• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Costume for FFXIV:ARR

raven777

Was this announced in front of an audience? I wonder what their reaction was.

My desire to play this game just went through the floor. God. s_s

If I didn't want the artbook that much, I'd have cancelled my pre-order. How can they not get that people are getting tired of Lightning.

it was, and the crowd cheered. But they cheered at everything.

Much better design than whatever popstar sludge FFXV is lol.

How can you call this

FFXV-Cast.jpg

popstar sludge

As opposed to this

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Lightning is in there to crosspromote various things of the franchise. XIII is the most recent one so it being in there isn't the most surprising thing in the world. I do think there are better characters to choose from the entire franchise though..

Was this announced in front of an audience? I wonder what their reaction was.

My desire to play this game just went through the floor. God. s_s

If I didn't want the artbook that much, I'd have cancelled my pre-order. How can they not get that people are getting tired of Lightning.

LOL. Because of a costume?

dramatis

Is Fang's spear being used as a caster staff/wand instead? That's weird. I thought Snow's crystal clubber and Vanille's tree branch were going to be the magic weapons.

And yet, there were people yesterday who preordered LR for a Cloud costume.

Parfait

How can you call this

popstar sludge

Looks like a nu-age boy band to me.

The literal hate and crying over the little addition of a quest and some costumes, that people want to drop their preorders and are crying that the game is ruined is fucking hilarious.

Whompa

I'm more talking about the fact that it's 5 white dudes of approximately the same age, not their clothes.

"Offensive" may be the wrong word. Make that "boring".

Childhood friends, who live under the same kingdom, who hang in a group, are probably around the same age. What a shocker...

Durante

XIII has a token black guy in it and that's called variety? Ch..
It has an older black dude, a young boy, a normal-game-age white dude, two girls and two women.

FFXV, at least in that image, has 5 normal-game-age white dudes.

Childhood friends, who live under the same kingdom, who hang in a group, are probably around the same age. What a shocker...
I didn't call it "a shocker", I called it "boring".

Kyon

Banned
It has an older black dude, a young boy, a normal-game-age white dude, two girls and two women.

FFXV, at least in that image, has 5 normal-game-age white dudes.

I didn't call it "a shocker", I called it "boring".

There are woman in XV.

Hedge

Because - as far as I understand - they're adding a quest with Lightning in the XIV universe. The character. They're basically merging two universes together that has nothing to do with each other. I don't mind references, nor do I mind hints to each other. As long as the hints are contained within their own lore. But they're actually bringing the character Lightning to Eorzia.

So no, not because of a costume, but because they don't even respect their own lore. And honestly, that just breaks my desire to play the game. I play it for the story, and waving a big banner saying "HELLO I'M JUST PASSING BY HERE TAKE MY OUTFIT" really shatters any illusion of a cohesive world for me. If it doesn't for you, then that's fine. For me it does, though.

I'm more talking about the fact that it's 5 white dudes of approximately the same age, not their clothes.

"Offensive" may be the wrong word. Make that "boring".

Ah, boring I understand. :)

kick51

Banned
How can you call this

popstar sludge

As opposed to this

ATTENTION FINAL FANTASY FANS

They both are extremely overdone and tacky as fuck. They're both so bad it doesn't matter which one is better than the other. This is not "cool." This is like an otaku watched a few designer fashion shows and dressed his shitty characters in those clothes.

Silky

Banned
But you called it popstar sludge. I'm asking how XV is anymore popstar sludge than XIII.

Prompto and Noctis and the guy in the glasses looks like the same generic male heartthrob crap that SE's been pushing since VII. Granted XIII is guilty of that with Hope and Noel. Compare that screenshot posted with the one of XIII. With XIII, you have three females that are actually interesting (Vanille is stupid, I'm sorry.), a black guy who isn't that much of a stereotype (yes he has the chocobo in his head), and a male who isn't, as I said before, generic male heartthrob crap. The only blemish in XIII's roster is Hope.

XV's cast just does /not/ appeal to me, and I think it's popstar sludge.

Top Bottom