• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'll be making threads for Black Sails, American Gods and Legion. Bound to be more, but we will see.
Nice. Glad we have coverage there. Let me know if you want a hand with any of those, though I'll probably still do the usual news posting for all of them in any case.

Must See:
Twin Peaks
Iron Fist
Archer
Arrow
Flash
Voltron
Dr. Who

50/50 - Might Watch:
Supergirl (It's starting to greatly decline)
Lethal Weapon
Training Day
Legends of Tomorrow
Into the Badlands
SHIELD

Probably dropping:
The Walking Dead

Gvitor

Star - Fox

skeptical.gif

Tohsaka

Probably just Better Call Saul, TWD and Twin Peaks. I thought Fargo was slated for Spring too but I guess not?

Schlep

Everything I assume I'll watch every episode of (bold for sure):

24: Legacy (Fox), Baskets (FX), Better Call Saul (AMC), Designated Survivor (ABC), Divided States of America (PBS), Family Guy (Fox), Frontier (Netflix), House of Cards (Netflix), Humans (AMC), Legion (FX), Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix), Love (Netflix), Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC), Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix), Master of None (Netflix), Planet Earth 2 (BBC America), Rick & Morty (Adult Swim), Sherlock (BBC/PBS), Sneaky Pete (Amazon), Taboo (FX), The Flash (The CW), The Get Down (Netflix), The Son (AMC), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix), Voltron: Legendary Defender (Netflix)

Shows I'm giving a slight chance. Possibly more shows, but these are the names I recognize:

Jeff & Some Aliens (Comedy Central), Powerless (NBC), Taken (NBC)

Here is what I might watch. This list might get shorter or larger as time goes now.
Shadowhunters
Scorpion
The Blacklist
Grimm
Hawaii Five-0
Sleepy Hollow
Taboo
Son of Zorn
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Supergirl
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow
Riverdale
Black Sails
24: Legacy
Legion
Comic Book Men
Once Upon a Time
The Last Kingdom
Victoria
Marvel's Iron Fist
Amercian Gods
Expanse

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not exactly. Variety reported the latest casting in late December and noted it was starting up in January. Calgary newspapers have also put out requests for extras over the last month.

Ah, so it might not have started yet? Interesting. Hope they get started before too long!

tim.mbp

Old
Sherlock
The Path
The Expanse
The Missing
American Crime
Better Call Saul
Dr. Who
House of Cards
Love
Master of None
The Americans
The Get Down
Top of the Lake
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Yes
Victoria
Planet Earth 2
Africa's Great Civilizations
The Handmaid's Tale
The Great War

Maybe
Sneaky Pete
Frontier
Santa Clarita Diet
Harlots
The Son

inm8num2

Thanks for another great, informative thread, Ratsky.

Returning (definitely)
The Affair - The Americans - Archer - Baskets - Better Call Saul - Billions - Homeland - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Man Seeking Woman - New Girl - Sherlock

Returning (maybe)
House of Cards - The Path

Finishing this season then likely dropping
Arrow - The Flash - Gotham - The Last Man on Earth

New (definitely)
American Gods - Legion - Taboo - Twin Peaks

New (maybe)
The Great War - The Handmaid’s Tale - Iron Fist - Lemony Snicket - The Mick - Sneaky Pete - The Son

I'm trying to cut down on the shows I watch, but that's hard to do when the new ones keep rolling in.

daffy

Banned
I can't tell if it is what you are looking for, but I use the TVShow Time app on my phone. Basically you add whatever shows you watch or are going to watch. One page has what/when stuff is coming on or back if it is further off. And the other basically has a list of shows with all the episodes you still need to watch. Like along with new stuff, I am watching Buffy and I just keep track of it on there too, so it can be old backlog type shows too. Pretty nice-looking app. It does have some social stuff, but I don't use it. The app might be worth a look to see if it is what you are looking for. Sounds like maybe you are looking for a more general guide with all shows coming on though, can't really tell.

I don't use an app, I (and many other TV-GAFers) use this website.

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/
Thank you both! I've starting using both of these!

B.K.

I had The Wall on NBC on in the background tonight because I was busy on the computer. I watched a few minutes of it here and there. How can you take a fun game like Plinko and turn it into that convoluted mess? I still don't know the rules of that game. I think they were making it up as they went.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had The Wall on NBC on in the background tonight because I was busy on the computer. I watched a few minutes of it here and there. How can you take a fun game like Plinko and turn it into that convoluted mess? I still don't know the rules of that game. I think they were making it up as they went.

