• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
Well, just found out that those gamestop gift cards only go up to $1000, had to spend some credit just to be able to bring the rest back in one card. Saving the rest for when the X comes out.
They usually give you a second card with the remaining balance but it can vary.

MrDaravon

I'm as happy as anyone to shit on Gamestop, but this worked out fantastically for us. We traded in 36 games going back to Wii/DS, lots of them of middling quality, and got goddamn $380. Holy shit.

Wound up paying of Yakuza Kiwame, grabbed a $100 PSN card to pre-order the Battlefront 2 DE ($80) and have the other $250 sitting on the GS card. Was going to pre-order FF12 just to save some actual cash over my Amazon order but they're not doing pre-orders on the steelbook anymore. Other than that I'll probably just sit on the $250 for a few months for when we get a Switch, that nearly pays for it there.

Just came back from GameStop, traded in 28 games and got $554.25 in credit.

Walked out with a 12 month PSPlus card and the rest I'm going to put towards buying an Xbox One X (have $494 left in credit, and I'll just trade in my Xbone S to cover the rest of the cost and taxes, and hopefully at least an extra game or two). Damn that felt good.

I was actually surprised they gave me $51 for BOTW, and they gave me 5 cents for Destiny LMAO. Some of the games I got cheaper at other places, and GS actually gave me a few bucks more for some of them lol.

Dayum.. yea, you won on that deal. I'm either going to get a oneX or PSVR for skyrim. Keeping the Switch for Mario.

I'm just happy I was able to trade in about 2/3 of my collection and be able to comfortably afford an Xbox One X when it comes out.

Promotions like these is one of the reasons why I still buy physical games.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hot damn! I traded in six games I no longer cared about or owned on Steam, and snagged a $50 Steam card. Sooooo hype!

CrewShadow

Traded in some extra games I got for cheap, and while we were finishing things up I noticed he put my Dead Sapce 2 as Dead space 1 and that would of shorted me 12$. Don't think he was happy I was walking out with 180$ and Caught his error. But I'm happy regardless, More money towards my Xbox One X.

They're giving MSRP on the Switch as well. Just sold six games for one hundred and fifty bucks, put all of that in Steam gift cards to buy the stuff I wanted from the Steam Sale.

Zen Aku

Just traded in like 20 games. Most are super old too. Except Final Fantasy XV,a couple of PS4 Lego games and Pokemon Soul Silver.

Got $225 for it. Gonna save that for the Switch.

Is it possible to use my friends Pro membership even if I don't have his card? Or do they ask for ID if I give them his account info.

They're giving MSRP on the Switch as well. Just sold six games for one hundred and fifty bucks, put all of that in Steam gift cards to buy the stuff I wanted from the Steam Sale.

Wat? Like $300?

You buy a lot of games you don't like.

Naw.. just don't see myself playing them too much anymore, and this way I can get back most of what I paid for em. Plus once FFXii comes out, that's all I'll be playing. ...and I got 334 other PS4 games. And whatever digital Switch games I have. I'll catch em on sale digital some time.

ngower

Traded in six games that I knew I either wasn't playing or I physically hadn't opened (had to open to trade in) for $110. Picked up $20 in eshop credit for the Zelda Expansion Pass and bought the Archer amiibo. Will probably use the rest for Splatoon 2.

I just traded soo much stuff. 34 games for $660.

edit: games and values

17.00 Dead Rising 4
11.90 Uncharted Golden Abyss
13.60 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (ps3)

3DS
34.00 Fire Emblem Awakening
25.50 Hyrule Warriors Legends
13.60 Kirby Triple Deluxe

SWITCH
28.90 The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
34.00 Super Bomberman R

WII U
11.90 Lego City Undercover (wii u)
17.00 Mario Kart 8
25.50 Pokken Tournament
25.50 Wii Party U
20.40 Yoshi's Wooly World

8.50 Bayonetta
8.50 Blue Dragon
10.20 Lost Odyssey

PS4
10.020 Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
13.60 Batman Arkham VR
25.50 Battlefield 1
17.00 Battlezone
5.10 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
13.60 DmC: Definitive Edition
22.10 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
13.60 God of War III Remastered
18.70 Mafia III
34.00 Nier Automata
20.40 RIGS
25.50 Rise of the Tomb Raider
22.10 Robinson The Journey
20.40 Shadow of Mordor GotY
13.60 TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
20.40 Trackmania Turbo
20.40 Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
37.40 Yakuza 0

cwistofu

went back and sold some more games that i was originally on the fence for (pokemon soulsliver, zelda botw and mk8 wii u, and a few others). now to wait for neon switches to come back in stock

Man, why can't the Gamestop app work with a barcode scanner app? Would make checking these trade-in values so much easier. Debating whether I should trade in my SNES game (which are apparently worth more than the majority of my PS3/360 games).

Does it matter what the worth of the games are? I have some old sports games worth only $.50 that I'd trade to get a better percentage on other games.

I don't think so, I think as long as the values don't say N/A then you are good.

Cool, thanks! I remember them having restrictions in the past that made it so only games that are $2+ would go towards trade in deals and what not. That was probably when GameStop was a little less desperate :p

How far back do they go? I have some PS1 and PS2 games I could get rid of.

Edit: Oh, is it only those with listed trade values? That's too bad.

Anyone know how the Amazon Cash thing works? Do I get the exact amount of trade credit put into my Amazon account?

As said above, Amazon Cash only gives you the cash amount.

However, a lot of stores have Amazon gift cards, which you could use your credit to buy. I guess not anymore.

inner-G

Banned
Since when? That sucks. I feel like I did it recently, although that might have been a day or two before the Amazon cash thing started.

Maybe your store will let you, but the ones around here stopped letting you use credit for Amazon/Visa/Gas cards. You can only use it on cards like Steam/PSN/and game-centric stuff.

It does suck, I used to do it all the time. I once traded in a ton of stuff, got $600 in Amazon cards and almost got all the parts for a PC that way

I may just need to go clean out most of my 360/PS3 collection and a few PS4 games. I don't have a whole lot of need for them anymore with Backwards Compatibility and the other fact that I doubt I'll play any of some of them again. I could get a pretty good amount in store credit through just the amount of games alone.

Bii

Traded a few games in just now. Trade-in price is after an additional 70%.

1-2 Switch - $37.40
Super Bomberman R - $34
Doom (PS4) - $15.30
Shadow of Mordor GOTY (PS4) - $20.40
Batman Telltale (PS4) - $11.90
Street Fighter x Tekken (Vita) - $11.90
Total - $130.90

Bought $100 in Steam gift cards and plan to purchase Steam versions of the PS4 games, which is fantastic since they're all on sale right now. Had $30 left over and placed it on a trade-in credit card.

The Switch games I traded in were not being played and I got them pretty cheap at launch with Best Buy's GCU/Visa Checkout promo. So no loss there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom