• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2016 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Just getting round to starting Jon Glaser Loves Gear. Quite funny, feels a douchey Review. ☆☆☆☆

GEAR!

Deadline said:
FX Networks said today that Season 12 of quirky comedy It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the third round of Man Seeking Woman will premiere January 4 on FXX. Both hail from FX Productions.

- Showtime Offers Free Sampling Of ‘The Affair’ Season 3 Premiere
Showtime is offering the Season 3 premiere of Golden Globe-winning drama series The Affair for free ahead of its linear debut on Sunday, November 20.

The TV-14 rated version of the season three premiere is available for free now on YouTube and SHO.com and as a free video podcast on iTunes. It’s also available for free across multiple television and streaming providers’ devices, websites and applications and free On Demand channels.

In addition, immediately following the third season premiere on-air, Showtime will make the second episode available early only to subscribers starting at 11 PM ET on Showtime Anytime, its stand-alone streaming service Showtime, and at midnight on Showtime on Demand.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just started watching Chance. It's the original drama on Hulu. I'm only two episodes deep but I'm digging it. I'm a sucker for dark thrillers and Hugh Laurie, don't know why I waited this long to start watching. It's slow but uses its tension really well. There isn't a bad actor in the entire cast, they're all great.

FX, BBC Set Premiere Dates For ‘Taboo’ From Tom Hardy, Steven Knight, Ridley Scott
FX and BBC One have confirmed air dates for Taboo, the high-profile period series that stars Tom Hardy and is created by Peaky Blinders‘ Steven Knight with Hardy and his dad, Chips Hardy. The eight-part drama will debut on BBC One in the UK on January 7, followed by FX on January 10 at 10 PM Stateside. Ridley Scott, Tom Hardy and Knight are exec producers on the anticipated series that’s set in 1814.

- HBO Sets Premiere Dates For ‘Girls,’ ‘Last Week Tonight’ & New Comedy ‘Crashing’
With Lena Dunham and John Oliver making headlines with their post-election comments, HBO has set a February 12 premiere date for the sixth and final season of Girls and Season 4 of Last Week Tonight. The premium cable net also said its new Pete Holmes comedy Crashing will bow a week later on February 19.

Crashing will air between Girls and Last Week Tonight at 10:30 PM Sundays. It was created by Holmes, who stars as a stand-up comic who discovers that his wife is unfaithful, leading him to re-evaluate his life amidst the New York City comedy scene. Artie Lange, Lauren Lapkus and T.J. Miller also star in the series EP’d by Apatow and Holmes.

- Deadline: ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Premiere Date On HBO
HBO has set 9 PM Sunday, February 19 for the premiere of Big Little Lies, the anticipated seven-episode limited series created by David E. Kelley and directed by Jean-Marc Vallée (Dallas Buyer’s Club).

Based on Liane Moriarty’s bestselling book, the darkly comedic drama tells the tale of three mothers of first-graders whose seemingly perfect lives unravel to the point of murder. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgard, Laura Dern, Adam Scott, Zoe Kravitz, James Tupper and Jeffrey Nordling star. Vallée directs from scripts by Kelley. The series is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon, Bruna Papandrea, Nicole Kidman, Per Saari, David E. Kelly, Jean-Marc Vallée, Nathan Ross and Gregg Fienberg; Barbara Hall and Liane Moriarty produce.

Also of interest, sounds like they just wrapped on The Deuce. From a Michelle MacLaren interview about Westworld:
THR interview said:
What can you say about your next project, The Deuce, the new David Simon drama?

I just finished the season finale. It's fantastic. It's awesome. I did the pilot in the fall and just finished the season finale. It's amazing. Wonderful cast and fantastic scripts. I'm excited for everybody to see it, but extremely different from Westworld.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Meh. The super episodic concept, appearances by known talents playing versions of themselves, a comedy about comedians... it all feels like a web series on Funny or Die. For the sake of the show, I hope it has better jokes than that trailer demonstrates, cuz that was a big nothing for me.

There it is. I wonder why HBO has started to completely avoid January though?
Too much attention going to the bonanza of broadcast debuts and returns? I don't know. At least there's The Young Pope, but then wait, why aren't they doing double episodes on Sunday instead of splitting it up on Sundays and Mondays?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Too much attention going to the bonanza of broadcast debuts and returns? I don't know. At least there's The Young Pope, but then wait, why aren't they doing double episodes on Sunday instead of splitting it up on Sundays and Mondays?

Urk, I forgot they were doing that with The Young Pope. :/

- First trailer for Amazon's Z: The Beginning of Everything
No couple epitomized the rebellion and the glamour of the Jazz Age like F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Fitzgerald, and now the Amazon series about their tumultuous romance and life has a launch date and a new trailer. A peek at the Christina Ricci-starring Z: The Beginning of Everything can be seen above, and the 10-episode first season can all be seen in its entirety starting January 27.

- ‘The Mick’ Special Premiere To Air In All Time Zones Following January 1 NFL Doubleheader
Folks on the West Coast also will get to see the special premiere of Fox’s new comedy series The Mick, along with other time zones, immediately following the NFL doubleheader on January 1.

he premiere episode will air 8-8:30 PM ET and 5–5:30 PM PT, immediately following NFL doubleheader game coverage and The OT on Fox. The episode then will encore that same night in the Pacific time zone at 8 PM and the Mountain time zone at 7 PM. The series will make its time period premiere with an all-new episode Tuesday, January 3 (8:31-9:01 PM ET/PT).

Created/written by John Chernin and David Chernin (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) The Mick stars Sunny‘s Kaitlin Olson as Mackenzie (aka Mickey), an unapologetic degenerate, who suddenly finds herself stuck in affluent Greenwich, CT, raising her spoiled niece and nephews, Sabrina (Sofia Black-D’Elia), Chip (Thomas Barbusca) and Ben (newcomer Jack Stanton). Carla Jimenez and newcomer Scott MacArthur also co-star.

Is this the first season? For some reason I thought it was out a while back.
Yes, it's the first season. It's taken forever to get onto the air (the pilot was available in August 2015) because of studio changes and a few other things.
S1 was a surprise hit for me. Really enjoyed the tension both within the family and within the city. Looking forward to this.
I enjoyed it, as well. Supposedly the scope of the show opens up in S2, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom