• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 3000 trademarked?

Occam

If true, HDMI might make me interested (despite owning multiple Vitas and Vita TVs already). I doubt they'd introduce micro sd now.
However, I seriously hope the outward shape isn't changed again, wouldn't want to have to buy yet another grip.

As a sidenote, Vita 1000 is capable of HDMI output. Sony just never released the necessary cable.

What about trademarking some new games ?

6jdJl8P.gif

co1onel

Unless is has non-proprietary memory cards I don't see the point.

Also there was a thread the other day asking if a 3000 was possible and most people said there wasn't a chance :|

Muzicfreq

Banned
*looks at the top view*

Aww theres no l2&r2 triggers..

*looks at the sides*

OMG... are those..?!

also whats that square thing on the left side?

could they be a slot for sd memory sticks?!
don't see anything like that on the 2k (from images off google)

oh lawd, I don't want to jump ahead of myself, but I need this...

The things you are seeing under the shoulder buttons are dips that are present in the 2000. They aren't buttons.

Hellraider

Clickable Sticks, R2/L2, DS3/4 bluetooth support and HDMI out. These are the things that need and can happen.

Expecting OLED and SD support is unrealistic.

Skyzard

Banned
The things you are seeing under the shoulder buttons are dips that are present in the 2000. They aren't buttons.

I thought that at second, then I thought they were triggers due to the side picture with a bit sticking out where the triggers will be...but now I'm not sure as that could be the webcamera.

But the top hollowed out dips look larger than the ones currently on the v2000...so maybe!

Sitrus

Looks like a Vita 1000 3G with the Vita 2000 buttons. Slot on the left is the SIM-slot. On the bottom we have the charger port, headset port, memory card slot. On the top, only L/R. Round start and select. LCD screen based on the text from the twitterbot.

Clickable Sticks, R2/L2, DS3/4 bluetooth support and HDMI out. These are the things that need and can happen.

Expecting OLED and SD support is unrealistic.

Sorry, they are not going to change the device control specs :p

HDMI out and microSD cardslot are the realistic additions.

Bluetooth controller support is a little silly for the Vita, could be added though but probably not, please buy a VitaTV.

driver116

Remote play will be forever hampered by the Vita's lack of triggers and L3+R3. Vita will be forever hampered by the lack of an SD card slot.

Looks like a Vita 1000 3G with the Vita 2000 buttons. Slot on the left is the SIM-slot. On the bottom we have the charger port, headset port, memory card slot. On the top, only L/R. Round start and select. LCD screen based on the text from the twitterbot.
Vita 1500.

Muzicfreq

Banned
As I said in the PSN thread that is definitely a Vita 1000. Move along people, nothing to see here.

TBH, this looks just like a Vita 1000 with Vita 2000 buttons layout. That's it. Look fake as shit to me.
It looks like a shopped 2000 with extra ports from the 1000
The top view looks sketchy as fuck also due to no volume buttons....
I thought that at second, then I thought they were triggers due to the side picture with a bit sticking out where the triggers will be...but now I'm not sure as that could be the webcamera.

But the top hollowed out dips look larger than the ones currently on the v2000...so maybe!

It's the rear camera

At most it's going to contain some changes on the interior parts to lower costs and increase efficiency. Wishing for hardware additions and improvements is probably unwise.

NewDust

Also for people who keep seeing a hdmi port, where would you charge the damn thing?

Seems to be just production sketches for iteration on the v1k to the v2k.

It looks like a shopped 2000 with extra ports from the 1000
The top view looks sketchy as fuck also due to no volume buttons....

They are ther in the frontview. Look at the humps on top.

co1onel

Also for people who keep seeing a hdmi port, where would you charge the damn thing?

I'm personally not seeing the hdmi port, but the return of the slot on the top is most likely a video out port like on the original vita. Not sure why they'd bring that back unless they planned on letting people use it this time. I assume the port on the bottom is the charging port.

At most it's going to contain some changes on the interior parts to lower costs and increase efficiency. Wishing for hardware additions and improvements is probably unwise.

Maybe it's just a streaming device that doesn't play Vita games (or have the Vita's CPU/GPU to lower the cost) made for remote play with the ps4.

maouvin

Face is from the 2000 model, everything else is from 1000. The thickness seems pretty close to the 1000 model too.
Need a formal announcement to hype.

Hellraider

Sorry, they are not going to change the device control specs :p

HDMI out and microSD cardslot are the realistic additions.

Bluetooth controller support is a little silly for the Vita, could be added though but probably not, please buy a VitaTV.

What's the problem with extra buttons? Perfect remote play will be the selling point and it's not like there will be games that will only support the new buttons.

By your logic HDMI out should also be unrealistic since they have VitaTV.

microSD support is never happening. They don't want mainstream status for the system, they want to milk what niche fanbase there is. There is no reason to stop selling their proprietary memory cards.

NewDust

I'm personally not seeing the hdmi port, but the return of the slot on the top is most likely a video out port like on the original vita. Not sure why they'd bring that back unless they planned on letting people use it this time. I assume the port on the bottom is the charging port.

Why would they go back to a propiertary charge slot, and on top of that, bring back the 3g version? Why inflating the price of tech thats already hard to sell. This thing we are seeing here is never coming out.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Considering every hardware revision of a Sony console has been leaked before E3, I'm inclined the believe this.

While that may be, I am not going to believe it till I see it. Also if it is real I suspect the price is going to be more if the side port or top port is a video out mainly because it would be like a PSTV and a Vita in one.

Matriox

I'm just not seeing the triggers folks are talking about apparently. No triggers, no buy, I'll just wait for the attachment that's suppose to come out this month for my 2000 model anyways. Stoked there is possibly another revision though!

LAA

Hmm, looks like a 2000 face and 1000 everything else.
Not sure I'd upgrade anyway... Only if the 3000 had OLED again, same ergonomics as 2000 and R2/L2 triggers which are unlikely. Guess we'll see soon if it's true anyway. Maybe even before E3. We know Sony wouldn't like to waste their precious time talking about Vita...

Tizoc

For reals though, if this thing can support 256 gb or whereabouts I am switching to one and my old oLED will be for JP PSN stuff @o@

No one would complain about it because nobody would know they existed because they'd be too busy playing the games that are released.

I have no idea what you just wrote <3

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't see the hdmi, i only see the return of the mystery port and something on a side, but it could be anything.

What about trademarking some new games ?

Are you still at this point? Vita haters left the no gaemz bullshit long time ago.

lewisgone

Triggers of any kind along with HDMI out would mean I would probably end up buying/importing this. My Vita's splotchy screen and awkward start/select buttons were annoying me, but not enough to justify the 2000. With these extra features though I'll be happy to ditch my current model.

Top Bottom