• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
I think Kendrick is going to start receiving backlash soon, Damn being overrated/a poor follow-up, this whole XXXtencacion mess, I wonder what else will happen.
I mean, calling something overrated really does nothing to say how you feel about it but okay. Having what many perceive to be the best rap album of the year thus fur, completely sold out shows, multiple and I mean multiple charting singles right now, good pub except for one mess up...what backlash should he receive?

riotous

Banned
I like the spooky black album; it's a bit repetitive tho. Uses similar melodies and concepts throughout, and something else repetitive about it that I can't quite put my finger on.. maybe just how often he speaks in the first person, wonder what percentage of lines in his lyrics start with "I."

Eos

graduation 💕

10 year anniversary
beSFiXF.png

Graduation_%28album%29.jpg

Gonna be bumping this today

Fevaweva

Can't Tell Me Nothing sounds like it could come out tomorrow and still be a classic. Maybe replace the Jeezy adlibs for someone else more relevant, but my point still stands.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Instead of quoting multiple people I just decided that I would respond in a separate post. Obviously my opinion thinking Damn is overrated might be in the minority, but I think if someone asked a general audience to rank his three studio albums that Damn might come in last. I personally am not a fan of it, but alas the general public seems to love it. I am probably jumping the gun on this, as the XXXtenacion connection is mainly just Kendrick tweeting about the album despite probably knowing how the guy acts. The fact that Taylor Swift can still have such a strong pull, with a crappy (but catchy) song kind of proves that the general public does not care...

Graduation has a bunch of bangers, but a lot of weak songs as well. It is his pop album, and even though Gold Digger is still his biggest hit, this helped the general public become more aware of him.

LionPride

Banned
Instead of quoting multiple people I just decided that I would respond in a separate post. Obviously my opinion thinking Damn is overrated might be in the minority, but I think if someone asked a general audience to rank his three studio albums that Damn might come in last. I personally am not a fan of it, but alas the general public seems to love it. I am probably jumping the gun on this, as the XXXtenacion connection is mainly just Kendrick tweeting about the album despite probably knowing how the guy acts. The fact that Taylor Swift can still have such a strong pull, with a crappy (but catchy) song kind of proves that the general public does not care...

Graduation has a bunch of bangers, but a lot of weak songs as well. It is his pop album, and even though Gold Digger is still his biggest hit, this helped the general public become more aware of him.

If anything, given how it seems a lot of the general public do not like TPAB given the musical style and content, Damn may be second for some people ahead of TBAP

Vorheez

I can't quite pinpoint why, but I really don't fuck with Kanye's music. I've tried to get into it ever since college dropout, but it just doesn't resonate wth me. Like, I acknowledge and respect his artistic integrity, but it's just not for me I guess. I kinda wish i knew why, but meh

Dereck

I can't quite pinpoint why, but I really don't fuck with Kanye's music. I've tried to get into it ever since college dropout, but it just doesn't resonate wth me. Like, I acknowledge and respect his artistic integrity, but it's just not for me I guess. I kinda wish i knew why, but meh
Same

My dream, while I'm in China, is to buy some super overtly fake Kanye merch or other streetwear.

That way, I can play a fun game where I try and see how far I can go with an elaborate story as to why it exists.

On another note, the Chinese really really REALLY love Superdry, judging by the amount of fakes I saw at one of these markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom