• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Graduation is my favourite Kanye-album, easily. Mostly because I was 15 when it dropped and it was the first one I heard in full.

Champion.

beSFiXF.png

I Wonder.

beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png

Flashing Lights.

beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png
beSFiXF.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hip-Hop GAF

What ever happened to that dude The Illz? He dropped that album the Persuit like 8 years ago or something.

Did he just quit or something?

Koozek

Big Boi's New Music Corner Ep. 2: VICE News Tonight (HBO)
Our new music critic, Big Boi reviews new music in his debut installment of Music Critic. Today's songs include: "Premio" by Romeo Santos ft. Swizz Beatz, "Move on" by Charlotte Dos Santos, "Butterfly effect" by Travis Scott, "and My mind is for sale" by Jack Johnson
---
Vorheez said:
The Making Of Kodak Black's "Patty Cake" With Ness | Deconstructed

EDIT: NO FUCKING WAY. I swear, I knew this sample sounded familiar when I bumped the Kodak album. That's Masashi Hamauzu's (one of my absolute GOAT composers) piano arrangement of a FFX song. Listened to this piano album hundreds of times and am ashamed that I only now realized this, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51tR1qnL28

Vorheez

Thanks for lookin out Koozek! I'll check that out when I get home tonight

I've had this spooky on nonstop for two days now. Shit keeps me somber and floating. Ice Boy, Mourn, No Title, Revenge Song, All Out, and Hunker Down are my favourites.

IrishNinja

page 198 huh
y'all finished or y'all done

Which is weird because normally critics highlight rappers who elevate the genre and Kendrick hasn't done that. Compared to Kanye what impact does he have on rap music, the direction of of the genre, etc? He's like the least influential "great" rapper of all time.

Better than College Dropout

every day, without cease, we stray a little further from god's light

Ay niggas, if you got somethin to say you can say it in the thread.

Anyways, I made the thread because holy shit that video is something. I was fucking perplexed by it all, shit was...something.

Are you asking us to bump your thread to promote your promotion of XXX even more?? Shameless.

But I posted on the first page

Vorheez

Hey lil peep is actually pretty dope, why didn't anyone tell me? Awful Things was on a playlist I was listening to and it made me check it out. He's like a hip hop blink 182

CoolOff

Only Lil Peep I've heard is Hollywood Dreaming, but that one is amazing.

This Corbin-album is legit great. Reminds me of James Blake at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom