• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Ploughed thru Shooter as a ways of killing time while I had the flu. It has some entertaining action sequences and a couple of original ideas about sniper ambushes/kills, but ultimately, shit be very weak. Some very abrupt (and mostly unexplained) character/story developments, seems like not everything went smooth while editing it all together (like the super-sudden changes in the relationship between Memphis and her boss).

It's back to higher quality stuff for me, this was barely passable as a guilty pleasure. I see zero talk about it on GAF, that should've been a sign, heh.

DagsJT

Ploughed thru Shooter as a ways of killing time while I had the flu. It has some entertaining action sequences and a couple of original ideas about sniper ambushes/kills, but ultimately, shit be very weak. Some very abrupt (and mostly unexplained) character/story developments, seems like not everything went smooth while editing it all together (like the super-sudden changes in the relationship between Memphis and her boss).

It's back to higher quality stuff for me, this was barely passable as a guilty pleasure. I see zero talk about it on GAF, that should've been a sign, heh.

We watched about 30 mins of the first episode before turning it off.

HBO PR said:
HBO has confirmed an April debut for the new season of SILICON VALLEY, with the Emmy®-winning comedy series scheduled to kick off its ten-episode fourth season SUNDAY, APRIL 23 (10:00–10:30 p.m. ET/PT).

TripOpt55

I checked out The Missing Season 2 premiere on Starz. Really good. The first season was a very underrated show a couple years back. Been really looking forward to the new season.

This next bit may not belong in this thread, but I wanted to say it somewhere. Lately I've been really hooked on Halt and Catch Fire. I had started Season 1 in August. Thought it was okay. Ended up finishing that recently and then watched Season 2 which was a big improvement. Back in August I had the forethought to record the new season in case I liked the show enough and wanted to continue before it popped up on Netflix. Started watching that and it is my favorite season yet. The first time I have really enjoyed everyone's storylines for the season. Anyway, I went to watch Episode 7 today and apparently it is another recording of episode 6. I guess the cable info was wrong because it says Episode 7! Bummer! That has stalled my progress for the moment. Really dig the show though. Donna and Boz are my favorites. Also always think of Pete and Pete whenever I see Toby Huss.

- Comedy Central’s ‘Review’ Sets Return For Third & Final Season
Review is returning and coming to a close after its upcoming third season. Comedy Central has slotted Thursday, March 16, 10 p.m. for the premiere of the third and final season of the series that stars Andy Daly as critic Forrest MacNeil. Season 2 wrapped on October 1, 2015.

In Review, Forrest does not examine boring things like films, food or art. Instead, he reviews the most intense experiences of life itself – by living them. From the dangers of being buried alive to the thrills of joining the mile high club, Forrest fully commits to showing us what life feels like – sometimes at the expense of his safety, his family and humanity in general.

In the Season 3 premiere,
Forrest returns recharged and enthusiastic after surviving a potentially fatal bridge fall with his producer Grant.

- Teaser trailer for USA's The Sinner

It's an anthology series.
About The Sinner: The first installment of the close-ended series follows a young mother (Jessica Biel) who, when overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage, commits a startling act of violence and to her horror has no idea why. The event launches an inverted and utterly surprising crime thriller whose driving force is not the “who” or the “what” -- but the “why” -- as an investigator (Bill Pullman) finds himself obsessed with uncovering the woman's buried motive. Together they travel a harrowing journey into the depths of her psyche and the violent secrets hidden in her past.

TripOpt55

I just finished The Missing Season 2. They dropped the whole thing OnDemand on Starz this past week. Another great season. Definitely worth checking out.

Volimar

Cornballer putting in work in this thread.

nyA8v7O.gif

Trailer for season 8 of Archer

... dammit, am I going to have to start watching Archer again? I didn't know they were going for a Noir theme this year. (btw how were season 6&7? I kind of dropped off in the middle of season 5)
6&7 were decent but not quite as good as vintage Archer. The show still makes me laugh a lot, the animation is much improved from the early years, and I appreciate their repeated attempts at reinvention, but they don't always pull it off.

kevin1025

Banned
Sunday has become crazy night again once tonight's shows start. So many shows on Sundays again... I love it.

I had no idea American Crime was coming back in a couple of weeks, completely missed any word on that. Really looking forward to another season.

But April is the one I'm looking forward to the most: Better Call Saul, Handmaid's Tale, The Leftovers, Catastrophe, Veep, iZombie... and I'm super curious about Prison Break.

April is packed with new releases that I'll be watching: Archer, Better Call Saul, Veep, Fargo, Silicon Valley, American Gods, Catastrophe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom