors be. It's a role, 'tis what they do for a living.

I haven't seen Shannon in many things but I do know he's an amazing actor so I'd be down with this. The way he sold the death sequence in that biker movie with JGL really fucked me up.

Shadic7700

Calling it now Cable won't be in the movie, but the post credits scene will be the auditions of everyone rumored to be Cable with Ryan as one of the judges

Every single one of the people talkin' bout "I don't know, I can't see it, I don't think he's funny" are going to be in here opening weekend like "Holy shit he fucking stole the whole movie who knew, right?"

We knew, man!

They should cast no less than 3 famous actors to play Cable, then swap them in and out of random parts of the movie with no one in the film noticing the difference except Deadpool.

I love that a whole weird narrative about multiple people playing the part has sprung up in this thread as a means to explain a lot of posters having busted-as-fuck bullshit detectors.

I love that a whole weird narrative about multiple people playing the part has sprung up in this thread as a means to explain a lot of posters having busted-as-fuck bullshit detectors.

Didn't that start popping up as a joke even before we had all these casting rumors? Like back when people were joking about Kiera Knightly doing it because of the post-credits stinger?

dude needs to work with pt anderson

this is now my dream team

dude reminds me a bit of the successor to Phillip Seymour Hoffman, with his killer supporting character work. I think this is a partnership that's gotta happen.

while it's awesome seeing Shannon get so much work the downside of it is that he's in fucking everything...and thus can't be in everything else. like he had to turn down a lead in the new Soderbergh movie because he was filming some other movie that he'll likely be good in but won't be as good or interesting a film.

should free up his schedule to work with some more gawds.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Michael Shannon needs to put on about 80 pounds of muscle to look like Cable. I'm not sure he can play him, either.

Michael Shannon is a legitimately great actor and some of you are questioning if he has the chops to pull off a dude bro Rob Liefeld character?

Michael Shannon is the best casting rumor thus far. His crazy look and serious intensity will make it hilarious if he has to play off of the silliness of Ryan Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom