• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

deadduck

You get shields to cower behind or healing rifts to camp in. We should be allowed our moment of selfish privacy.

Thanks, Invisible hunters (not so) anonymous

Really sorry for last night. :-(

To be franc, I raged quit after the second attempt. Don't want to excuse myself but lack of sleep didn't help. Not my finest hour as a gaffer...

I'm willing to try again later tonight if you still wanna try with me. No rage quit this time. :p

Lol you rage quit? For shame Nico. For shame.

Raven117

Those swords really are terrible. In a game where everything is very high on the TTK, a OHK weapon with that much ammo close up.... not good.

In every game I see a camping sword person. I make it my mission to hunt them down every time... and maybe... not so subtlety make my feelings know on that playstyle.

v1perz53

Yeah it really needs to not be one hit, was it that way in D1? I can't remember.

Yea it was. But anyway, swords are really easy to counter once you realize how popular they are. The D2 map designs leave a lot to be desired, but there's basically no time on these maps that you have to round a corner blindly putting yourself at risk. And it is trivial to kill a sword user with Last Hope or Uriels as they run at you before they reach you. Only time sword is "overpowered" is when you don't realize they have one, but you get a notification whenever the enemy picks up power ammo showing exactly what weapon type they got ammo for, so you can always be prepared.

If anything, the only thing that needs adjusting with swords is the amount of ammo you get for them, like 7 swings per power brick is excessive (even if good players will ensure you don't live to use all 7 swings)

Swords are like Pulse nades, I never die to one and go "oh that was bullshit" it is always "god damn it I put myself in that position, should've played better to avoid that".

if only they returned Melee to Destiny 1 form, taking out sword wielders wouldn't be so much of an issue. Titan Shoulder Charge hahahahhaha doesn't kill. Normally a well timed Shoulder Charge or Ability Melee would take care of pesky sword wielder.

those who chose to wield a sword do so to punish Bungie for nerfing Melee abilities

it it's fucking insane in pvp! it realls pisses me off!!!! but it's like the only time mobility is actually useful in the game...

It's seriously made me consider putting together a Mobility build.

if only they returned Melee to Destiny 1 form, taking out sword wielders wouldn't be so much of an issue. Titan Shoulder Charge hahahahhaha doesn't kill. Normally a well timed Shoulder Charge or Ability Melee would take care of pesky sword wielder.

those who chose to wield a sword do so to punish Bungie for nerfing Melee abilities

It annoys me how hard they nerfed shoulder charge in PvP. It's come in handy for chasing low health players every now and then, but otherwise it's not worth doing considering how many frames you're stuck in animation after a successful hit. It should either let you out of the animation sooner, or do more damage.

I hate invis hunter sword campers. So dumb.

Everything about Hunters feels cheap. I don't want people to stop using those tactics because otherwise it makes Hunters completely useless but it just seems like anything that gives them an advantage is a goofy gimmick that's meant to be abused.

Like watching Gothalian's stream, I'd say 90% of his crucible kills come from that dodge to invis and then using the STOMPs to jump into the air and then come down on the enemy with the Last Hope. That's it. With the terrible FOV in this game it's hard enough to see when people are sailing over you let alone when that enemy is invisible. He rarely has any engagements where it's just him shooting back at anyone 1 on 1. As soon as he's in a bad spot he just goes invisible and jumps 1937658013680364061ft into the air and comes down on them with the fastest ttk weapon in the game. And there's pretty much nothing you can do about it unless you just kind of expect it every single time.

shermas

So frustrating to charge around as a striker and land a perfect shoulder charge, then mash the melee button to try and finish someone off... As you get Last Hoped to death

Sayad

Huh! Got a the IO Nightfall instead of Exodus Crash! Is this a bug?! Still counted toward weekly milestone so whatever, it's a way better nightfall anyway! ;p

Sword in PvP is hilariously annoying. Had a guy this morning chop our whole team down.

For average hunters like me, Quickfang equalizes some of our deficiencies in weaker grenades and less recovery. Third person view is ridiculously helpful peeking around corners and stalking prey.

I demolished a team in quick play last night with the sword. 6.5 k/d. Of course, you're limited by heavy spawning and certain maps aren't phenomenal for swords.

Aumann

For average hunters like me, Quickfang equalizes some of our deficiencies in weaker grenades and less recovery. Third person view is ridiculously helpful peeking around corners and stalking prey.

I demolished a team in quick play last night with the sword. 6.5 k/d. Of course, you're limited by heavy spawning and certain maps aren't phenomenal for swords.

Dont swords OHK enemies without ammo anyway?

Everything about Hunters feels cheap. I don't want people to stop using those tactics because otherwise it makes Hunters completely useless but it just seems like anything that gives them an advantage is a goofy gimmick that's meant to be abused.

Like watching Gothalian's stream, I'd say 90% of his crucible kills come from that dodge to invis and then using the STOMPs to jump into the air and then come down on the enemy with the Last Hope. That's it. With the terrible FOV in this game it's hard enough to see when people are sailing over you let alone when that enemy is invisible. He rarely has any engagements where it's just him shooting back at anyone 1 on 1. As soon as he's in a bad spot he just goes invisible and jumps 1937658013680364061ft into the air and comes down on them with the fastest ttk weapon in the game. And there's pretty much nothing you can do about it unless you just kind of expect it every single time.

I ran into a crew of hunters doing this in IB the third time one did it I equipped an Antiope-d and suddenly problem solved. It's a dumb gimmicky trick that is easily countered when you realize what's going on.

Top Bottom