• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Yeah, I can't beat that one and some others like it. Level 66 with Aurora too. Sigh.

I also tried the giant beast (
Bjorn the Behemoose I think
?) but my projectiles did 1 per hit and of course the
Stonecloud
gets destroyed. No idea how to win this either. Feel like I'm missing something.

I think I was about level 70 when I beat the moose. The left cannon is the key. Shoot with high arc to hit his head and shoot the rock he picks up.

When the birds spawn, run to the right gun and shoot as many as possible before they get to you.

Then just zap the rest with Lucious or Aurora and rinse and repeat.

Labadal

Just finished the mission where I have to defend people around Arba while waiting for the Dragon to appear, how many more do I have left? I'm close enough to the end that I might as well beat it but I'd like it to be over as soon as possible...
Not much left. Might as well stick with it until the end.

Hmm I figured I'd need Isla 'cause all my ballista damage did 1 dmg per hit. I never used her in my party 'cause she sucks, so she's underlevelled, but I did see she had that ability (which I of course never spent points on 'cause it was never an issue... heh).

I think I was about level 70 when I beat the moose. The left cannon is the key. Shoot with high arc to hit his head and shoot the rock he picks up.

When the birds spawn, run to the right gun and shoot as many as possible before they get to you.

Then just zap the rest with Lucious or Aurora and rinse and repeat.
Honestly you can ignore the birds and just keep firing at Bjorn. The left Ballista is the key to this fight.

HeeHo

I have about 20 hours in on this and just got
the female main character back
, but how much longer is the game?

I actually like the game a lot but I find myself a little bored after an hour. I think it's a great game for short bursts though. I'm liking it a lot more than Hyrule Warriors, mainly due to the art style and how it feels more like an RPG. The scenes are actually a little entertaining in this compared to HW which I thought was a total yawnfest during scenes.

Gee

I have about 20 hours in on this and just got
the female main character back
, but how much longer is the game?

I actually like the game a lot but I find myself a little bored after an hour. I think it's a great game for short bursts though. I'm liking it a lot more than Hyrule Warriors, mainly due to the art style and how it feels more like an RPG. The scenes are actually a little entertaining in this compared to HW which I thought was a total yawnfest during scenes.

I think around half way?
Took me a bit more than 45h to finish the main story (including some medal grinding) and low in the 50h to platinum.

Footos22

Finished main story and all available sidequests up to that point. Took me 33 hours. Now in middle of metal slime grinding for days. Beat the green dragon grudge match at level 49 barely but luckily gold times don't matter for those lol.

Bianca. Yangus and jessica are my mains. Getting them all to 50 will be pretty easy. Just getting my mains to high enough level to tackle those optional bosses will be a bitch. Is the metal king slime sword the best in the game?

Footos22

Those post game root defense missions are some serious shit. Time to grind

Edit:Maybe not just leveleled up about 15 levels in 30 mins.

only zoma and that orange ogre dude to go. Nocturnus was a piece of piss just used bianca the whole fight. Zoma will be easier now with that orb hopefully. got plenty of bunny tails so should be good to go.

Cant not have yangus. he hits like a train especially his charge up spin attack. just melts shit. i like terry but makes things way to easy.

Footos22

Destroyed zoma. Had to resort back to Terry though. Thought I'd use him in titan too. And well titan was on his knees the whole fight. Didn't even pay attention to the mawkeepers or belial.

That's why terry is super overpowered lol

I got this for Xmas and was initially excited and put a couple of hours in to over Xmas but haven't touched it since - Maybe I put too much faith in the Dragon Quest skin to get me through the game, but I've barely scratched the surface and I've already had to drop it because of how miserable it.

This is entirely my own problem, I understand a good many people love this genre or sub-genre of games, but to me it's mindless button-mashing - The combat isn't even particularly fun, the character movement is incredibly slow and tedious. The tower defense thing is insufferable to me - I get a message that something is taking damage and it's on the other entire side of the map, it takes an eternity to walk over there, all the time my team mates are just blindly following my character when they should be fighting enemies.

I feel like it would be far more fun and strategic to be able to issue commands to party members rather than relying on monster coin summons since once they die (and there's so much going on screen I don't notice when they do so), you still have to drudge all the way back to the place they were defending to summon more.

It looks great, it gets me excited for a real Dragon Quest game, but the gameplay is just not my cup of tea at all. I feel bad because it was a gift, I feel bad because it's Dragon Quest, I feel bad because I'm barely a couple of hours in to the game (the last characters I got were Kiryl and Alena) but it's just so much the exact opposite of what I want to be spending my gaming time doing, I can't tolerate it any longer. :(

tl;dr - it's not the game for me.

Lucreto

Just finished the main story and beginning the post game stuff. I am level 46 and everything is way too difficult.

Can anyone recommend a particular level to grind? Also what level would be best to grind?

Footos22

Just finished the main story and beginning the post game stuff. I am level 46 and everything is way too difficult.

Can anyone recommend a particular level to grind? Also what level would be best to grind?

Get an allure ring. Magnetic necklace and raging ruby. Stick it on bianca then go ham in arba town- hero once the metal slimes show up you'll be level 99 in a couple of hours and everything will be easy. Oh and use terry. Put points into all his special tension building skills and you've basically beat everything with falcon slash and gust slash and constantly be in high tension. He is basically a God

Finally got the last few trophies and finished for good now.

Like the DQ3 outfits you unlock after one of those tough bosses.

Hz3pith.jpg

hsCwCSl.jpg

Guymelef

First scan with new original characters for DQH II is out.
This time seems like the boy and girld are not simple skins. Boy uses two swords.

Rymuth

This time seems like the boy and girld are not simple skins. Boy uses two swords.
Lady with the Ax (Orneze?) shall be my main. I was just debating making a topic about axes in videogames today.

crinale

I wonder how the online multiplayer would be implemented.
There will be Toukiden-esque mission obviously

Lucreto

What level should I focus on grinding to? I have 2 characters at 99 and 2 at 80 and 2 mid 90's.

I still have to level Terry who is in the 70's range but should I be able to clear most of the remaining side quests except the dlc bosses.

SunGod

What level should I focus on grinding to? I have 2 characters at 99 and 2 at 80 and 2 mid 90's.

I still have to level Terry who is in the 70's range but should I be able to clear most of the remaining side quests except the dlc bosses.

Comfortably, probably the DLC bosses too.

I bought the game today and I'm loving it. I wasn't sure on buying it when it released since I didn't know anything about Dragon Quest and the last "Warrior" game I played didn't leave a good impression (One Piece: PW2) but this I was like "this is the last stage I'll play for today" for like 7 stages. Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is a sure buy if it gets released west, really liking how the cast is looking so far.

Just platinumed this game. I was surprised how much the formula worked for this game.

Final trophy was the puff puff and getting the last one was a nightmare.

Yeah, the puff puff trophy is probably the main bad thing with the game :p

Effing Maya took forever to get hers to pop.

Btw, the best tactic is redoing the green dragon fight and checking the bar the moment you get back. It helps to have the person in your party for the Green Dragon fight.

pje122

Just finished this last nite. I liked it overall I think. Really impressed with the high production values and polish. Feels like they put a lot of time and love into it, despite the sort of simple gameplay. I don't typically play musou games.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just started this and pretty fun so far, though I've yet to get to the character switching and more "strategic" parts I heard about---I really like the blend of RPG x Musou here and I'd be interested in seeing Tecmo-Koei try out a more fleshed out, original game following this concept one day.

But is there anyway to make your character run? They move way too slowly for me.

Labadal

Just started this and pretty fun so far, though I've yet to get to the character switching and more "strategic" parts I heard about---I really like the blend of RPG x Musou here and I'd be interested in seeing Tecmo-Koei try out a more fleshed out, original game following this concept one day.

But is there anyway to make your character run? They move way too slowly for me.
I think you can get boots later on that increases running speed by 4-5%.

Rizzi

I finally got around to playing this again. I'm only a few hours in
just got Yangus and Jessica
Should I spend my mini medals on accessory recipies?

Lucreto

I finally got around to playing this again. I'm only a few hours in
just got Yangus and Jessica
Should I spend my mini medals on accessory recipies?

I would wait until much closer to the end of the game. You will be wasting mini medels on recipes you could get for free

Bladenic

So I just got this game from Amazon and for some reason, they sent me an EU version. I already opened it like an idiot, and I assume this is why the day 1 code doesn't work when I try to input it? It was factory sealed. Is it relatively easy to set up an EU account? Is that slime equipment even worth it?

Labadal

So I just got this game from Amazon and for some reason, they sent me an EU version. I already opened it like an idiot, and I assume this is why the day 1 code doesn't work when I try to input it? It was factory sealed. Is it relatively easy to set up an EU account? Is that slime equipment even worth it?
I forgot that I even had them until I finished the game. They can be useful in the first hour or two. After that, you won't need them.

As a Dragon Quest fan with absolutely no Musou experience, how likely am I to enjoy this game? I'm tempted to grab it on PSN because of the sale.

Labadal

As a Dragon Quest fan with absolutely no Musou experience, how likely am I to enjoy this game? I'm tempted to grab it on PSN because of the sale.

I hadn't enjoyed a single Masou game and I liked this game a lot, despite repletion and slow menus. I played this while also playing other games and it worked out quite well in the enjoyment front.

I hadn't enjoyed a single Masou game and I liked this game a lot, despite repletion and slow menus. I played this while also playing other games and it worked out quite well in the enjoyment front.
I back up Labadal 100% here. I really can't stand the Musou games, either, but I have been having a blast with DQ Heroes. And the cons, in my opinion, are the same as mentioned above. Also, it's worth mentioning, that I find the graphics to be very good. The IQ is very crisp and sharp and I find the character models impress me nearly every time.

I back up Labadal 100% here. I really can't stand the Musou games, either, but I have been having a blast with DQ Heroes. And the cons, in my opinion, are the same as mentioned above. Also, it's worth mentioning, that I find the graphics to be very good. The IQ is very crisp and sharp and I find the character models impress me nearly every time.

Sounds good to me! I'll buy it this weekend. It'll be a nice game to play between Valkyria Chronicles missions.

Just got this today. Looks really fun but had an interesting first. Ordered new from Amazon and it came completely opened. It was the day 1 edition and the code worked. Just never got something opened from Amazon.

Sounds good to me! I'll buy it this weekend. It'll be a nice game to play between Valkyria Chronicles missions.
So, what are your thoughts?

I beat the story mode earlier this month and I walked away *very* happy. DQ Heroes is just a fun game, all around. I actually had to pull myself away from the game, as there is plenty to do post-story. I've been trying to plow through my backlog, but shelving DQ Heroes was no easy feat.

eloxx

I just bought this in the psn sale yesterday. Really looking forward to getting into it. Right after The Technomancer.

How long is this game? And how hard for an absolute genre newcomer?

I just bought this in the psn sale yesterday. Really looking forward to getting into it. Right after The Technomancer.

How long is this game? And how hard for an absolute genre newcomer?
It's not hard at all for a newcomer. As for lengthy it's lengthy. I think it took me 40+ hours to beat the campaign and there's countless hours more I could sink into it, if I so choose.

johnsmith

remember me
If I loved Hyrule Warriors will i like this game, is it pretty similar in structure and gameplay?

Yes, they're very similar, basic gameplay is the same, though it adds it's own spin to things, like summonable monsters. It's the same developer, Omega Force.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If I loved Hyrule Warriors will i like this game, is it pretty similar in structure and gameplay?
Very similar, but with two major differences: DQH doesn't have coop, and it's also more RPG-oriented. I enjoyed both, but DQH was more ultimately forgettable, and the story is beyond terrible and cringe-worthy clichéd. Hyrule Warriors was more fun overall, but if you liked it and want more of that, DQH is worth playing.

Top Bottom