• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV "greatest contributor", fastest-selling FF (6 million)

But but but but... NeoGaf told me that this game bombed

risox.gif

They were misinformed I suppose.

Geg

Glad for it and Tabata's team. It's not my favorite FF game or even in my top 5 but I enjoyed my time with it and I'm looking forward to the remaining DLC episodes

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

DC1

Now you gotta give us that FFXV-2...

Yeah I know what people will say about the story but yeah give us that.
I would love a game centered around 40 year olds.

#keepmydemographicrelevant
not a think..but wish it was

johnny956

Didn't realize that many people hated FFXV. First final fantasy I've beaten since X. Might end up getting the season pass now

final-fantasy-xv-final-boss-ending-secret-scene.jpg

That feeling when you go through a decade of development hell and have people question if you're even still relevant yet in the end become the fastest selling FF game to 6 million.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
But but but but... NeoGaf told me that this game bombed

risox.gif

What else did GAF tell you, that we're all a single hivemind entity with a singular opinion?

FOH with that "But but GAF told me" shit

Wouldn't be a FF thread without a healthy dose of salt!

I don't mean to turn threads into saltfests, but my opinion is based on 20 yrs of playing FF so I think it has some merit. And I enjoyed XIII and criticized the naysayers back then, so I guess the tables have been turned.

I'm happy some people enjoy it, but sad that it's encouraging SE in this... direction.

Toth

Do people understand now why SE wants to keep improving the game? they are proud of the game but want it to be even better.

My 150 hr game clock says otherwise. Last good one was X.

Unnumbered it would be Crystal Bearers on Wii.

Length of play does not equal quality. I've spent 140 hrs on FFXV, doesn't mean I've enjoyed it nearly as much as the 110 hrs I spent on XIII, which also had ~500% more story content to it and characters that actually developed with moments that actually made me feel feelings.

Most of my 140 hrs in XV were probably spent finding frogs or something. #gameplay

True Fire

Great, now patch in the second half of the game and we're good to go

Is it safe to assume they will use the same engine and large world map size for the next title?

XV's world size was pointless. It was just gas stations and a couple of pit stops. They're better off doing dungeon style travel, like Tales Of (but not shitty).

Despite its flaws, FF XV is a very good game that deserves praise for not staying as the ghost of FF XIII Versus and becoming an RPG that everyone can enjoy.
I enjoyed the game a lot despite some of its issues and I look forward to more updates that they promised, such as bringing more of the cut story content for all of us who want to know more.
Congrats SE

Koozek

Length of play does not equal quality. I've spent 140 hrs on FFXV, doesn't mean I've enjoyed it nearly as much as the 110 hrs I spent on XIII, which also had ~500% more story content to it and characters that actually developed with moments that actually made me feel feelings.

Most of my 140 hrs in XV were probably spent finding frogs or something. #gameplay
finding frogs > walking hallways

That sucks. Terrible game, bad MMOesque quest design. Could learn something from [good] open world games and I know it won't. And then there's the story... I'd take a linear game with a story over what we got.

Top Bottom