• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioMutant - Announcement Trailer (from ex-Just Cause/Mad Max Devs)

Stiler

Looks like great fun to me.

So many different vehicles and things to use, a walking hand, glider wings, steamships, etc.

Also loved the walking hands "attacks."

TrutaS

This looks more like Just Cause than Horizon, which is fine, because the only bad thing about Just Cause was the uninteresting (to me) setting - which this fixes entirely.

Keasar

P6eJWkF.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn only 14 people are working on this, i feared something like this.

This looks really fun, and I'm loving the character design. It kind of reminds me of what Michael Bay would do to Conker in a way lol.

Just from a settings direction, this looks super refreshing. Like a breath of fresh air. Looks rough, yes but it's been so long (for me at least) since a game caught me this off guard with just the setting alone. I'll have to see more combat and gameplay to judge that portion of the game, but so far I'm in.

It has a really neat art style. Can't remember what it's called, similar to Borderlands games. Also seems to have some kind of grain effect.

EDIT. So, the game has at least one mech too. Lots of going on. Really, really hope that this will be good. And I hope that they release it on GOG. It it's only for Steam, won't buy it.

DrBo42

What a rollercoaster this reveal has been for me. Cool poster -> Great visuals in CG trailer -> Terrible screenshots -> Great gameplay trailer.

I'm in though, looks refreshing.

Gothos

Yea, that gameplay is quite worrying :( And let's be honest, how many games improve a lot between the first reveal and official release? 1%? :) Yea, hype deflated :<

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Please have a light tone and humor with a story that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Tovarisc

Gameplay overall is looking interesting and game looks nice in motion. Certainly needs polish here and there, but very promising from small team.

Edit: What makes people so worried? That 4 second boat clip where rotor wasn't animated yet? Other than that I didn't notice any glaring issues

Hrm, that gameplay looked a little bit on the rough side, unfortunately. They've got some time to improve and for such a modest number of workers it's impressive still, but I could use a little more convincing.

I dunno, looks pretty janky to me.

The jank could end up being part of the charm?

For a studio of just 14 people it looks pretty impressive, but I would be concerned by ambition of the game based on the scope and the actual size of the team involved.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Gameplay overall is looking interesting and game looks nice in motion. Certainly needs polish here and there, but very promising from small team.

Edit: What makes people so worried? That 4 second boat clip where rotor wasn't animated yet? Other than that I didn't notice any glaring issues
What GAF see
&#10003; Not AAA
&#10003; Raccoon
&#10003; LOL 14 DEVS
&#10003; Poor boat/water sequence

What I see
&#10003; Red Panda
&#10003; Unique world and character by small dev team
&#10003; Seems to require some finishing touches

zoukka

The jank could end up being part of the charm?

For a studio of just 14 people it looks pretty impressive, but I would be concerned by ambition of the game based on the scope and the actual size of the team involved.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Yeah it's an impressive game for the team size. It all comes down to how they market this and what's the price I guess.

DemWalls

I have to say, this. I barely see any "jank" or roughness -
and I tend to be nitpicky about such things, although they don't bother me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For a game that is in development with a team of just over a dozen people that gameplay looks pretty good to me. People complain about jank but its like calling something cringey or boring. Its a non descriptive descriptor to just say,"I don't like this." but I'm getting off topic.

Akainu

A bunch of vehicles and slow meh looking combat. No wonder there were so many cuts during it.

Top Bottom