• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshots from now until launch

Ōkami

So, I was checking out facebook and this pops up.

https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZe....1481768177./1256663284394799/?type=3&theater

Now until the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, we’ll be exploring the Hyrulian landscape with new screenshots.

Screenshot 1
15403716_1256663284394799_3268814248179808580_o.jpg

No mention how often screenshots will come out, daily, weekly, randomly no idea.

Kindekuma

Banned
Man, I really enjoy the art style of BotW.

Cel shaded texture work, enjoy the model styles, lighting, etc, are all great.

3DShovel

Really hope those aren't Switch version screens.

Shitting up the thread early I see. Glad I stole first post.

Game is visually appealing -- maybe not the most technologically advanced, but it just looks good.

Not everything needs to have 8xMSAA to look good.

Meh, why am I arguing with you? lol

1) facebook compression

2) the switch handheld will have a 720p screen so image quality will likely be on par with the Wii U version

3) Nintendo's Wii U lineup had pretty much unanimously poor (or no!) antialiasing so I wouldn't get your hopes up for much better

BY2K

Membero Americo
So is this an area in perpetual fall season or is there actually a season cycle in the game?

mantidor

I guess I'll have to make peace with the fact the trees look ugly and there is not going to be any improvement on them.

It's mostly a nitpick, I think it looks fantastic, I just wish they showed us more than just forests, we know there are other environments. Maybe is for the best so they don't spoil too much.

Really excited for Breath of the Wild. Love how it looks, love how it seems to play, love how open it is. I'm a long time Zelda fan and I'm pumped.

That being said, I'm really disappointed he seems to be right-handed in this outing. I was hoping we'd get back to Link being left-handed. It's not like we really have any other left-handed heroes =/

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
So is this an area in perpetual fall season or is there actually a season cycle in the game?

I would say it has a full seasonal cycle maybe linked to the story ? Seems to tie in with the huge scale of the World.

Game looks beautiful, such pretty art design.

1) facebook compression

2) the switch handheld will have a 720p screen so image quality will likely be on par with the Wii U version

3) Nintendo's Wii U lineup had pretty much unanimously poor (or no!) antialiasing so I wouldn't get your hopes up for much better

1. Point taken.

2. Already have numerous sources saying perf will be different when docked this matters little.

3. This is a different console.

udivision

Why do we need to split hairs about the graphics?

This is the final send off to the PS3/360 era of graphical fidelity, albeit in 2017. It doesn't need to be anymore or any less than that.

This might not be pic of the day, strictly. Though if it is that'd be lovely!

The big question about "from now until launch" is- when is launch??

bumpkin

This might not be pic of the day, strictly. Though if it is that'd be lovely!

The big question about "from now until launch" is- when is launch??
Precisely what I want to know.

At this point, I'm not sure if I will get this on Wii U or just wait/hold out for the Switch version. I don't intend to get both.

Kouriozan

Why do we need to split hairs about the graphics?

This is the final send off to the PS3/360 era of graphical fidelity, albeit in 2017. It doesn't need to be anymore or any less than that.

It's a Zelda game, it's going to be divisive no matter what.
Skyward Sword confirmed best Zelda in a few month!

Platy

I don't see how.

Depends on the frequency, but from now till March or from now till June/July is a SHIT TON of more images to post.

Also hard to see marketing tools like that to start so early. And no the dojo does not count because sakurai is not a regular dev

Icolin

Banned

Please be excited for the Legend of Zelda: Seasons of the Wild DLC based on dungeons from Oracle of Seasons arriving Fall 2017.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Shiggy

If you followed the recent work of the Zelda team (Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword), you'd know not to expect a graphical masterpiece. It will look alright, but keep your expectations on track.

92 days until Friday, March 17th. That'd be a lot of daily screenshots.

{wakka-wakka!}

June 9

ReyVGM

I reeeally doubt that if they are going to be posting frequent screenshots, then the game can't be coming out too long after the Switch's launch. My guess is that it won't make the launch, but it will release in April or something. I don't think they'll wait until June (as rumored).

I really hope I'm right.

Top Bottom