• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Futurism] "Gizmodo and Kotaku Staff Furious After Owner Announces Move to AI Content"

Bartski

Gold Member
Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Reading couldn't be more important if your a creator. The more you know, the more varied your portfolio. Regardless what medium. AI will never be as interesting without human input.

Last edited:
They should be fucking worried:
Write me a 300 word article on how Final Fantasy 16 is the enemy of diversity and intersectional feminism:
Conclusion: While it is crucial to scrutinize the representation of diverse groups in video games, it is important to approach these discussions with fairness and understanding. Final Fantasy 16 may have areas where it falls short, but it also offers diverse supporting characters and compelling narratives that explore various themes. By engaging in constructive conversations with developers, players can influence future improvements and foster a gaming landscape that embraces diversity and intersectional feminism.

"Approaching discussion with fairness"?!? "Understanding"?!?

We absolutely should not tolerate such violent speech from AI.

I'm literally shaking.

phant0m

Does AI also have hard bias towards criticizing everything that doesn’t perfectly conform to “woke” idealism?

No?

Last edited:
I don’t disagree, but “learn to code” was their typical snarky remark to people who complained about the loss of established blue collar jobs, especially in the energy sector.

Now that they’re being replaced by AI, feels only fair to fling it right back at ‘em.
Lol oh hell u right, should just tweet at them, learn to code

Hudo

The laid off writers should band together and create a crowd-funded gaming site. I’d love to find out exactly how much gamers actually value their content.

I reckon most of their traffic comes from their clickbait headlines showing up in people’s news feeds, search results, content aggregators, etc. And even their true fans sure as hell don’t find it valuable enough to pay for it with their own money.
I suspect the same. They might make more money by just being Twitch streams, I reckon.

Braag

Kotaku mainly publishes articles where they are enraged at something no one else is even thinking about, in hopes to stir up drama and clicks. I'm sure an AI could do that as adequately.

Nydius

Kotaku was great like 10 years ago, now it is mostly insufferable.
More than 10 years ago, maybe. They were insufferable a decade ago because they were right there leading the “gamers who dislike the Mass Effect 3 ending are entitled and don’t understand game dev” charge.

They carried buckets of water for BioWare while attacking their audience, calling gamers stupid and entitled — an argument they still use to this day to hand wave away criticisms of games.

tygertrip

Inevitable really. Media sites like these have been creating content for algorithms for years, hoping to catch a mention from Google-Senpai.

Captialism baby - if the prime objective is to make money, pretty soon everything else is irrelevant.
The prime objective of a business is to make a profit. This has always been the case. But not every organization is a business.

Drew1440

Didn't this happen with another outlet? Buzzfeed I think it was. Can't say I felt sorry for them.

AI is increasing in power and scope at a rapid pace and just yesterday the White House supported research into geoengineering projects that would block or limit the the sun’s rays to combat climate change.

Did these people not watch the Matrix?
Wasn't that a Simpson's episode where Mr Burns blocks out the sun over Springfield?

tygertrip

Like digital distribution should have cut the cost for publishers AND gamers? ;D
Heck, I remember back when CD-ROM took over from cartridges, drastically lowering the production costs, anticipating some of the savings would be passed on to us… Heh, never happened! TBF, I was still in my 20s, so I was still naive. The cost will be what the market can bear, and not a penny less (which is what I would charge also).
Edit: Typo

Last edited:
  • Treasure
Reactions: Fuz

MikeM

HAHAHAHAHAHA eat shit Kotaku writers. AI can crap out formulaic rage-bait fluff better than you. Time to get a real job that actually creates something of value and provides some benefit to society.
AI is coming for a low of jobs, regardless of skill sets.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Inevitable really. Media sites like these have been creating content for algorithms for years, hoping to catch a mention from Google-Senpai.

Captialism baby - if the prime objective is to make money, pretty soon everything else is irrelevant.

These web content AI bots are replacing people who look at real news sites and press releases and reword them a bit, maybe throwing in some SJW stuff to rile people up. The fact is, sites that do this (which is most of them) have absolutely no reason to exist. We would all be better served by just going to the real sites. So the AI is just a pit stop on the road to their long overdue death.

Sites that actually generate worthwhile content, breaking news, etc. will continue to exist and in fact thrive because their content won't be pilfered by parasitic ones like Gawker.

MiguelItUp

Kotaku was pretty solid over a decade and some change ago when they were strictly video game related news (that didn't contain bizarre opinions and perspectives). But somewhere after they decided to do the whole weird click-bait-y thing writing up articles that revolve around things that aren't really issues time and time again. It's been absolutely bizarre. I'm glad I stopped giving them clicks many moons ago.

One of my coworkers from a previous job of mine would always visit them to mock those weird articles every time they came out. We'd always talk bout how stupid it all was. It felt like there were at least 1-2 (if not 3) a week that were absolutely eye rolling. I don't understand how they wrote those up, I felt embarrassed for them any time I read or heard a blurb, lol.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see what it can do for game studios! Should bring cost of development down so maybe we get those $40 games instead of $70 …

Should be net positive for gamepass too!
Lol if you think corporations would pass savings onto the consumer in this day and age.

Regardless of how wrong communist tankie scum are about their preferred economic model, they're right that American capitalism has morphed into a disgusting mercantilist monopoly of degenerates where you get imaginary money based on how much you bow to the left.

God forbid the free-market decides whether a company lives or dies...

Trilobit

Amazing, now the writing staff will have more time to create art and other creative stuff. AI truly is a gift to mankind. =]

radewagon

You know there are a lot of sites I don't go to because I don't like the content they have. I still don't want the writers at those sites to be replaced by robots. Being happy that people will lose their jobs is kind of messed up.

Top Bottom