• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

It's impressive no matter who it was against.
It was c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶e̶ ̶
s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶
p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶
t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶u̶n̶s̶.

It will never end 🙃

Syrus

Banned
Lavar about to beat Ingram’s ass

tenor.gif

.....whatbis this and what happened??

With Ingram getting better and playing more with Kuz, Lonzo should get his triple doubles pretty easily.

Oh, fuck Randle for refusing to play defense.

First time attempting to follow a season here from across the pond.

I don't have a team I support, I just watch games people are hyped about and catch the highlights of others.

I'm torn between supporting OKC and Lakers atm.

Ronin Ray

I don't have a team I support, I just watch games people are hyped about and catch the highlights of others.

Get out! In all seriousness I hope it's a good season

Congrats to Lonzo having a great bounce back game after getting bodied by Beverly.

His jumpshot still looks weird as fuck to me and will take some getting used to though.

Umbooki

OKC is a great pick because Westbrook is an athletic freak, Paul George is really smooth, and Melo plays Old Man Ball. Each player has the ability to take over and you'll have a chance to watch them all mesh together.

I don't speak on the Lakers 'cause they died to me once Kobe tapped out. 😤

Enjoy the season, homie.

choose wisely which team will be worthy fucking up your sleep cycle for

go East

Happy to see the Pelicans get some attention here. Despite having two starters out (not to mention Frank Jackson who I think could play nicely for us, thanks Pelicans curse), I watched the game this morning and that first half was so sexy. Against maybe any other team that would have been a win. I think most of what I have read on the subreddit is optimism despite the loss.

Pels fan here from the early 90s

Just like Summer League game one Lonzo sucks and game two he's awesome.

I'm not a Laker fan at all. But I think the NBA would be much more fun if the Lakers had a bona fide superstar with a unique and very exciting play style. So I find myself rooting for him.

I'm a Twolves fan but I'm rooting for Lonzo. Anyone that hates on Lavar should watch Ball in the Family on Facebook. Lavar seems like a great guy that loves his family and takes care of them. I'm rooting for all the Ball sons and hope they all make it in the NBA.

Syrus

Banned

OKC Thunder is great. One of the best crowds and support for their players. Even last year when we lost one of the best on the league we aold out every game.

300 sellour arenas in a row.

We just got two great players and may have a hell of a season. Could make a run...but GSW is 2 gud

Servbot24

Banned
I'm a Twolves fan but I'm rooting for Lonzo. Anyone that hates on Lavar should watch Ball in the Family on Facebook. Lavar seems like a great guy that loves his family and takes care of them. I'm rooting for all the Ball sons and hope they all make it in the NBA.

I do believe that Lavar is a good guy, but it also seems a bit obvious that he would make a show that makes himself look good :p

OKC for sure. Lakers will be interesting but frustrating this year. OKC is ready to contend and has a line up that's both experienced but are a fresh combination.

diaspora

I don't doubt that LaVar is great to his family but I don't think there's getting around how he's made a reputation of being a jackass. Regarding Lonzo passing Beverly's career high in points, it's good the kid is showing a good game but using a defensive wall that effectively bodied him isn't the greatest point of reference.

I don't doubt that LaVar is great to his family but I don't think there's getting around how he's made a reputation of being a jackass. Regarding Lonzo passing Beverly's career high in points, it's good the kid is showing a good game but using a defensive wall that effectively bodied him isn't the greatest point of reference.

He got a clothing line and a tv show out of it, I don't know how long until people realize it's a front. He's playing a character. He showed up on WWE for crying out loud.

Embiid is screwing up or Brett Brown is. His ass should not be at the three point line so much. I'm so disappointed with his play so far. He needs to get into the post more and tell Simmons to pass him the ball there.

FZZ

Banned
Analysis:

Happy Ingram and Lonzo had a bounce back game, but there are still some serious problems we have that need fixing. Offensively we looks so much more in sync today and I think that has more to do with the rotations Luke put in, so good job for that. The rotations yesterday were fucking mind numbing.

Lonzo went from being the most ass finisher I have ever seen to great in the fourth quarter. The move where he bumped into Chandler and put it in surprised the hell out of me, I am also a fan of the turn around baseline jumper he goes for. He still needs to get bigger and go for more fucking dunks when he finishes, idk if its his ankle that is bothering him but he hasn't had a dunk in both games yet. Lonzo's defensive efforts have also been great and a big improvement over SL & college.

Ingram was basically the person I was happiest about, he knocked down shots and was working with confidence. The last shot he took before the half was ballsy but also fucking stupid, if he missed that people would have been pissed because it was a dumb play. He still ISOs too much sometimes, but he was passing out of it more last night. Missing that last three that would have given Lonzo the triple double still hurts, but it is what it is.

Brook Lopez has been getting us buckets but has still been kinda tepid for me so far. He's clearly our best player, but I think he hasn't had a chance to make an impact yet. He had some nice fucking moves down low though early on and kept us in the game. Also 11 boards for him is really good.

Our defense was good for 3 quarters then became booty. It's better than when we would only play decent-good defense for the half but then give up in the second half, but there is so much more room for improvement on that end.

Corey Brewer is a boss and I am sorry for shitting on him yesterday. But he still needs to catch those on the money outlets Zo gives him and finish it, jmon.

Randle has been disappointing as fuck. Looks dejected, like he doesn't want to be there, made really stupid plays in his last few seconds on the court and it's clear he is mad about being relegated to our second unit. He needs to grow the fuck up, because it's becoming more and more obvious Kuzma should be starting over him with LNJ as our back up. Really frustrating to see his attitude and how its been.

lmfao y'all salty as hell that bev owned your boy

Seriously lmao.

Sometimes you have to look at the tape and not the narrative and box score

Analysis:

Happy Ingram and Lonzo had a bounce back game, but there are still some serious problems we have that need fixing. Offensively we looks so much more in sync today and I think that has more to do with the rotations Luke put in, so good job for that. The rotations yesterday were fucking mind numbing.

Lonzo went from being the most ass finisher I have ever seen to great in the fourth quarter. The move where he bumped into Chandler and put it in surprised the hell out of me, I am also a fan of the turn around baseline jumper he goes for. He still needs to get bigger and go for more fucking dunks when he finishes, idk if its his ankle that is bothering him but he hasn't had a dunk in both games yet. Lonzo's defensive efforts have also been great and a big improvement over SL & college.

Ingram was basically the person I was happiest about, he knocked down shots and was working with confidence. The last shot he took before the half was ballsy but also fucking stupid, if he missed that people would have been pissed because it was a dumb play. He still ISOs too much sometimes, but he was passing out of it more last night. Missing that last three that would have given Lonzo the triple double still hurts, but it is what it is.

Brook Lopez has been getting us buckets but has still been kinda tepid for me so far. He's clearly our best player, but I think he hasn't had a chance to make an impact yet. He had some nice fucking moves down low though early on and kept us in the game. Also 11 boards for him is really good.

Our defense was good for 3 quarters then became booty. It's better than when we would only play decent-good defense for the half but then give up in the second half, but there is so much more room for improvement on that end.

Corey Brewer is a boss and I am sorry for shitting on him yesterday. But he still needs to catch those on the money outlets Zo gives him and finish it, jmon.

Randle has been disappointing as fuck. Looks dejected, like he doesn't want to be there, made really stupid plays in his last few seconds on the court and it's clear he is mad about being relegated to our second unit. He needs to grow the fuck up, because it's becoming more and more obvious Kuzma should be starting over him with LNJ as our back up. Really frustrating to see his attitude and how its been.

Sometimes you have to look at the tape and not the narrative and box score

The more minutes Kuzma and Zo play together the better, It's becoming increasingly clear that their chemistry is too real.

Sandfox

Embiid is screwing up or Brett Brown is. His ass should not be at the three point line so much. I'm so disappointed with his play so far. He needs to get into the post more and tell Simmons to pass him the ball there.

Embiid blamed the lose on his teammates not passing him the ball in the post, but that kinda requires him to be in the post and so far he's 0-10 from 3.

Embiid blamed the lose on his teammates not passing him the ball in the post, but that kinda requires him to be in the post and so far he's 0-10 from 3.

He should be smart enough to know his strengths and go to the post. Run there and demand the bal. idk why he keeps shooting 3's when he's missing them all.

Top Bottom