• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Futurism] "Gizmodo and Kotaku Staff Furious After Owner Announces Move to AI Content"

simpatico

The joke is on anyone that thinks that AI can't do their job as well as them already with the right prompts.

AI will displace and replace at least 50% of the worlds workforce in the next decade and we will have a global unrest the likes we've never seen before and it's a scary thought.

I suspect UBI will become an absolute must, as most businesses will collapse / are becoming redundant, if not already happening.

The pace of progression in AI should scare everyone.
It's only going to effect laptop operators.

AI is super biased right now (I break chat gpt a few times) so a left leaning AI is going to put out of work those radical leftys activist who cosplay journalism, i cant be more happy

"How buying Resident Evil 4 lowkey exposes your transphobic inner colonizing hate monger"

AI can absolutely pull this off.

You Got This Go Get Em GIF by Shalita Grant

LoveCake

Where is the Ai going to get the info/data from? It is not like writing a story, this is going to be basically news, I am not sure how Ai will be able to handle this.

Blendernaut

Neo Member
Its a tool (a very potentially powerful one) that's still in its infancy, society will need to learn to use it properly and for what its good at and what its not.. You sound like silent film actors when the talkies came around "its the ruining the art, its crap, it needs to die".

Did you also take issue with the internet when it turned up and disrupted tons of everyday norms? Did the coming of digital creation tools like photoshop and illustrator make you scream out "they are crap and disrespectful to us REAL artist"? You don't want to be lumped in with those people, the type that can't ever change and see any new disruptive tool as something to be hated because you and the world don't yet know how to utilize it.
Everyone says "its just a tool" without actually knowing about the topic. AI as it is right now LITERALLY steals art from their creators and creates kind of "collages" with them. Who gives the original creators credit? Noone. AI art generators wouldnt exist without those original art pieces. So, please, do not tell me "its just a tool". Its a tool, yes, and a very powerful one. And I will be using it for sure. But the way it is being used and implemented nowadays IS F****** CRAP and thats not an opinion. Its a fact. Is completely unfair to, yes, let me say it, REAL artists. For several reasons. Artists DO HAVE good reasons to be feeling sick about this, and its not about loosing their jobs. There is a lot more to it. And its annoying that people keep thinking that's only artists complaining because they are going to be fired. ITS NOT THAT! It has nothing to do with that. There are many many reasons why we feel annoyed about this and it has nothing to do with loosing jobs.

And here we go again with the "photoshop" and "digital tools" topic. If you want to make good art pieces using photoshop or any digital tools, such as Krita, or 3d stuff such as Blender or Unreal (thats my case) you need to think not only about the concept idea, but also put your creative and artistic skills to work: composition, couloiring, proportions, technical skills and knowloedge, drawing skills, everything, and not only a freaking text prompt. Doing art in photoshop or any digital tool needs an INMENSE human input, no matter if they are digital. Writing some ridiculous prompts is a super small human input in comparison. Ridiculous.

When someone created a "real painting" in the past, yes, he/she was painting it using tools that exist in the real world. But it was basically the same than we do using digital tools. There are some differences, of course, and of course some things got easier (saving files, layers, etc). But you have to draw the same. You have to colour the same. You must have a good hand. You must know how to draw correct proportions, how to represent light and shapes. Only your frame is digital instead of physical.

So stop doing that comparison that everyone keeps doing, cuz for us artists its just a non-valid argument. The comparison doesnt hold up.

wipeout364

It’s probably just a psy op for the owners to smoke out who are the troublemakers and problematic employees.

Using AI for this is at the current stage is probably a bit of a copyright risk, but maybe not.

Synless

Everyone says "its just a tool" without actually knowing about the topic. AI as it is right now LITERALLY steals art from their creators and creates kind of "collages" with them. Who gives the original creators credit? Noone. AI art generators wouldnt exist without those original art pieces. So, please, do not tell me "its just a tool". Its a tool, yes, and a very powerful one. And I will be using it for sure. But the way it is being used and implemented nowadays IS F****** CRAP and thats not an opinion. Its a fact. Is completely unfair to, yes, let me say it, REAL artists. For several reasons. Artists DO HAVE good reasons to be feeling sick about this, and its not about loosing their jobs. There is a lot more to it. And its annoying that people keep thinking that's only artists complaining because they are going to be fired. ITS NOT THAT! It has nothing to do with that. There are many many reasons why we feel annoyed about this and it has nothing to do with loosing jobs.

And here we go again with the "photoshop" and "digital tools" topic. If you want to make good art pieces using photoshop or any digital tools, such as Krita, or 3d stuff such as Blender or Unreal (thats my case) you need to think not only about the concept idea, but also put your creative and artistic skills to work: composition, couloiring, proportions, technical skills and knowloedge, drawing skills, everything, and not only a freaking text prompt. Doing art in photoshop or any digital tool needs an INMENSE human input, no matter if they are digital. Writing some ridiculous prompts is a super small human input in comparison. Ridiculous.

When someone created a "real painting" in the past, yes, he/she was painting it using tools that exist in the real world. But it was basically the same than we do using digital tools. There are some differences, of course, and of course some things got easier (saving files, layers, etc). But you have to draw the same. You have to colour the same. You must have a good hand. You must know how to draw correct proportions, how to represent light and shapes. Only your frame is digital instead of physical.

So stop doing that comparison that everyone keeps doing, cuz for us artists its just a non-valid argument. The comparison doesnt hold up.
Hot take: If you take pieces of art, inspirational or not to make art, it’s new and original. It’s only theft when it’s 1:1 duplicate. Artists use techniques, imagery, inspiration, interpretation, etc from other people’s work every time they create something, subconsciously or not.

StereoVsn

The shocking news for me is that Kotaku is NOT made by bots all those years already.
You mean people were paid to write THAT?
I mean at the end this is a bad thing, however much I dislike Kotaku now days. More writers being replaced by ChatBots sucks. CNET pulled the same thing recently.

mhirano

I mean at the end this is a bad thing, however much I dislike Kotaku now days. More writers being replaced by ChatBots sucks. CNET pulled the same thing recently.
If you, the ‘journalist’, writes such low effort clicky baity stuff that could easily be replicated by an AI, maybe that is your fault…
AI is still miles away from replacing true journalists.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Ai has so much to teach us lesser “humans”….

Atomic Physics and I shall not have the same problem with a separate section for a very long long way. Nuclear weapons will not have to come out the same day after a long time of the year he added the two sides will have the two leaders to take the same way to bring up to their long ways of the same as they will have been a good place for a good time at home the united front and she is a great place for a good time. The atoms of a better universe will have the right for the same as you are the way we shall have to be a great place for a great time to enjoy the day you are a wonderful person to your great time to take the fun and take a great time and enjoy the great day you will be a wonderful time for your parents and kids. Molecular diagnostics will have been available for the rest by a single day and a good day to the rest have a wonderful time and aggravation for the rest day at home time for the two of us will have a great place for the rest to be great for you tomorrow and tomorrow after all and I am a very happy boy to the great day and I hope he is wonderful. Nevertheless I have to go back home to nuclear power to the united way she is to be the first woman united to work on their own and the rest will be the same way as she will have to come back to work and we are still not the way we shall have the united side and we are not the same way she is the way she said the same as she was a good time. Physics are great but the way it does it makes you want a good book and I will pick it to the same time I am just a little more than I can play for later and then it is very very good for a good game. Nuclear energy is not a nuclear nuclear power to the nuclear nuclear program he added and the nuclear nuclear program is a good united state of the nuclear nuclear power program and the united way nuclear nuclear program nuclear. Scientist and I have been very good to me today I hope I have to work on tomorrow after work today so far but I'm still going for tomorrow night at work today but I'm not going home said I am a good friend and a great time for the rest I have been doing. Physics are great but the same as you have been able and the same way to get the rest to your parents. Atoms for a play of the same as you can do with a great time to take the rest to your parents or you will be nucleus a great time for a great place. Power is not a great place for a good time

Top Bottom