GOLDCASE

Bluth54

My plans for this spring:

Sherlock
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - (Currently catching up, about 2/3rds of the way through season 3)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (usually just watch the segments on Youtube)
Colony
Gotham
Supergirl
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow
Suits
The Expanse
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (usally just watch the segments on Youtube)
Designated Survivor
Marvel's Iron Fist
iZombie
American Godz
Better Call Saul
Broadchuch
Doctor Who
House of Cards
Rick and Morty
The Americans
The Leftovers
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

berzeli

Banned
Trailers for Hulu's shows:
The Handmaid's Tale - Feminist icon Peggy Olsen and Rory Gilmore in the same show? I'm so in.
Harlots - Samantha Morton is in it, she can do no wrong.

Holy hell, Hulu has a lot of great women acting in their shows.

Also their imports are damn good;

National Treasure - The writer of this, Jack Thorne (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Last Panthers, This is England '86/'88/'90) is a damn genius.
Please Like Me - Just watch this show already, it's brilliant.

Via the Onion A|V Club, premiere dates for a few new Showtime shows:
Earlier today, Showtime president and CEO David Nevins appeared before the Television Critics Association winter press tour for the second executive session of the week. Part of the discussion revolved around the imminent arrival of two new series that were announced last spring: Guerrilla, the limited series starring Idris Elba and Freida Pinto; and I’m Dying Up Here, a one-hour drama from executive producer Jimi Carrey about the 1970s stand-up comedy scene in Los Angeles. Both shows will premiere this spring, with John Ridley’s six-part event series bowing on April 16 at 9 p.m. ET, while I’m Dying Up Here will kick off on Sunday, June 4 at 10 p.m. ET.

Guerrilla, “a love story set against the backdrop of one of the most politically explosive times in U.K. history,” will center on the counter-intelligence unit the British government formed to stamp out black activism. It also stars Denise Gough, Brandon Scott, and Penny Dreadful’s Rory Kinnear. Meanwhile, Melissa Leo leads the cast of I’m Dying Up Here as Goldie, a comedy club owner with a heart of gold behind a brassy facade. Ari Graynor, Michael Angarano, Clark Duke, Andrew Santino, Erik Griffin, RJ Cyler, Al Madrigal, and Jake Lacy will all play “competitive but close-knit comedians” who take the stage at Goldie’s club.

berzeli

Banned
ABC's When We Rise
"When We Rise” is written and created by Academy Award winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. This mini-series event chronicles the real-life personal and political struggles, set-backs and triumphs of a diverse family of LGBT men and women who helped pioneer one of the last legs of the U.S. Civil Rights movement from its turbulent infancy in the 20th century to the once unfathomable successes of today.

Also of note is that the directors list include Gus Van Sant, and Dee Rees.
The show looks decent enough, but the trailer is kind of bad

Sky Atlantic/Showtime's Guerrilla
Created by Academy Award®-winning writer John Ridley (12 Years a Slave, AMERICAN CRIME), Guerrilla follows politically active lovers Jas (Freida Pinto) and Marcus (Babou Ceesay) and their friends as the political becomes personal. Based in 1970s London, the group of activists go head-to-head with a racist police force who are dedicated to crushing them. Guerrilla explores the nature of a relationship under pressure and poses the question: what if the original Black Power movement in London had used violence?
Yet again, a kind of shoddy trailer for what is a promising show.

I'm on the second to last episode of the first season of Fargo. Assuming seasons 2 and 3 are as good as this one I'll definitely be watching those.

FX premieres:

Feud: Bette And Joan will premiere March 5 at 10 p.m. The Americans will start up March 7 at 10 p.m. on FX, while Archer shifts to FXX April 5 at 10 p.m.

Fargo S3 starting shooting last week and they're aiming for an April premiere date, as well.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Into The Badlands returns Sunday, March 19 at 10:00 PM

Better Call Saul returns for its third season Monday, April 10 at 10:00 PM

The Son will debut on on AMC and SundanceTV Saturday, April 8th with a two-hour premiere at 9:00 PM.

The ten-episode, one-hour drama will air on both networks during season one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom