• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long have you been out of the CoD game? Are you ready to jump back in?

It's been off and on. Last one I played was Advanced Warfare, but couldn't really get in to it. Before that, Black Ops 2 and had the exact same experience. Before that, MW2 which I loved though not as much as MW1.

Really can't get excited about a WW2 CoD nowadays. I might be permanently burned out from the oversaturation of last time lol. I'm more likely to pick up Infinite on the super cheap just to play the campaign.

alemmon

I buy them every year and my time with them significantly shrinks every year. I think I have sunk more time in to Modern Warfare Remastered than the last 3 Call of Duty's combined (still not that much time). I am looking forward to this one though...

I gave MW2 a shot back when it came out and I liked it for what it was. Bought BO1 the day it came out but got bored of it less than a month after launch since it was so similar and also had too many exploits.

I've had absolutely no desire to return to this franchise.

mhanna49

Neo Member
I stopped playing after disliking Call of Duty Ghosts and just being fed up with the spawn and die MP nonsense that has become too fast paced for me. I prefer playing Battlefield and I am also playing Insurgency, Day of Infamy, Red Orchestra 2, and Arma III on PC now. I played my brothers copy of Advanced Warfare when visiting a couple times and thought it was OK but seemed even faster paced than previous games so I did not buy it.

old

Advanced warfighter.

I'll only come back if they get rid of the air dashing and crouch dashing bullshit.

Bolivar687

Banned
I haven't skipped the last few games but my play time did go down to the point where it's essentially non-existent soon after launch. This is probably my first skip. I actually like Sledgehammer and the return to WWII vibe, I just expect the multiplayer to be cookie cutter 3-lane, flat, small-medium maps, with poor netcode and inconsistent hit detection.

After literally thousands of hours invested in COD competitively and several well over 400 win streaks with my team... I slowly fell out of love with it because I began to see that it fostered a culture of war glorification within the community young and old. I mean, especially hearing younger and younger kids playing such a violent game and then seeing dlc and unlockable stuff that seemed to target their demographic, much like CSGO. It was especially disheartening that it seemed like it really did desensitize people toward war and it's horrors and the sacrifices that where made and the lives that where lost. Like, the value of a life just slowly started to lose it's meaning or something and war became some thing that was cool. That just didn't sit right with me.

Anyway. I still enjoy some fps' but am a lot more picky about how much I support them if I see the same trend.

Don't know if I will ever jump back in to COD. If I do, and the culture hasn't changed, it will just be for the single player story.

BriGuy

I got the Kevin Spacey one for free with a buy 2 get 1 free offer. Haven't played it yet and probably won't. I got tired of the CoD bro scene after Black Ops.

-MD-

I stopped buying them after CoD4, I think that was in 2007? but I played a little World at War and Black Ops since my younger brother was into it at the time and he picked those up.

Just a really bland series, it does nothing for me anymore. I don't think I'll ever play another one.

Ion Guru

Last CoD I played more than an hour was Modern Warfare 3. It really turned me off the series quite a bit, though I liked Black Ops 1. I bought Ghosts when I got my Xbox One, but that was mainly because I was looking for new things to play and I dropped it after an hour. I'm willing to take a look at CoD WWII, but they'd really have to go back to the other formula of MW1, MW2, and Blops 1 for me to consider it seriously.

eFKac

Haven't played a CoD since WaW, skipped all non WW2 ones, just not interested in that setting.

Beyond excited for this one. Mostly for the SP campaign, very high hopes for that. But if the MP is good, slower paced and grounded I may stick around for it as well.

hydruxo

Since Advanced Warfare, which I traded in a week after release. Skipped Ghosts, BO3, and IW.

Before that, I used to buy every CoD every year and play it extensively. I think I've just grown out of it for the most part. The exo suits / jetpacks are a large reason why I stopped though. I just found it too chaotic, with people jumping around and shit. That's just not my type of gameplay. I prefer boots on the ground so I'm intrigued with WW2 and them dialing things back a bit.

Black Ops 2 was my last, looking forward to the new one if they don't ruin the multiplayer.

Just in time for the Scorpion too!

Raide

CoD4. Loved the SP and MP.
WaW just because of Zombies.

Jumped in for little bits of the later CoDs but the twitch arena shooter stuff bores me to tears. Much prefer objective based shooters where i can play a role that is not headless chicken.

Gowans

I ran out around Blops time, loved the games so much too, just had to much and every year killed it.

Ready to jump back with ww2 tho.

The last CoD I played was MW3. I just wanted to finish off the Modern Warfare trilogy before giving up completely, so only played the SP on that. WW2 is the first CoD I've been interested in since then, but I'll have to see how the game looks as ofc it's way too early too tell whether the game will be worth getting

laxu

Multiplayer I haven't played since MW and singleplayer not since AW. Have very little interest in the series as I feel that they don't really advance as games.

StereoVsn

I haven't played CoD for a long time but got into the SP campaign with IW Legacy bundle. I actually quite liked both IW and coming back to COD4. I don't do COD MP though and WW2 campaign is not going to be as engaging i think.

stay gold

I've played them all (mp anyway) but they've gotten so fucking stupid with the jet packs, wall running, payloads etc. WW2 is not my favourite setting but I'm in for a botg CoD.

TransTrender

Gold Member
How long have you been out of the CoD game?
Since Call of Duty II - Electric Boogaloo in 2005

Are you ready to jump back in?
Hell no.
The last of these games (BF/COD) I liked was Bad Company 2 and with the way they push unlocks, P2W, and DLC packs I'll never pick one up until they're gone or the mechanics change.

tci

Since Black Ops 2. Uninstalled the game when I started the shitty top down mission.

Not going to say anything about being back or not until after release. Not really a sucker for the hype machine anymore. Though I am more interested in the WW2 setting than the futuristic one.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Played through 1 and United Offensive, tried 2 but didn't finish it and I don't think I want to play Call of Duty ever again.

Never.

I dabbled in around MW2 and BLOPS1. But I'm not a military FPS nor Multiplayer guy.

I will give MW1 Remaster a try when they release it seperately.

Rolodzeo

I've played MW2 last year. It was fun. Not really into fps right now, I have *so* much more to play in my backlog that I really couldn't care less about annualized series.

Black Ops 1 was my last COD game. I really enjoyed MW2, but BO felt too samey, the campaign had too much hand-holding, and I could see from a mile away that the map pack model was going to make the games a money pit every year. Haven't touched one since and felt like I didn't miss a thing.

WWII has me interested if done correctly. A solid COD 2 style campaign with none of the MP nonsense from the last few titles and I will definitely consider it.

TissueBox

I've kept up with all of 'em except Ghosts I think.

BO3 in particular was pretty great.

The return to WWII does not excite me but I'll pro'lly check it out eventually.

I've been out for years. I think the last one I played was the one before Ghosts. Possibly even the one before that one. Amazingly, the appeal of the franchise has gotten even worse for me ever since then. It has progressively gotten worse and worse.

With that said, my favorite CoD ever is World at War, so needless to say I am pumped for WWII.

CoD 2 was the only CoD game I was REALLY into. Modern Warfare was really cool and did a lot of new things but after that I was out. Tried black ops and thought it was ok. Played a little of all of them but only really liked CoD 2 and 4.

Im definitely going back to CoD for WWII. May even pre-order soon.

Falchion

I've gotten them all for the past decade but I'm definitely excited about a change of pace. Maybe Sledgehammer can do the historical stuff and Infinity Ward can give us another Infinite Warfare in 2 more years which would be fantastic.

I played some AW mostly because of friends, but I got bored several games ago, Black Ops maybe? COD may have killed my interest in future FPSs honestly.

I'm good with skipping most of them indefinitely.

I was pretty much done after MW3. The series has just become even more stale and bad since. I've got Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch now. Never going back.

Eylos

Banned
I'm out since blops 2 (i hated It)

I want to Go back with infinite i heard that the story is good, I Will wait for a good Sale, since i play mostly only the single player.

I Will not purchase ww2, the story looks generic/cliche.

Top Bottom