• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

Does anyone know if save data for ARMS and Mario Kart 8 are on the cartridge or on the system/SD card? I'm thinking about trading those two in and re-buying them so I can get the 60% for four other games and the difference between the two is nominal so as to make up for it.

Thanks for the thread.
The values are with the 60% bonus applied. I don't have a pro membership.
Here's what I traded in:
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (X360) - 4.80
Lego City Undercover (WiiU) - 11.20
Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 16.00
Mad Max (PS4) - 6.40
Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - 12.80
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4) - 9.60

Grand total - 60.80
Considering that I originally bought most of the games in that list for $10 a pop, it worked out pretty well.

holtlegna

Banned
Dang I decided to get in store credit instead of cash :(. Anyone interested in in store credit I got 376 I was planning on using it to build my pc

So if I have like 4 games that I want to trade in which in totality are worth about $45.10 and I just bring in two cheap trades that are worth chump change, that'll take the whole thing up to 70% extra right? Because then I'm looking at around close to $80 and that's a hell of a deal.

Shock32

Just got $109.00 for 6 vita games and 4 PS4 games that I never touched. I paid off crash completely and left with $60 in PSN cards. I was thinking of putting money on GT sport since I'm pretty booked up with games until the end of the year.

I got Zelda Breath of the Wild on the Wii U for $51.35 including tax from Amazon (using the 20% off Prime bonus when it launched), and I just traded it in for $52.80 to Gamestop with this promotion ($33 Trade In Value with PowerUp Rewards + the extra 60%). I feel like I cheated the gods somehow.

I'm probably going to repurchase it on the Switch for Master Mode eventually.

Going back in today or tomorrow to try and hustle some trades to get an Nvidia Shield Streaming Player...The goal is as close to $200 as I can....

I need that ability to stream my Atmos and DTSX backups

Pro is only $15 for a year right? Might be worth it for me to buy that and then the extra 10% and extra $2 or so per trade will make it worth that in this sale alone

Pro is only $15 for a year right? Might be worth it for me to buy that and then the extra 10% and extra $2 or so per trade will make it worth that in this sale alone

That's what I was trying to say earlier. They can take it right out of the the credit and apply the discount simultaneously and you'll still come out on top.

Pending on what you trade in .

ngower

Debating offloading MK8. Right now I'm looking at:

Mario Gold: World Tour (never played)
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (never beat the third)
Uncharted 4 (close to the end but meh)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (never played)
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (played mild amounts)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (I'd get almost full price for it, more than I paid)

Would have about $136 which I could put towards Splatoon 2 and Zelda DLC to keep me going for now, and then maybe something for the holidays or an SNES Classic?

Debating offloading MK8. Right now I'm looking at:

Mario Gold: World Tour (never played)
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (never beat the third)
Uncharted 4 (close to the end but meh)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (never played)
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (played mild amounts)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (I'd get almost full price for it, more than I paid)

Would have about $136 which I could put towards Splatoon 2 and Zelda DLC to keep me going for now, and then maybe something for the holidays or an SNES Classic?

Blasphemy how dare you not play FFX!?

emag

Can I combine this with the 20% extra trade towards Crash bandicoot?

Bonuses never stack at GameStop, apart from the $5 coupon stacking with a percentage bonus (and the Pro 10% bonus, obviously). Percentage bonuses just overlap with each other, so you get the best single one. There might be rare exceptions here or there, but not in this case.

Ended up trading in some old games and an extra Dualshock 4 I had, got $197, bought a Xbox Elite controller and $50 steam card. Nice deal! 👍

Stencil

Got $120 for:
Alien: Isolation (PS4)
FFXV (PS4)
Splatoon (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

Traded in the Wii/U games bc I have their latest iterations (besides Splatoon but will be getting that for Switch.)

Walked out with new copies of Cave Story +, Binding of Isaac, a subscription to Game Informer (they talked me into the Pro Membership) and $50 store credit.

kc44135

Kinda pissed I just traded in $125 worth of stuff before this started.

With GameStop, you should always wait for a good deal before doing any trade-ins, since the base value they give you for stuff usually isn't great, and they also almost always have good trade-in deals during the summer too.

Anyway, I remember hearing something about being able to use GameStop credit on Amazon? Does anyone here know how that works? I would love to do that, if possible.

ryseing

Got $127 for:

MLB 16
Sleeping Dogs
SMT IV
Mad Max
ME Andromeda
Zelda Wii U

Decent all around, especially as I plan on rebuying Zelda Switch eventually.

I dont understand why you eould sell your games... i keep them
All.

I normally feel the same way, but some of it was just clutter.

cwistofu

They gave me $47.50 for Xenoblade and $34 for Fire Emblem Awakening. I got Xenoblade for $30 amd FE for like $20 lol

Also got $29 for FE Conquest when i bought it for $20.

all in all walked away with $323.21 in store credit for 21 games that I was never going to play again or double dipped on on PC.

Not sure what to do with this credit though.

All.

I played them once and never touch them again. Gamefly is a lifesaver. Yet I still have a stack of ten games from the last year that equal 300+ in credit. Games which I will never touch again. I value giving the developers money but I might as well get some back.

Here was my trade today,
Persona 5 42.50
Kh2 2.8 final 25.50
Ffxv 17
Nier Auto 34
Horizon 34
Wipeout omega 25.50
Super bomberman r 34
Mario kart 8 51
Zelda botw 51
Monster hunter gen 17
Kid Icarus uprising 15.30
World of final fantasy 15.30

$362.10 total

I used to collect games, and still have a large collection of Saturn and Dreamcast games. But the current gen stuff isn't as near and dear to me anymore. I wish I had infinite money and space to store every game I've ever had, but it's all good. Memories.

just walked out with 225.

A bunch of old wii games are still worth a lot. Mario Party 8 was $28 and the pokemon games god damn. I got 34 for soulsilver which is basically what I paid for it when it came out.

So I have 3 games that show up as N/A for trade value. Codename Steam, FlingSmash, and Links crossbow... Was trying to scrape together 6 games with filler don't care if I get nothing for them, does that mean they don't take those titles anymore anyone know?

They do. You get .04 for them.

emag

All.

61OYTQ4qZ6L._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

Okay I traded in

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (Wii)
Sonic Generations (PS3)
Sonic Collection (DS)
Scribblenaughts (3DS)
Mario and Luigi Dream Team (3DS)

Total 51.00 and all I wanted was enough for Crash. That's pretty great as most of those games I paid only a couple of bucks for.

Just came back from GameStop, traded in 28 games and got $554.25 in credit.

Walked out with a 12 month PSPlus card and the rest I'm going to put towards buying an Xbox One X (have $494 left in credit, and I'll just trade in my Xbone S to cover the rest of the cost and taxes, and hopefully at least an extra game or two). Damn that felt good.

I was actually surprised they gave me $51 for BOTW, and they gave me 5 cents for Destiny LMAO. Some of the games I got cheaper at other places, and GS actually gave me a few bucks more for some of them lol.

bastardly

300. Traded in a random assortment of shit from all the way back to the n64. It was hard letting go of some n64 titles, but most of that shit have better versions out or can easily be emulated.

I got like 25 or something for Wii Sports/ Sports Resort too, hahaha.

Pondering on getting a switch.

graywolf323

Just came back from GameStop, traded in 28 games and got $554.25 in credit.

Walked out with a 12 month PSPlus card and the rest I'm going to put towards buying an Xbox One X (have $494 left in credit, and I'll just trade in my Xbone S to cover the rest of the cost and taxes, and hopefully at least an extra game or two). Damn that felt good.

I was actually surprised they gave me $51 for BOTW, and they gave me 5 cents for Destiny LMAO. Some of the games I got cheaper at other places, and GS actually gave me a few bucks more for some of them lol.

it depends on the state but usually you don’t pay taxes when you use store credit

RGVNOE

Well, just found out that those gamestop gift cards only go up to $1000, had to spend some credit just to be able to bring the rest back in one card. Saving the rest for when the X comes out.

Wag

So I traded in 13 games, I picked up a Pro subscription for $4 (might as well) and got a Steam Wallet card for $82.

Heh. I got $8 for the 360 Banjo Kazooie pack-in.

I got $.05 for Brutal Legend. Hahahaha.

Considering I hadn't played a lot of those games for years it was a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom