• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Wonkey isn't saying shit that hasn't been said since the game was "leaked" in 2014.

The Horse is dead already. Yes Tekken 7 has taken ages to come out. Yes wait is painful and arduous but what's all the bitching and moaning gonna do? Harada and Michael Murray obviously have/had their hands tied and are doing what they possibly can to keep the game in public interest. Could it be better? Of course! But you're literally yelling at brick wall and sorry to say none of you are Paul Phoenix right now.

Some of you act like little kids who keep asking mom whether or not you're still going to the store even though she already said yes. Go live your lives and stop bitching about a damn video game.

People have the right to voice their displeasure. It took a week to fill out the posts on the last page; I think people here are living their lives and not thinking about Tekken just fine.

The Wonkey stuff was spurred on by some comments Markman made at the end of the Tokyo Qualifiers stream. I didn't catch it so I don't know all the details but it was enough for Markman to come across somewhat apologetic a little while later so I think discussion is merited.

I think it's good that people are still angry after all this waiting. Because the next step is apathy, and I don't think that's where Namco wants their fanbase to be about their game whenever EARLY 2017!!! finally arrives.

AAK

The Horse is dead already. Yes Tekken 7 has taken ages to come out. Yes wait is painful and arduous but what's all the bitching and moaning gonna do? Harada and Michael Murray obviously have/had their hands tied and are doing what they possibly can to keep the game in public interest. Could it be better? Of course! .

The key difference here is that Namco doesn't share this opinion of yours. Namco believes this dumb model is the right way of going about things and has no desire or forecast of improving it. Namco never once went out and apologized or commented on how things aren't right the way it is. Instead Namco have consistently defended it saying it's "better" for the fans.

Hence, the frustration. People are just using the outlet to vent.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
On a totally side note, I had notion that Tekken *could* follow in NRS' footsteps and possibly have pre-fight dialogues. Of course, they'd have to be rather simple, since the game only really allows for 1 intro each. This is more random brainstorming than anything.

Any character: Blah blah blah
Bryan: Buahahaha!

Kaz: Your mom was a skank
Jin: *Transforms into DVJ*
Kaz: awww HELL NAW

Hei: Your mom was a skank
Kaz: *Transforms into Devil*
Hei: *sigh* Here we go again.

Raven: Still up to your shenanigans?
Yoshi: Still pretending to be a "real ninja"?
Raven: ...

Paul: Your mom was a skank
Steve: Who?
Paul: Nevermind.

*on the Snow stage*
King: Look at all my fans! Hi everyone!
Feng: ... *sigh*

Nina: Anyone seen my sister?

yeah, I think it's bed time. night folks

That'd be cool. One of the best parts of MKX presentation wise. Unfortunately, it meant the same exact intro animations every time.

Sayah

Wonkey isn't saying shit that hasn't been said since the game was "leaked" in 2014.

The Horse is dead already. Yes Tekken 7 has taken ages to come out. Yes wait is painful and arduous but what's all the bitching and moaning gonna do? Harada and Michael Murray obviously have/had their hands tied and are doing what they possibly can to keep the game in public interest. Could it be better? Of course! But you're literally yelling at brick wall and sorry to say none of you are Paul Phoenix right now.

Some of you act like little kids who keep asking mom whether or not you're still going to the store even though she already said yes. Go live your lives and stop bitching about a damn video game.

lol

People have the right to voice their displeasure. It took a week to fill out the posts on the last page; I think people here are living their lives and not thinking about Tekken just fine.

The Wonkey stuff was spurred on by some comments Markman made at the end of the Tokyo Qualifiers stream. I didn't catch it so I don't know all the details but it was enough for Markman to come across somewhat apologetic a little while later so I think discussion is merited.

I think it's good that people are still angry after all this waiting. Because the next step is apathy, and I don't think that's where Namco wants their fanbase to be about their game whenever EARLY 2017!!! finally arrives.

Plus, a lot of positive changes we've seen (like new default costumes) is thanks to the fan backlash. Otherwise, Harada was content on keeping 10 year old defaults because he wanted to create an "iconic" look.

Yeah but we've been voicing displeasure since the game was announced dude. Its hard to have a conversation in this thread without people complaining about something whether its customs, the long wait or whatever. Its the same shit.

