• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers 4 title is a spoiler for Infinity War, the phases concept might be ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulik2

Are there any rumors that Marvel might get Fantastic Four back for Phase 4/Whatever they call it? It really seems Galactus and Doom would give them another 10 years of stories easily.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
some characters are definitely being retired or killed off, that's for sure.

Avengers: Wow Can You Believe We Killed Tony Stark In The Last One Crazy, Huh?

Avenging Tony Stark (or whomever they kill off in 3)

It'll be titled The Death of Iron Man and the Avengers and will result in audiences around the world laughing so hard they rip their theaters apart from the sound levels.

The plots will be able the heroes that are left picking up the pieces and fighting Thanos without them.

Blader

I mean, they've said they have films sketched out through like 2027.

And the idea that the Avengers 4 title won't be announced until after Avengers 3 hits seems sort of ludicrous to me, honestly. I don't think that'll be the case at all.

Why? The Han Solo movie is currently filming and coming out in 13 months and it still doesn't have a full name.

I see no reason why Marvel can't sit on the title for Avengers 4 until next summer's Comic Con.

(Also, holy shit, I just realized Infinity War is a year away)

The floodgates are open.

Avengers: Captain America is Hydra Forever

Marvel's The Avengers: Hail Hydra

That just works better, let's be real. The spoiler in the title is actually that the second way to read it would be "the Avengers hail Hydra," so you know, they gotta hold that back.

Avengers: Betcha Didn't Expect Luke to Show Up?
Avengers: Nova Will Never be in the MCU
Avengers: We Bought Warner Bros lol.
Avengers:💀😱😱👽👊

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's hard to imagine an adaption of Infinity Gauntlet without Thanos going cosmic HAM and
killing half the universe.

Such an plot would require a reset to fix things, giving Marvel a chance to start the movies over fresh without technically abandoning past continuity and devaluing the whole cinematic universe marketing angle.

Kurdel

Banned
You'd think Dr. Strange literally casting a completely different Night Nurse would have put these posts to bed.

There is place for both, they aren't the same character.

It's hard to imagine an adaption of Infinity Gauntlet without Thanos going cosmic HAM and
killing half the universe.

Such an plot would require a reset to fix things, giving Marvel a chance to the movies over fresh without technically abandoning past continuity and devaluing the whole cinematic universe marketing angle.

I wonder whats left on everyone's contracts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few big names "die" in Avengers 3, only to be resurrected as a CG stand-ins at the very end of 4.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Avengers 4: Contracts Are Over, Everybody is Too Expensive, Lets Replace Them, Don't Kill Them Off, Might Need Them For Cameos.

CloudWolf

The end-credits of Avengers 3 will show Dr. Strange's workshop where Dr. Strange's new student is ordered to sweep the floors. The student turns around and is revealed to be Mickey Mouse. This of course leads into...

Avengers 4: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

KingV

Prediction: the end of the movie has somebody recreate the world with the infinity gauntlet, which will explain why different actors are playing certain characters.

I think this is the right move. Well, mostly. The right move would be to take a 4-5 year hiatus from the Marvel films after Avengers 4, and THEN do a soft reboot. But that won't be happening.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Also, at this point I have to think Feige and crew are not really happy with lots of characters being tied up by TV and unavailable for movies. It's probably inevitable that some kind of reset will happen to allow for new versions of Daredevil, Kingpin, The Punisher, or Ghost Rider in the movies.

Unless something dramatic happens for the relationship between Marvel movies and TV.

Kurdel

Banned
Seeing these movies were previously a two part movie, I don't think we will see New Avengers or something new out of A4.

I think Thanos and his black order will end A3 sitting on a throne with the full gauntlet and he will have taken over the Earth.

A4 will be the resistance under a despotic Thanos God emperor.

So I say it will be "Avengers Adam's quest"

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Recent comments that Phase 3 is the end of the current universe make me think that Avengers 3 Pt. 2 is going to have some major shakeups. They'll kill off quite a few characters and others are likely going to retire with new ones taking the mantle of existing heroes.

SpaceWolf

Banned
These are the two best guesses, I'm thinking.

And if it is Ultimatum, how much you wanna bet the next series builds to "The Ultimates"

(obviously in-name-only, like most Marvel Studios adaptations)

Why on earth would Marvel Studios entitle the one film that is supposed to serve as the culmination of what their entire cinematic universe has been building to since its inception after one of the most universally reviled comic book events of all time?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Why on earth would Marvel Studios entitle the one film that is supposed to serve as the culmination of what their entire cinematic universe has been building to since its inception after one of the most universally reviled comic book events of all time?
I mean, people hated Age of Ultron and Civil War in the comics but they still named them after those. The funny part is when they would say in interviews, "No, this has nothing to do with the actual comic" to calm people down.

Everyone hated Civil War in the comics too.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Infinity War ends like this:

Steve: Hey Tony, you know what would suck?
Tony: No Cap, what?
Steve: If we had some shitty Deus Ex Machina implanted among our team to get us to all go to war against each other again.
Danvers: That'll never happen, Rogers. Who would be stupid enough to have us all fight each other AGAIN?

*Always Sunny in Philadelphia theme song plays*
*title card for AVENGERS: CIVIL WAR 2 fills screen*

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Thanos gonna blow it all up. Then the one above all will pop in and say "stop it"
And in the blink of an eye the world is remade anew.

reboot, but also connected.

it's like poetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom