• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
If you like me missed it:
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks: Official Tease (HBO)
Looks pretty damn solid.

Ah, finally! And that poster is great.
4Lf4M2T.jpg

kevin1025

Banned
April is packed with new releases that I'll be watching: Archer, Better Call Saul, Veep, Fargo, Silicon Valley, American Gods, Catastrophe...

I need to watch so much to be cleared up and ready for April, haha. But it's a good problem to have.

Super happy to have Fargo and now American Gods with premiere dates.

chadskin

Amazon’s first original German-language TV series, “You Are Wanted,” starring Matthias Schweighöfer, will launch March 17 in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

The six-episode series, which Schweighöfer produced through his Pantaleon Entertainment shingle, will stream in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide via the Amazon Prime Video service, which will offer dubbing in English, French, Italian, and Spanish as well as additional subtitles in Portuguese, Hindi and Japanese.

In “You Are Wanted,” Schweighoefer plays a hotel manager whose life is turned upside down following a mysterious hacking attack, putting him and his family in grave danger. Alexandra Maria Lara (“Rush”), Karoline Herfurth (“Fack ju Göhte”), and Tom Beck (“Einstein”) also star.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/you-are-wanted-matthias-schweighoefer-amazon-prime-1201983995/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXMo0SbwHWw (German)

Let's hope it's more like Deutschland 83 and less like Alarm für Cobra 11. :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Is anyone doing the thread for Feud? Cornballer? It premieres in 2 days!

(fuck FX for programming it on Sundays. I already have 5 1/2 hours of TV on Sunday nights!)

berzeli

Banned
I guess I can throw one up later today if no one else is working on it..

Eh, I'll throw something together so that Emerald City isn't the only OT I make this season.

I mean, I'm totally going to end up watching Feud. It's fucking designed to appeal to me on every level. It's not even fair.

Insecure will be back on HBO for S2 on July 23rd.

That'll be behind Game of Thrones. What's the other half hour going to be? Vice Principals?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Insecure will be back on HBO for S2 on July 23rd.

That'll be behind Game of Thrones. What's the other half hour going to be? Vice Principals?
Nope. It's Ballers :/ Confirmed.

I guess Vice Principals will be around in the fall.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just realized that Wednesday is starting to turn into a stacked night for my watching

Arrow
The 100
Legion
The Magicians
Jeopardy

Good thing I'm snowed in. Genre Nerd TV overdose. Now I'm happy that FX moved The Americans to Tuesday nights.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 2 of HBO's Animals premieres tonight, somehow. I hate when they decide to wait until the last minute to announce a premiere date...

I'll definitely be watching Better Call Saul and Silicon Valley.

Other than that, playing catch-up. I've heard great things about Legion so I want to give that a shot, and have been meaning to knock The Americans and Hannibal out of the backlog at some time.

Dan

Ah, cool. I didn't see it advertised or mentioned anywhere during the lead-up, so it felt super sudden.
I know I saw a promo for it before Last Week Tonight last week, but I don't think HBO does much for Animals. And with that said, I've never watched.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just when I started dropping shows and had a few shows that were ending... FLASH FLOOD OF TV

TripOpt55

Any new shows these past few months you guys think are must watches? I've tried a handful of new shows, but nothing I've really loved. Taboo and Sneaky Pete were both pretty good. I liked The Good Fight pilot, but I'm waiting for it to be over to binge it. I tried Big Little Lies. Didn't think too much of it, but I'd definitely check it out again if people think it is worth it after watching more.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Any new shows these past few months you guys think are must watches? I've tried a handful of new shows, but nothing I've really loved. Taboo and Sneaky Pete were both pretty good. I liked The Good Fight pilot, but I'm waiting for it to be over to binge it. I tried Big Little Lies. Didn't think too much of it, but I'd definitely check it out again if people think it is worth it after watching more.

Legion is really the only other must watch that I can think of. Well, maybe The Young Pope? Also, I've heard great things about Patriot, but I haven't seen it yet.

chadskin

Patriot is definitely worth checking out.

13 Reasons Why on Netflix is shaping up to be pretty good, too, based on the first six episodes I've seen thus far. A new teen drama series without vampires, zombies or wolves at last!

Grizzlyjin

*looks at avatar* iZombie comes back in 3 days. Save your energy.

I think the big must watches are coming this month. Better Call Saul, American Gods, and Fargo.

Big Little Lies hasn't changed much. The pace is still the same. You might dig Legion. It's a little too idiosyncratic at times for my tastes, but people in the OT were loving it.

Homeland is having a good season. Not sure if you watch that one.

TripOpt55

Legion is really the only other must watch that I can think of. Well, maybe The Young Pope? Also, I've heard great things about Patriot, but I haven't seen it yet.

Patriot is definitely worth checking out.

13 Reasons Why on Netflix is shaping up to be pretty good, too, based on the first six episodes I've seen thus far. A new teen drama series without vampires, zombies or wolves at last!

Cool. I haven't tried any of these yet, so I will add them to the list. Patriot was totally off my radar. That sounds good.

*looks at avatar* iZombie comes back in 3 days. Save your energy.

I think the big must watches are coming this month. Better Call Saul, American Gods, and Fargo.

Big Little Lies hasn't changed much. The pace is still the same. You might dig Legion. It's a little too idiosyncratic at times for my tastes, but people in the OT were loving it.

Homeland is having a good season. Not sure if you watch that one.

Yeah, there are a lot of big shows returning this month. iZombie, Fargo, Better Call Saul, Veep, Silicon Valley and a few others I think. I just like to keep an eye on what new shows are good. I used to watch the first episode of just about everything, but I just don't have the time anymore. So I usually ask you guys in these threads!

Gave up on Homeland a couple years ago unfortunately!

- USA Sets ‘The Sinner’ For August; Return Dates For ‘Shooter,’ ‘Suits’ & More
USA Network is gearing up for summer with premiere dates for new drama The Sinner and family game show Big Star Little Star and season premieres of Shooter, Suits, Queen of the House and Playing House.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable net will bow The Sinner, about a young mother (Jessica Biel) who commits a startling act of violence but has no idea why, at 10 PM Wednesday, August 2. Bill Pullman also stars as the detective who becomes obsessed with the woman’s buried motive. Biel also is among the exec producers.

Big Star Little Star, which pairs celebrities with their kids as they playfully test their knowledge of one another with prize money going to charity, debuts at 9 PM Wednesday, May 31. It’s produced by ITV Entertainment based on the format by 12 Yard Productions.

As for its returning series, Season 2 of drug-queenpin Queen of the South premieres at 10 PM Thursday, June 8; best-friends-as-parents drama Playing House returns for Season 3 at 11 PM Friday, June 23, with the entire season hitting VOD the following day; Season 7 of the nattily attired legal drama Suits arrives at 9 PM Wednesday, July 12, with its 100th episode airing August 30; and the sophomore season of military-sniper drama Shooter locked and loaded for 10 PM Tuesday, July 18.

Dan

"best-friends-as-parents drama Playing House returns for Season 3 at 11 PM Friday, June 23, with the entire season hitting VOD the following day"

Well, I know what I'll hopefully be doing on the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom