• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The GameStop near me.. the staff know I'm personal friends with the Store Manager. They never mess with me. I don't ask for or get favors, but they never hassle me. Maybe that's a different experience than most customers. I have no idea. I just personally think with this promo, on the whole, if you have enough games to trade in, you will likely make out OK. If you can use the credit to buy elsewhere by purchasing a GC or waiting until 7/7 to trade to get Amazon Cash applied to your account, or to buy Steam cards, it sounds worth it.

hwy_61

Banned
Just traded in a bunch of shit and now I'm over the halfway mark for a Xbox one X

I said in another thread I wasn't getting one til I get a 4K tv but who's kidding who i need to have that shit day one

Owensboro

The GameStop near me.. the staff know I'm personal friends with the Store Manager. They never mess with me. I don't ask for or get favors, but they never hassle me. Maybe that's a different experience than most customers. I have no idea. I just personally think with this promo, on the whole, if you have enough games to trade in, you will likely make out OK. If you can use the credit to buy elsewhere by purchasing a GC or waiting until 7/7 to trade to get Amazon Cash applied to your account, or to buy Steam cards, it sounds worth it.

I assume I already know the answer to this, but it's worth asking anyway. (It's been a while since I've tried to play the trade-in-game). I assume the trade in value towards "Amazon Cash" will be the cash value and not the GS credit trade in? On that note, when you trade in something towards a Gift Card (for instance, the e-shop) do you get the "Cash" value, or the "GS Credit" value? I'm tempted to trade in some Switch games and get them digitally just for convenience, but don't want to get too screwed on value here.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Trade values suggest that I'd be able to get around $110 for thirteen X360 games with this deal. They're sealed, but they're not particularly rare games so I might just be better off opening them and trading them in rather than try and eBay them individually. Hmm, what to do...

Dominator

Trade credit does not work towards Amazon Cash.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So let me get this straight, this is across all gamestops? Across the nation?

Darklor01

I assume I already know the answer to this, but it's worth asking anyway. (It's been a while since I've tried to play the trade-in-game). I assume the trade in value towards "Amazon Cash" will be the cash value and not the GS credit trade in? On that note, when you trade in something towards a Gift Card (for instance, the e-shop) do you get the "Cash" value, or the "GS Credit" value? I'm tempted to trade in some Switch games and get them digitally just for convenience, but don't want to get too screwed on value here.

Not sure.

Kindekuma

Banned
I traded in a couple games, some I just never got around to playing and got $122 out of the deal. It was maybe 8-9 games? All went to Steam credit baybeeeeeee

Namikaze

I only got $166 but I was never gonna play those games again anyways. I traded in some retro games and those don't get the 60-70% bonus credit :/

Luke_Wal

Don't know about the Amazon Cash thing, but as far as PSN/eShop/Steam credit goes, you can use the store credit prices. I bought $85 of it with my $300+ of trade-in credit from this promo yesterday.

Apt101

Well. May as well offload a bunch of games I'll never play again. Problem is there's nothing I want to buy. I wonder if they have Blizzard / whatever cards there. I could pick one up and use it to preorder Destiny 2 for PC I guess.

Chris R

Gonna go trade in a bunch of stuff tomorrow I think.

Getting pro is only worth it if I'm getting over $150 in credit right?

I bought a couple games last Black Friday that I never opened (R&C, LoUR), but since the PSN sale has them listed for less than what I paid for I think I'm just gonna unwrap them and trade in and grab digital copies. I'll end up getting more back in credit for R&C than I originally paid for the game on sale lmao.

Persona7

Banned
I can do that? They'll let me cancel them and move it to a BoneX?

Yes, you can cancel pre-orders at any time. You can also pre-order stuff and not pick it up and the value will sit there. For example you can pre-order a few of the upcoming 2DS XL at $150~ each and then when the xbox pre-orders open you can go in and tell them you want to transfer them to the xbox.

Gonna go trade in a bunch of stuff tomorrow I think.

Getting pro is only worth it if I'm getting over $150 in credit right?

Yes, or you plan to do more trades.

Darklor01

I think the thing is that you probably don't get the bonuses if you're going to put it on the Amazon balance.

I don't know if any of us will know until someone does it on the 7th and posts about it or we read it somewhere else. Either way, worth a shot if someone doesn't care if it doesn't work, but nothing I've read stayes you only gat cash value instead of trade value. It only states trade value. It might be trade value since you get trade value and can use that to buy Steem cards.

Hesh

I wish they would do some console trade-in deals. I have a launch X1 and a launch PS4 I've been looking to get rid of but console scams on eBay have me spooked. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get over $300 for both of them so I can put it towards either a Pro or X1X.

Darklor01

I wish they would do some console trade-in deals. I have a launch X1 and a launch PS4 I've been looking to get rid of but console scams on eBay have me spooked. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get over $300 for both of them so I can put it towards either a Pro or X1X.

What about the Buy Sell Trade thread here?

Anyone know if N64 games count? Super Smash Bros gets you $20 and I have three of those alone, not counting the other 20+ games I have lol

Namikaze

I just realized that if I signed up for pro, I would've made more money and had the pro sub basically free..I got $166 yesterday with 60%. I'll never live this down lol

Anyone know if N64 games count? Super Smash Bros gets you $20 and I have three of those alone, not counting the other 20+ games I have lol

Depends on whether the N64 games ring up as "retro" or not. I traded in like 10 genesis games yesterday and they didn't get the 60% extra credit.

sense

They do console trade in deals regularly. Just sit tight for a good one. Got 200 for OG PS4 towards a switch earlier in the year. They will likely have one for pro and xb1x around end of august or September

Been going around looking for potentional flips, but haven't had much success. I saw borderlands triple pack and garden warfare 2 at Walmart for 20 bucks, but it's only like a 10 profit on each after this deal. Anyone know of any?

I just realized that if I signed up for pro, I would've made more money and had the pro sub basically free..I got $166 yesterday with 60%. I'll never live this down lol

Depends on whether the N64 games ring up as "retro" or not. I traded in like 10 genesis games yesterday and they didn't get the 60% extra credit.

Ah ok. I just called and the dude said that they should go towards the promotion. I'll just have to go and try trading them in!

Glix

Ahhh, I just cleaned up. Got $250 for about $150 worth of stuff.

Picked up Sony Gold headset, paid off Mario X Rabbids, grabbed BOTW DLC code, Waluigi amiibo on clearance, and a $50 PSN card ($40 used on CRASH) and had 8 bucks left over. It was a good lunch hour.

Rizific

got $106 last night and picked up Arms for my son. traded in

wiiu blops 2
wiiu zombiu
wiiu mk8
wiiu pikmin 3
wiiu yohis wooly world
ps4 ff15
3ds pokemon moon

had splatoon with me but game was left inside the console and wasnt able to trade it in.

Namikaze

Got rid of the rest of my Wii U library, made $146. Dropped it on an Xbox One S.

Help me...I'm so tempted to trade in Bayo 2, Tokyo Mirage, Wonderful 101, and Smash but I'm so weak and not sure if they will ever be ported to other consoles (minus smash of course, but maybe they won't port the Wii U version?)

Plus some more PS4 stuff. I honestly don't game too much these days and I haven't felt a tinge of regret for trading in a bunch of my old stuff so far, but dumping the Wii U stuff will be hard...

Darklor01

Help me...I'm so tempted to trade in Bayo 2, Tokyo Mirage, Wonderful 101, and Smash but I'm so weak and not sure if they will ever be ported to other consoles (minus smash of course, but maybe they won't port the Wii U version?)

Plus some more PS4 stuff. I honestly don't game too much these days and I haven't felt a tinge of regret for trading in a bunch of my old stuff so far, but dumping the Wii U stuff will be hard...

If you don't touch these games in general, and do not feel that you will want to revisit them, trade them in and don't think about it. that's what I'd suggest if you've never had an issue doing this in the past.

Mafia 3
RE7
For Honor
R6Siege (I double dipped so it was an easy trade)
RotTR
Advanced Warfare
Lego Hobbit
AC:Syndacite
Halo 5 (bundled with my S)

Got $172 store credit. On the way toward X1X. Hopefully we can get some good trade deals on consoles soon!

SheHateMe

$274 total for 14 games, 3 of which I'm buying right back digitally in the PSN sale.

Both Destiny 2:LE and MvCI:LE is paid off, with a $50 PSN card to boot.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

The GameStop app is pretty handy for retro stuff
About to trade in my
N64
Game boy color
Game boy advance
Game boy pocket
Snes
Nes
Xbox 360
Wii
Nintendo ds lite

Add in an extra $15 for each and I should be getting like $200+ for back up systems

HCgamer

Traded in six more games

the legend of zelda breath of the wild wii u $51
mario kart 8 wii u $17
double dragon 2 nes $6.80
metroid prime 3 corruption $1.70
final fantasy mystic quest snes $8.50
mario golf n64 $8.50

Darklor01

Mario Kart 8 deluxe (Switch)
Mario Kart (Wii)
AMF Bowling Pinbusters (Wii)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Club Penguin (NDS)
Club Penguin (NDS) ... yes, twice, there's a reason

$101.07

Hmm. I have some 3DS games that I won't be playing again. I did the math and I should get $102 for all of them. I haven't traded anything in to Gamestop since High School, but maybe I'll take advantage of this.

SpotAnime

Nice. Thanks OP, I brought in 89 games - mostly 360 stuff for the kids they've grown out of, stuff I have on Steam or games I got digitally on Xbox One - and walked out with $600 in trade. Picked up a PS4 Pro, a $50 Steam card, a $50 PSN card, and I still have nearly $90 left for whenever I decide to pick up a Switch. And, more importantly I've decluttered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom