• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jashobeam

my preorders from the tax deal + prime

Dragon's Dogma $31.99
Everybody's Golf $39.99
Yakuza Kiwami $31.99
Monster Hunter World $63.99
WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition $95.99
Naruto Ninja Storm Legacy $87.99
Dragon Ball Fighter Z $63.99
Kirby Switch $79.99
Mario + Rabbids $63.99
Evil Within 2 $63.99
Tokyo Xanadu ex Plus $51.99

I'll definitely be canceling some of those

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
...So I missed something when I was asleep.
No tax on Amazon that we were able to apply to our previous orders also.

6UfrQBgl.png

So good.

Ventara

Ugh, the more I think about it the more I wish I had jumped on this this morning. I doubt Amazon would outright cancel orders, and I would have had some good savings on things I wanted to buy.

To clarify what I said earlier: I don't think they're going to cancel any orders at this point, but it does seem likely they'll just add taxes back in to any affected orders that haven't been charged by the time they correct everything. Dunno if that'll come along with an email saying they've done so, or if it'll be silent (hopefully not silent, but unsure if they'd be required by law to tell us if it's missing taxes as opposed to a price change).

Check your credit card statements. My RAM order from earlier had no tax on it, but two other orders preparing to ship have showed up on my pre-auths and both have tax.

JDH

Just found this actually. Is it legit?

Sure is legit. I order my cards from them all the time as well as PSN currency as I've had too many problems with my credit cards and PayPal being declined by PSN. I actually found out about it by PlayStation support via chat. He was like "Google PSN cards Canada and its the first result" lol

Fularu

Banned
You don't need to change payment methods, just add a free gift note. In the few cases it won't let you do that you pick to change your shipping method and then just reconfirm whatever you already had selected.
Thief :p

Edit : My tax free PS4 Pro is "shipping today" and I was charged the taxfree amount

eyesradar

Ordered a bunch of household stuff from Amazon earlier this morning with no tax applied.

I guess I should thank these unreleased Metroid Amiibos for making me check this thread every hour lol.

iphys

Not sure what it means, but I see two temp authorizations: one for "Amazon.ca" that is the amount without tax, and another one for "Amazon.com Amazon.ca" for $0.00. Would they even be allowed to charge more to our credit card than what they have the authorizations for anyway?

N° 2048

Not sure what it means, but I see two temp authorizations: one for "Amazon.ca" that is the amount without tax, and another one for "Amazon.com Amazon.ca" for $0.00. Would they even be allowed to charge more to our credit card than what they have the authorizations for anyway?

I get those all the time. I think they just check if the card is working.

I got two from BestBuy last night from the Bayonetta amiibo showing $0.00 twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom