• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

E92 M3

If it makes you feel any better I only use it in the horse room, and even then I forget to equip it more often than not. There are like five exotic weapons that I'm actually glad I have and Sky Burner's Oath is definitely not one of them.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

So did we ever find out definitively whether or not the items that show up during the engram preview has any bearing on what you can get at the time? Trying to get an Antiope from the Gunsmith.

v1perz53

I mean I love skyburner but someone will call anything garbage if they arent good with it. Seen lots of complaints that it sucks in pvp but I regularly rip face with it *shrug*

Problem with Skyburner in PvP is it is literally the exact same as similar legendary options (Manannan SR4 as an example) but with a slower body shot time to kill and the slowest reload speed of all scout rifles (because you're forced to pick extended mag). Has the same best case scenario time to kill as all others (nearly every scout has a 1.2 sec oTTK), but if you aren't good with precision shots it becomes slower to kill than all other scouts (the only one with a 2 sec TTK with all body shots). And because of queued inputs in destiny, full auto scouts don't fire any faster than non-full auto scouts. So it is a perfectly fine scout rifle and works as well as other legendary energy scouts, but no better for being exotic. None of its exotic specific perks have any impact in PvP, but it is still good cause scouts in general are good. Though versus a similar legendary where you can change the perks to best suit yourself, exotics in D2 all have a fixed set of perks so you can't customize it as much.

So it isn't a BAD weapon per se, it is just exactly the same in most ways as a legendary scout rifle, only with a slower time to kill than the legendary option if your aim isn't good and you hit all body shots. Still better than 90% of the weapons in Destiny 2 though for PvP.

As I jump into another weekly reset with three characters at 305...what the heck am I supposed to do for the next few months till the DLC?

I'm missing an exotic or two on each character, basically meaning I'm just as likely to get it from Xur as I would through grinding.

I'll snag prestige nightfall and hopefully raid...but seriously months of drought?

I guess the benefit is I still actually enjoying playing, but it is seemingly getting harder and harder to find people that want to do stuff if you aren't getting it done on tuesday.

Oozer3993

After playing entirely too much of Destiny 1 during the first year, I gave it up before The Taken King came out. Well, thanks to a great deal from an eBay seller, I'm now sucked into Destiny 2. My Warlock just got to 270 and I have a couple questions:

* I have a ton of vendor tokens. My understanding is that loot from vendors maxes out at 265. Are my tokens useless?
* The past two weeks, I have noticed several very strong weapons and pieces of armor mysteriously appearing in my inventory after the weekly reset. I'm guessing these are the Powerful Rewards I had neglected to pick up. Am I correct?
* Since I liked attempting it in Destiny 1, is it possible to solo the Nightfall?
* I played Destiny 1 on PS4, but have the sequel on Xbox One. Could I still get the stuff for returning players?
* What pagan god must I make a sacrifice towards to get Tess to give me a Legendary Sparrow? I have a need for speed, dammit!

v1perz53

As I jump into another weekly reset with three characters at 305...what the heck am I supposed to do for the next few months till the DLC?

I'm missing an exotic or two on each character, basically meaning I'm just as likely to get it from Xur as I would through grinding.

I'll snag prestige nightfall and hopefully raid...but seriously months of drought?

Careful man, post about how you have nothing to do and you'll get tons of people telling you how much better this actually is cause Bungie finally respects your time! Because you having something to do for months would definitely take away from their ability to finish their characters up and stop playing themselves, and you can't have that!

Partially kidding, partially not. For real, there's nothing in this game that matters to do once you're at 305 and have the major guns you want. For them saying in a recent interview that this is a "collection game" now there isn't much to collect.

v1perz53

After playing entirely too much of Destiny 1 during the first year, I gave it up before The Taken King came out. Well, thanks to a great deal from an eBay seller, I'm now sucked into Destiny 2. My Warlock just got to 270 and I have a couple questions:

* I have a ton of vendor tokens. My understanding is that loot from vendors maxes out at 265. Are my tokens useless?
* The past two weeks, I have noticed several very strong weapons and pieces of armor mysteriously appearing in my inventory after the weekly reset. I'm guessing these are the Powerful Rewards I had neglected to pick up. Am I correct?
* Since I liked attempting it in Destiny 1, is it possible to solo the Nightfall?
* I played Destiny 1 on PS4, but have the sequel on Xbox One. Could I still get the stuff for returning players?
* What pagan god must I make a sacrifice towards to get Tess to give me a Legendary Sparrow? I have a need for speed, dammit!

I'll try to address your points in order.
- Gear from vendors doesn't max at 265, not sure where that came from. Everything scales all the way to 300, but most sources give gear that is slightly lower than your overall power level. So if you're 270 (without mods) most stuff will be dropping at ~265. You can still get new guns and armor from those tokens though and infuse them up.
- If you look at the director (screen where you pick a planet) and hold L2 (LT on Xbox I think) you'll see your milestones. Anything that says it awards "powerful gear" will give you stuff better than your current level, all that stuff resets weekly.
- It isn't really possible to solo the nightfall, it is timed now so it would have to be a very specific set of modifiers and specific strikes to be possible. Makes me very sad, I liked to solo it too. Timer is pretty tight in most cases, my brother and I struggle to 2 man it most weeks.
- Not sure about stuff for returning players, all I got was a lame transmat effect and I played all thru TTK on PS4 for both games.
- Best bet for a legendary sparrow is to dismantle the stuff you get from her for Bright Dust and buy one from her set options. They change each week. All the random ships and ghosts and gear from her dismantles into bright dust.

Careful man, post about how you have nothing to do and you'll get tons of people telling you how much better this actually is cause Bungie finally respects your time! Because you having something to do for months would definitely take away from their ability to finish their characters up and stop playing themselves, and you can't have that!

Partially kidding, partially not. For real, there's nothing in this game that matters to do once you're at 305 and have the major guns you want. For them saying in a recent interview that this is a "collection game" now there isn't much to collect.

I mean yah, I'll admit I'm not casual but that term really doesn't have much meaning. I play a couple hours each day, the thing is we are all going to hit the wall and it happens really quickly (the only one that took time was the first). I suck at Trials which is the last thing that I want to do, I really want to do a flawless...but that just doesn't seem like it is something that is going to happen. Furthermore, is that what I have left?

I didn't play much of Destiny 1 post DLC, but this just doesn't feel right. I enjoy the hell out of the game, it is exceptionally fun especially when my friends or GAF are with me. But damn, where is the actual content i.e. grind post 305?

Guppeth

They’re useless for increasing your power level. I saved mine until I hit 305, then used them to get a huge pile of max power gear to infuse all my best stuff with.

Zereta

I guess the benefit is I still actually enjoying playing, but it is seemingly getting harder and harder to find people that want to do stuff if you aren't getting it done on tuesday.

I mean, you could just take a break from the game unless they do events that interest you until the DLC comes out? Having 3 characters at 305, you've enjoyed the time you've had with the game, I think it's fine to put the game on a shelf for a little bit if you find yourself with nothing much to do.

2 back to back lucky raspberries but not the exotic I actually need and don't have, The Celestial Nighthawk. I guess I'll just try and wear my 3 raspberries one over the other.

I mean yah, I'll admit I'm not casual but that term really doesn't have much meaning. I play a couple hours each day, the thing is we are all going to hit the wall and it happens really quickly (the only one that took time was the first). I suck at Trials which is the last thing that I want to do, I really want to do a flawless...but that just doesn't seem like it is something that is going to happen. Furthermore, is that what I have left?

I didn't play much of Destiny 1 post DLC, but this just doesn't feel right. I enjoy the hell out of the game, it is exceptionally fun especially when my friends or GAF are with me. But damn, where is the actual content i.e. grind post 305?

There is none. Bungie is still putting out the bs carrot of "we have ideas to make duplicates exciting" that they have been saying since before launch. IB had set me over the edge. The title is basically: raid with clan, come back for time limited stuff, and that's it. I never expected to be 4 weeks in and be this disappointed and burnt out in this title. I expected burn out after the Spring DLC like I did after HoW but I was never disappointed in D1. After being told "boo hoo" and play something else by clan and friends in going to take that advice. Maybe at some point the title will become exciting and I'll want to log in everyday to the detriment of other games like D1, but who knows.

Oozer3993

I'll try to address your points in order.
- Gear from vendors doesn't max at 265, not sure where that came from. Everything scales all the way to 300, but most sources give gear that is slightly lower than your overall power level. So if you're 270 (without mods) most stuff will be dropping at ~265. You can still get new guns and armor from those tokens though and infuse them up.
- If you look at the director (screen where you pick a planet) and hold L2 (LT on Xbox I think) you'll see your milestones. Anything that says it awards "powerful gear" will give you stuff better than your current level, all that stuff resets weekly.
- It isn't really possible to solo the nightfall, it is timed now so it would have to be a very specific set of modifiers and specific strikes to be possible. Makes me very sad, I liked to solo it too. Timer is pretty tight in most cases, my brother and I struggle to 2 man it most weeks.
- Not sure about stuff for returning players, all I got was a lame transmat effect and I played all thru TTK on PS4 for both games.
- Best bet for a legendary sparrow is to dismantle the stuff you get from her for Bright Dust and buy one from her set options. They change each week. All the random ships and ghosts and gear from her dismantles into bright dust.

They’re useless for increasing your power level. I saved mine until I hit 305, then used them to get a huge pile of max power gear to infuse all my best stuff with.

Thanks for responding, you two!

Yeah we need coordination for the rings and supers especially

My super would have killed him at the end there but I forgot you could hear me and didn't warn you not to damage him, since it made him disappear before I could shoot him

I'm not sure I like the changing damage mechanic

Top Bottom