• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long have you been out of the CoD game? Are you ready to jump back in?

RedRum

Banned
I can safely say that since BO2, my playing time with the series has been severely limited. It really has felt like a rinse and repeat job for awhile now, and that's been difficult to say that I really am a CoD fanatic. This November is looking good. So far they are saying the right things to pull be back into the fold 100%. It'll be interesting for sure.

What about you?

Alexm92

I haven't played a COD for more than a few hours since Black ops 2. Put hundreds of hours into nearly every COD before that

Edit: I might get WW2, ill wait for reviews

enkaisu

Banned
Since Black Ops. No plans to ever jump back in. Completely done with CoD and most military shooters in general.

AHA-Lambda

Played every SP campaign (even Blops 3 *shudder*) but gave up on MP after Blops 2

If anything this may be the year I give up on it totally as I simply have no interest in going back to ww2

Zeta Oni

Black Ops 2 was the last one I put serious time in, I played some Ghosts but nothing like how I was playing previously, and the more futuristic elements of the last 3 really put me off.

MW2 is still the record holder though, pretty sure I have 700+ hours in that game.

I've been laughing at the series since MW2. I can't even count the first Black Ops because of how silly I thought it was and so I sold it after playing it for only a couple hours.

CoD WWII has my full attention.

Bergerac

I've bought every COD but hate AW MP and am not too keen on IW MP. BO3 isn't quite as bad but ultimately I'm a Modern fan. Started with COD2 and honestly got my fill of WW2 then.

Black Ops was my last CoD I played for a decent amount of time on. I went back in with BO3 but got bored with the campaign about 2 hours in then ditched the franchise again. WWII might be offering me ropes, however...

I realized I didn't like CoD anymore with the first Black Ops. I tried giving MW3 a shot but it just wasn't for me. I haven't played CoD since.

SmartBase

I bought COD4 just after Crysis, haven't touched any of them since. Can't think of anything that would bring me back that doesn't include a new game engine and creative direction for the series.

Bumhead

Banned
Ghosts, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare are the only Call of Duty games I've never played.

Will be jumping back in for WWII.

First black ops was the last I played with any regularity and the last I bought. No interest to jump back in unless the CoD WWII stuff really blows me away (doubtful)

Van Bur3n

MW3. After the futuristic setting hit with Black Ops 2, I lost all interest. Not the kind of COD I care for. Good thing I jumped off from there because the games only got worse because of it.

Ghosts was actually my last one that I made the mistake of getting, but I like to pretend that never happened.

As for jumping back in, I don't know. The biggest thing that puts me off is Activision and whatever bullshit they'll pull off and have already pulled off. I really don't want to support them.

eizarus

Banned
Possibly. Depends on how Destiny 2 is to be honest. At the moment that's the only FPS I'm interested in this year.

Black Ops 3 was the last one I played, before that Modern Warfare 2.

I loved the mp in Blops 3.

I really want to see what the mp in CoD WWII is going to look like.

Last COD game I bought was MW2, the mp was an unbalanced, glitchy mess. Ever since then their monetization policies have gotten much more worse to the point of parody and I tried the beta of IW and hated it, felt clunky compared to Titanfall 2 and didn't have the novelty of something like Battlefield 1 or Overwatch. I'm fine skipping out again.

Mossybrew

Blops 2 on the 360 was the last one I played, haven't touched any since. Yeah, definitely planning on getting WWII though.

My last COD was Infinite Warfare, really fantastic game. Previous to that was Black Ops 2... so I skipped MW3, Ghost, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3.

Syf

Banned
Last one I bought was Ghosts, and that left a bad taste. I'm interested in the new one because WW2 CoD was great, but we'll see if they can really bring it back.

compo

Banned
I only played the first one.

I won't be picking up WW2 because there's still a lot more I don't like about the series. The biggest thing I hate is how propagandized the story mode is. It's unsettling. But I also hate all that powerup crap.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think MW3 was my last.

Played a lot of CoD4 and Black Ops, fair amount of MW2, and couldn't get into MW3.

I was always pretty garbage at the MP, K/D .8/.9 at best and often worse. I eventually just accepted that only FPS MP just isn't for me and really haven't played much since aside from things like Splatoon or Overwatch where I can contribute despite having shitty aim, reaction times and map awareness.

Since BO2. Played a little of AW and it just wasn't for me. The way CoD feels to play combined with smaller maps and infantry focus/no vehicles just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I'm interested to try the new one, though. Loved WaW.

sjay1994

AW was my last one since I was interested in Kevin Spacey (and I've only played Black ops 1 and 2 and Ghosts before it)

I'm not really wanting to get back in tbh.

Nestunt

The last one I played was MW2.

I was somewhat curious about this new entry, but that trailer did nothing for me -.-

I'll wait for impressions.

KodaRuss

Black Ops 2.

Probably not to be honest. I still dont see myself dropping Rainbow Six Siege and if the fall/holiday lineup this fall is to be believed I will be busy with RDR2, Destiny 2 and others to bother with COD again.

Hux1ey

Banned
MW2 turned me off from the series completely, I think I played Black Ops a little bit but didn't really enjoy it.

I'm ready to jump back in if they get the PC version right.

RedRum

Banned
Yeah. I played a bit of ghosts. That lasted about two weeks. AW was about a week. I sort of enjoyed BO3, but didn't play that long. Then I played the single player and about 5 matches of MP with IW and that was about all she wrote for me.

Crazy thing is that I was a Modern Warfare guy for a long time. Loved Infinity Ward and hated the others, then it slowly started to turn around to enjoying the BO's games. Then to enjoying almost none.

sugarman

The only cod i've completely skipped is Infinite Warfare. No way in hell i'm paying $100+ to get the good version.

Ghosts was by far the worst COD; I believe stores were practically giving it away for free when it didn't sell so I got it for trading in, like, NHL 13 or something completely useless.

Advanced Warfare had some underrated zombies, and BLOPS3 was alright I guess.

Top Bottom