The key difference here is that Namco doesn't share this opinion of yours. Namco believes this dumb model is the right way of going about things and has no desire or forecast of improving it. Namco never once went out and apologized or commented on how things aren't right the way it is. Instead Namco have consistently defended it saying it's "better" for the fans.

Hence, the frustration. People are just using the outlet to vent.

But I thought we all understood that Namco itself(don't wanna directly blame Harada here) was being stupid. I'm attacking the constant whirlwind complaints that at the end of the day, don't do shit but be complaints. We've vented for years at this point and its tiring for me personally even though I would like to visit the thread and talk Tekken more. We've barely had a conversation about Tokyo Qualifiers itself or the world tournament when there's a bit to talk about.

GrayFoxPL

ggs Grayfox
Didn't know you had such a great Jin

Great, lol. The only thing I'm good with him is timing f+4 for counter hits.

Sorry for terrible playing, I haven't played in a while, even my Paul sucked. But you should play more of your single characters like Feng and Lili, you have awesome skills with them, among all the rest.

Numb

Tekken 7 is out brehs
Cx_YCojXEAEg0Jj.jpg:large
full

would play
Great, lol. The only thing I'm good with him is timing f+4 for counter hits.

Sorry for terrible playing, I haven't played in a while, even my Paul sucked. But you should play more of your single characters like Feng and Lili, you have awesome skills with them, among all the rest.

Got hit so much by it
No prob.We all get rusty.Feng and Lili just too easy and fun to play

Numb

Jab speed and just -10 and leads into shoulder for good damage on CH
Just pressing it during any seen delay mixups

GrayFoxPL

Jab speed and just -10 and leads into shoulder for good damage on CH
Just pressing it during any seen delay mixups

Yeah you hit me off df+1~B stuff every time. I almost cried, like 5 people online ever hit me off Paul's sway stuff.

HLnp9FV.gif

I must do it faster...or slower, I don't know.

Numb

You can never get used to deathfist melting your life bar tho
Yikes
Been years
Let's make it even better in T7 they say

AAK

Yeah but we've been voicing displeasure since the game was announced dude. Its hard to have a conversation in this thread without people complaining about something whether its customs, the long wait or whatever. Its the same shit.

But I thought we all understood that Namco itself(don't wanna directly blame Harada here) was being stupid. I'm attacking the constant whirlwind complaints that at the end of the day, don't do shit but be complaints. We've vented for years at this point and its tiring for me personally even though I would like to visit the thread and talk Tekken more. We've barely had a conversation about Tokyo Qualifiers itself or the world tournament when there's a bit to talk about.

After browsing the thread there has been more "discussion" per se for the past few months in this thread than the complaining. The Euro-guys talk about the matches they have. When the US qualifier happened there was a lot of positive talk about that. The reason this recent blowback started was because Namco pulled the "stop being mad, would you rather we give you nothing" card which led to Wonkey calling them out on the BS attitude. After making that comment Namco deserves to hear the community's discontentment after refusing to even acknowledge the prior feedback.

GrayFoxPL

You can never get used to deathfist melting your life bar tho
Yikes
Been years
Let's make it even better in T7 they say

Even stronger deathfist?

Hvcfsrv.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing: Watching this I thought it would be so insane if Ono made T7 switch and Akuma in SFV turns around and is not Akuma but Heihachi or Jinpachi, hahah.

I know it's about mvc4 but....

Numb

After browsing the thread there has been more "discussion" per se for the past few months in this thread than the complaining. The Euro-guys talk about the matches they have. When the US qualifier happened there was a lot of positive talk about that. The reason this recent blowback started was because Namco pulled the "stop being mad, would you rather we give you nothing" card which led to Wonkey calling them out on the BS attitude. After making that comment Namco deserves to hear the community's discontentment after refusing to even acknowledge the prior feedback.
Saving complaining for when the game gets delayed beyond Q1
Even stronger deathfist?

Hvcfsrv.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing: Watching this I thought it would be so insane if Ono made T7 switch and Akuma in SFV turns around and is not Akuma but Heihachi or Jinpachi, hahah.

I know it's about mvc4 but....
Damn blue deathfists!

Hope it's Shin Akumer or even Evil Ryu i'm down for

Dereck

Reference

Sayah

Markman, I don't think calling people a bitch is exactly going to help turn the tide of negativity. You've already had easy access to the game since the vanilla launch, and I don't think you can place yourself in the same position as most of us.

