• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TopGear USA - Big Thread of V-8s, Burnouts, and F*** Yeahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babalu.

do you really think they would let adam drive a bugatti veyron? or any other supercar?

ya i wish they would stop with the "i won so i get to drive since they were DQ'd" but its whatever.

loving the show even though its getting a little too scripted nowadays.

ascii42

do you really think they would let adam drive a bugatti veyron? or any other supercar?

ya i wish they would stop with the "i won so i get to drive since they were DQ'd" but its whatever.

loving the show even though its getting a little too scripted nowadays.

Well, in Rut's case he legitimately did cheat, so that was fine.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to watching the first half of the season. Thought it was great. Love that the show is entirely challenge focused. Good that they realized that the other stuff just didn't fit.

Chris R

No Season 4 thread? First episode was decent (challenges were not the best outside of the tunnel but the cars were nice) and I've only watched half of tonight's episode. Set in Alaska again, wish I had known when they were here so I could have snapped a shot or two.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
No Season 4 thread? First episode was decent (challenges were not the best outside of the tunnel but the cars were nice) and I've only watched half of tonight's episode. Set in Alaska again, wish I had known when they were here so I could have snapped a shot or two.

I just got the first episode on Xbox Video. Looking forward to watching it later.

Jackson

This show sucks. But it's not the show's fault. It's the talent level of the UK show vs the USA show. It's just not fair to compare pros with minor leaguers.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This show sucks. But it's not the show's fault. It's the talent level of the UK show vs the USA show. It's just not fair to compare pros with minor leaguers.

How much have you actually watched of it? Once they tried to be less like UK version by dumping guests, etc. and focused on challenges it has been great. Their chemistry has got better and Tanner is an amazing driver. I know they are not as good as hosts as the UK guys but they are solid. Plus the show feels a bit less scripted.

blanky

I disagree because of that presence of professionality. Part of the top gear fun is the madness and silliness of it. The english guys have become so good at their thing and so produced that it just feels like a script too much. I'm sure Top Gear USA scripts their shit as well, but atleast it feels like they're goofing about. But when Jeremy and co blast a restaurant with their hovercraft it just ruins it.

lil smoke

Banned
Old news.

No one is trying to compete. Once you get over that you can actually just enjoy the show.

TGUK is great TV on earth. No one is competing with that on any level. Cars or not.

pikablu

I for one love Top Gear USA. I'm not one of those UK snobs. Glad they are back with a 4th season. Can't wait to watch.

ascii42

I guess someone should create a thread. I'm not really good at that sort of thing.

Chris R

I for one love Top Gear USA. I'm not one of those UK snobs. Glad they are back with a 4th season. Can't wait to watch.

I like both. I watch both.

And I don't think a new thread is needed, we can just use this thread and maybe get a title change to Season 3/4 :p

My wife and I both love the show. The guys have really good chemistry, challenges are usually a fun mix, and they still throw in enough super car stuff for the enthusiasts. I'm glad they dropped the interviews and stuff and just focused on the three.

Kabouter

Done. Also, second episode of S4 is great so far :D. Rutledge and Tanner, holy crap, those are some creations.

Edit: Haha, that was a great episode. Next week looks pretty fun as well. So glad Top Gear US is back.

ascii42

Ok, rally car vs. Vanquish vs. jet boat was one of the coolest ideas for a race since Top Gear UK went to Japan.

Yeah. I hadn't seen the preview for the episode so I also didn't see that coming at all.

As a fan of big American cars and the owner of one as well, next week's episode looks to be enjoyable.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I love this show, even when it has the obviously scripted moments (which are surprisingly not that frequent).

joshcryer

Sorry for the double post but this is why I love this show:

3PbGtXJ.gif

I couldn't find this thread otherwise I'd have been posting gifs this whole time, but every episode is gif-worthy. Every episode.

I didn't even gif the best part, this part made me chuckle. :)

edit: oops, holy shit, 6 mb gif, my bad

joshcryer

Great electric car episode. <3

No BS shit for entertainment other than "electric cars are pong."

Yeah, electrics are the future, so what, don't need to shit on them.

ascii42

I almost forgot. Season 5 starts tonight.

Drag racing runs in America's blood, and now Ford, Chevy and Dodge make production drag cars that anyone can buy and race on a professional level race. Two of the hosts will get the chance to compete in the Gatornationals drag race in these vehicles, but to find out which two, they must compete a series of challenges in "resto-mod" muscle cars designed to see which of them has the skills to race in the big leagues.

I almost forgot. Season 5 starts tonight.

I need to make a new banner graphic for the OP to reflect the new season. When I created this thread, I never thought this would be the OT for the series, but it looks like that is what it has become, so I'll make the appropriate changes to reflect that, unless someone wants to make a season-specific thread.

EDIT: Fuck you too, Gr1mfriend.

Kabouter

Anyone still watching this? Most recent episode was pretty spectacular, that race with the Bowler EXR S was incredible to watch, amazing racing and amazing camera work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom