• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critical Role: Voice Actors Playing D&D

Actually afterwords he realized he made a mistake cause 5e has a cap on fall damage, and can only go up to 120 max (20d6). So it wouldn't have killed her. Wouldn't have even incapped her.

I saw that. There is also a provision for "massive damage" option that he could trigger as well that he didn't mention either. 1000 foot drop and it wouldn't even knock her out? yeah that's ridiculous. The spirit of that rule seems to keep people from gaming bosses.

Even if it was a mistake the ruling was just imo.

.JayZii

Banned
Actually afterwords he realized he made a mistake cause 5e has a cap on fall damage, and can only go up to 120 max (20d6). So it wouldn't have killed her. Wouldn't have even incapped her.
That's a situation where I would say following the rules (which the rulebook says to disregard if they don't work well with the story you're telling) would just be dumb.

Jumping off a skyscraper, hitting the pavement, and not even getting knocked out is ridiculous. Even within the rules of their fantasy setting.

I can't help but be curious as to how the others would of played it if she had stayed dead. Its one thing to go out in a battle, but to die because you jumped off a 1000 foot cliff.

It's a show on an internet network. Ship's sailed.

I find it a bit unlikely that they have some long demanding contract with Geek and Sundry. If Matt showed up one week and made the final boss a 10HP goblin, then said "and they lived happily ever after", and shut the lights off, I'd be surprised if anyone could force them back.

.JayZii

Banned
I find it a bit unlikely that they have some long demanding contract with Geek and Sundry. If Matt showed up one week and made the final boss a 10HP goblin, then said "and they lived happily ever after", and shut the lights off, I'd be surprised if anyone could force them back.
From the sounds of it, G&S doesn't pay them much. Though, they could be exaggerating, and steady work for a group of voice actors is nothing to sneeze at. The fact that they like doing it and so many fans love watching it seems to be the main driving force.

For the last several, honestly.

To be completely honest, I always thought that was a bit.

My point is that it is a show, and now a tentpole show, of an internet network. There are certain obligations that go along with that. They have sponsors, even.

Maybe they mean like a comedic bit.

Yeah that's what I thought.

To be completely honest, I always thought that was a bit.

My point is that it is a show, and now a tentpole show, of an internet network. There are certain obligations that go along with that. They have sponsors, even.

It's a tentpole show for a site most people have never heard of. Most of the cast don't need it. They do it entirely because they have fun; if it stops being fun then they'll just stop. Not like you can't just give sponsor money back.

.JayZii

Banned
That was a fun episode with a little bit of everything.

A non canon Battle Royal episode next week should be fun. Poor Tary, though.

.JayZii

Banned
Liam probably doesn't need to rub it in how overpowered he is every turn, right?

Just asking Matt for a rust monster or something at this point.

Liam probably doesn't need to rub it in how overpowered he is every turn, right?

It's the boots. I don't know if they were a homebrew thing or not but they make him severely OP. Without them he would be still a powerhouse but it would be more reasonable. I don't understand why Matt hasn't nerfed them since he has with other things (mostly Sorcerer points & his reworking of gunslinger)

.JayZii

Banned
It's the boots. I don't know if they were a homebrew thing or not but they make him severely OP. Without them he would be still a powerhouse but it would be more reasonable. I don't understand why Matt hasn't nerfed them since he has with other things (mostly Sorcerer points & his reworking of gunslinger)
I'm not sure either, maybe he knows bad times are on the horizon for him so he's letting him enjoy it while he can.

Either way, Liam could be more tactful about it, because his turns are verging on just gloating.

Maximo

I don't blame you. They are underestimating her because... well.. keyleth. But she is more powerful than them all, and I wont be surprised if she mops the floor with them.

Yep after the last Battle Royale I expected them to focus on Greg again, Keyleth is the real threat shes a high level druid they needed to drop her at the start, but hell they never go as you expect.
Edit: What a fucking play from Vex.

Brashnir

Action surge can probably put grog in the dirt now, he can't have that much health left.

That, or he calls on the pact

Grog has over 250 HP and most of the damage he takes gets halved. I haven't been paying all that close attention, but he probably has a lot of HP left.

edit - wait, the 250+ may have been counting the heroes feast last session.... but he still has a ton.

edit-edit - Spousal Abuse!

Top Bottom