I don't exactly know what sort of careers these other players like Kane, RIP, and Aris have but most of us can't exactly pick up and go to Japan or every single tournament you're hosting like they do because jobs, families, responsibilities, etc. get in the way. And then there are other members here like Grayfox that can't physically go travel around the nation/world.

I played and supported the game when it was at Dave & Busters but that was also short lived. And now, we're venturing into December and do not have a set release date for what is supposedly an "early 2017" title.

SMH. Both sides should chill with this, I have held my tongue on this and been on the waiting period but some of the complaints are valid but what Mike is also valid it is a beating a dead horse. But calling people bitches isn't really helping either I can agree with that and it's not a good thing to say but with that said Markman you have done great things and I appreciate that.

And he apologized on that same that stream, we are on the heels of 2017 if it gets delayed then by all means go HAM but at the end of the day Mark isn't Harada or the higher ups of Namco he does his part. That don't ask me for shit shirt wasn't that funny to me either though but that's just me and my own thoughts with that..

Anyways, I pre-ordered FFXV and Last Guardian is also coming out soon so I got plenty of gaming.

We're all tekken fans at the end of it all and each and every one of us are going to be passionate about it so let's focus on that common interest and not fight over something that is beyond us.

Bakoery

SO I logged on PSN after a half year and I was wondering. Why isn't there no TTT2 on Playstation Now? Would really help me with my tekkenless ps4.

I'm pretty sure they already know people are pissed about the release date lol. The feedback is only constructive when it's actually different and not the same shit. But I'm out of the thread until the game is released.

AllenShrz

Does the rage art of xiaoyu starts with a low, natural to mid that can be cancelled to start a combo?

I was fighting a xiaoyu player yesterday and Im almost sure it was that way and she just kept doing all the time and I was eating it all.

joeblow

Her Rage Art is a very punishable mid that starts her multi-hit combo with a punch. It can be done facing forward or while she is in Art of Phoenix stance.

You are asking about her Rage Drive. It can only be done with her back turned to you, and it is a two-hit, low/mid natural combo that always launches. The string forces her into Art of Phoenix for the potential juggle follow-up whether it hits you or not (she cannot prevent it). It's also a lot safer on block than the Rage Art.

sasuke_91

Game was good but didn't finish. Just spent hours flying around collecting those things. Will get to finish before 2 drops

Also 2

M4hnOCz.gif

lawd.png
lawd.png

The game looks amazing. Too many amazing games coming out these next few months though. No idea if I should get anything Day One.

Saving complaining for when the game gets delayed beyond Q1

Exactly :p

Oh I love it! I preordered Final Fantasy XV from base.com for 41€. I was prepared to get it a little later since it's from UK, but today I got an E-Mail telling me that SE was "unable to supply their full stock requirements" so my order got delayed until they restock T_T
And here I thought I'd be able to play the game next week :(

Rajang

We'll just have to find out when it happens then.

If MVC4 actually happens will it be on your radar?

No, I personally don't care about Marvel, but I did love X-men vs Street Fighter as a kid. I do love the hype though, hope people get what they want. What about you guys?

AllenShrz

Her Rage Art is a very punishable mid that starts her multi-hit combo with a punch. It can be done facing forward or while she is in Art of Phoenix stance.

You are asking about her Rage Drive. It can only be done with her back turned to you, and it is a two-hit, low/mid natural combo that always launches. The string forces her into Art of Phoenix for the potential juggle follow-up whether it hits you or not (she cannot prevent it). It's also a lot safer on block than the Rage Art.

Oh yes, I meant rage drive.

So it was a low that can be done while shes doing all her shenanigans, fuck that. I was mad that day fighting that xiaoyu.

joeblow

Don't feel bad. The low starter is very fast for a natural launcher, which makes her RD one of the best in the game.

Dereck

Sir,
2Ilsihh.png
as the official OP of the third Tekken OT, I silently made a pact not to complain at all.

This is why the thread is only at 8 pages and not 20 right now. You're all welcome.

sasuke_91

Sir,
2Ilsihh.png
as the official OP of the third Tekken OT, I silently made a pact not to complain at all.

This is why the thread is only at 8 pages and not 20 right now. You're all welcome.
Thank you sir.

If MarkMan's post doesn't mean a release date I'll consider a delay confirmed.

Top Bottom