• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long have you been out of the CoD game? Are you ready to jump back in?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've played them all apart from the last one, it just looked so generic and frankly dog shit, plus I was playing Overwatch at the time. I'm pretty much done with the series.

Accoun

Not sure what counts. I've been out since COD2, but I've bought MW2 for Spec Ops last year and played through the campaign.
Didn't like it that much, overall.

I'm still cautious about it, but no health regen makes me happy. Probably will jump in at a lower price point, just to be safe.

I bought Black Ops 3, my first CoD since Black Ops 1.

For what it's worth, I played it for 50 hours and enjoyed it more than any CoD since Modern Warfare.

Gator86

I was pretty much done after MW3. The series has just become even more stale and bad since. I've got Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch now. Never going back.

MW3 is where I jumped out too. I played it for an incredibly short period of time then realized it was stale as fuck. It's been more than half a decade since and the series isn't any better, so you can imagine how stale it is now.

As with any CoD, the absolute ceiling is a rental for the story mode. I'll probably just pre-order/cancel for a my yearly beta code to remind me why COD has been dead for half a dozen years. The IW MP was absolute dogshit. Genuinely no idea how people are playing that over any other popular MP option these days.

I think MW2 might have been my last one before I took a break. I played every one up until then starting with CoD2 back when the 360 launched. I jumped back with Black Ops 3 mostly for Zombies, but I rather enjoyed the MP and put a good chunk of time into it.

Lurk

Banned
Not sure what counts. I've been out since COD2, but I've bought MW2 for Spec Ops last year and played through the campaign.
Didn't like it that much, overall.

I'm still cautious about it, but no health regen makes me happy. Probably will jump in at a lower price point, just to be safe.

You missed the best multiplayer of any COD ever. My condolences

Played all mainline CoDs at launch and liked them all except CoD3. WWII might be the first I skip or play later for a lower price because I like modern/future CoD more than WW2.

I played UO and COD2 religiously during college (played in a clan, did TWL, CAL ladders and all that jazz). COD4 was a great game but the lack of CTF and bolt-action rifles kind of killed my interest after a while since that was always my forte. Around the same time, my gaming pc started to crap out and I was getting out of college so I just sort of ended my relationship with PC gaming. I tried COD4 on the 360 but my lack of ability compared to what I once had just hurt my soul. I'm kind of interested in checking this one out, but mainly just for single player as I am older now and sort of over competitive multiplayer.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not long. But I've been a campaign only guy since MW3 really...

Played Ghosts campaign, never touched multi.(BF4)

Played Advanced Warfare Campaign, loved it. Dabbled in multi a few times, didnt hate or love it.

Bought Infinite Warfare, best CoD campaign since MW2.. loved it. Hated multi.

Also got MW Remastered. Amazing campaign Remaster, obviously love the Mutliplayer but haven't been able to play much because of BF1/Titanfall 2 etc. And also, it's not standalone, and none of my friends bought it...

I'll be in for WWII campaign. Hope multi is good too.

drotahorror

Infinite Warfare was the first one I skipped since the series became super popular (around MW1)).

Unless there's a beta and I love it, I won't be buying WW2. I won't buy another non-treyarch cod. I thought BO3 was great, but if treyarch continues in that direction and goes even more crazy, BO4 will be shit.

MW2 was pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. I skipped World at War and bought Black Ops 1 on a hunch but once I finished the campaign it just reaffirmed my distaste and contempt for what the series had become. CoD basically became a caricature/parody of itself after MW1.

Plus I just lost interest and grew increasingly tired and bored with the over-the-top hyper-fast extremely low time to kill OCD killstreak gadget nonsense gameplay that lacked any real innovation from game to game and always felt like a copy n' paste rehash from title to title. The whole BS micro-transactions, loot boxes and expensive season passes found in all the recent games just solidifies my opinion on the series.

It's a damn shame too, because I would honestly love to see what Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer could do if they weren't all tied ball and chain to the franchise and forced to pump out new CoD games every year.

Bakercat

The only ever Call of Duty I have owned was modern warfare 2. I mostly enjoyed the story aspect of the game with the whole America is invaded stuff. I do fondly remember the scene where
you're in the bunker and to come out about a half a mile in front of the White House fighting to take back control for it.
it was also one of the few multiplayer games that I found myself enjoying. After that I never picked up another cod game again. I am however interested in the new one about WW2 though. I never played a WW2 shooter before so it'll be nice to experience it for once.

b0bbyJ03

Since black ops 2. that was my last one. I rented Advanced warfare for the campaign and enjoyed it very much. May do the same for this but I'm not a fan of the MP. I usually play battlefield for that, and R6 as well.

Since ghosts. Haven't bought a cod game since, cause it wasn't supported on Wii u anymore. Last time I played it was like 6 months ago. Hopefully this game makes it to switch.

mas8705

Been out of the game for too long honestly that I forgot the last CoD game I played. Hell, I think I only grabbed one CoD game at the redbox just to play the zombie mode a few times before turning it back in.

Doesn't help that I never really cared about the gameplay of it and getting one shot every time I peak my head out the corner, but then you also have that whole "Kids that need to STFU" issue where even if you mute them, it still doesn't make the game any more fun.

If you like Call of Duty, all the more power to you, but every time I see Call of Duty at E3, I consider that to be my restroom break since it is the same gameplay demonstration that we have seen for many years.

Fisty

The last COD game I played, and consequently the only COD game on my trophy list, is World at War. Let's just say the likelihood of me buying COD this year is tremendously higher than it has been in almost a decade

Rocketz

I've beat them all since 4 besides Infinite. Last 2 I actually bought was AW and MW3.

I'm checked out though. The DLC model sucks and I'm not interested in a game like that.

Titanfall is a better game anyway.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Last one I bought was MW3. Which I enjoyed.

Was given AW for free and liked the campaign but hated the multiplayer. Played he betas of all the others since MW3 and didn't like them so never bought the games. They overdid the future shit. But at the same time, I'm completely and utterly uninterested in WW2.

I may jump back in when they go modern again.

Since Ghosts and WWII does nothing for me so I won't be jumping back in. I'd rather play TF2 anyways.

I do want to play the IW campaign though so I might rent IW for that. But I have no interest in any COD MP anymore

SoulClap

I haven't played any since the OG Black Ops on PS3. Game looked and ran like ass on PS3, not to mention I found it boring as hell. Haven't played a COD game since. I was going to return for Modern Warfare Remastered but quickly changed my mind when they announced that you couldn't buy it separately.

void666

Banned
The last CoD i really enjoyed was MW2. I played all the treyarch games after that. Skipped all non treyarch CoDs.

Unless it's something groundbreaking i'm not touching WWII. I'll be knee deep in destiny 2 and maybe battlefront 2.

I haven't played one since Black Ops 2, which I never finished and never will. Last one I completed was Modern Warfare 2.

Return to WW2 is a good sign. But it still likely won't be a return to former glory for the series.

Last CoD game I bought at launch was Advanced Warfare. The last one that I actively played online was probably MW2... I'm absolutely ready to jump back in based on early previews of WWII. Hoping the new multiplayer modes actually feel different.

Love what we know about campaign so far. No auto ammo or health regen sounds fantastic.

Calibos

I have bought every one of them...but my playtime has drastically dwindled since Black Ops 2(which I am currently playing again).

MW3 was better than people gave it credit for as a whole package

Ghosts was terrible through and through

Advanced Warfare had a great campaign but everything else wasn't engaging enough

Black Ops 3 was the bottom of the barrel for me

Infinite Warfare I have only played about 4 hours of...Campaign seemed better, MP was another attempt at copying Titanfall that failed.

Just my opinions.

I am looking forward to getting WW2...The trailer looks like a shot for shot Saving Private Ryan game...which could be amazing. MP looks to drop all of the movement stuff and focus on visceral gunplay...if they pull it off, it may be the best yet. Fingers crossed.

I haven't played COD since MW2 and was ready to jump back in if MW 1 was a separate release, but since it's not I will never be jumping back in.

Joe T.

Haven't touched CoD since MW3. I like the return to WWII, but I need a lot more than that to bring me back to the series.

m4st4

I will watch lots of previews for this latest one and I'll wait for reviews. It's been too long I'm afraid, not sure I care for WWII COD, or any COD, these days. Also trailer didn't hype me at all,

Last one I really put time into was MW2.

I bought MW3 used and played maybe 3 hours. Same with Ghosts.

Seen all that microtransaction shenanigans with BO3 and the fact they are using a season pass model and will split the playerbase so I'll pass on WW2.

Honestly probably won't buy a cod game again.

I have been out of the loop for like 3 games now. I was pretty excited for a WW2 game but the protagonist being American and (it looks like) focusing on the Westen theater kinda killed my enthusiasm.

I might still get it but it went from maybe day 1 to half off if it reviews well.

I am only interested in the SP anyway. I have completely moved on from the MP and I dont think anything is bringing me back to CoD. TF 2 scratches that itch so much better.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm out on multiplayer permanently. I'm strictly a single player gamer these days pretty much. This will be the first CoD game I buy on launch. The last 3 I waited until the price was $15 and under to snatch up. Before that, I skipped over a handful of installments.

World War II fascinates me to no end, so I will buy this at launch.

Since Black Ops 2, kinda.

I only liked CoD4, Black Ops 1 was okay and Black Ops 2 was good. Really disliked all the others and I haven't bought any of the recent games and I've no intention of getting back into the series. I don't like the mindless gameplay, the way guns feel or the damage model they use in game and I highly doubt any of that will change going back into a WW2 setting.

Top Bottom