• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not let them subscribe you to Power Up Rewards Pro or whatever it's called. They can do it all in one transaction and I'm betting it will pay for itself right away and give you additional credit all at once? That way, trades are all 70% bonus instead of just 60.

friskykillface:
Why would tomorrow have a bump in trade values?
Ahh, didn't know if I had to wait for a card to come in the mail or anything. But ya, the $15 (that's still the price right?) would definitely cover the tick up in pro value for trades (often $1-1.50 more per game) and then give me an extra 10% AND be all set with pro for the year. I'll definitely do that if I can sign up and use it right then.

There is also a chance for trade values to drop in value, especially since they are starting a B2G1 free sale this weekend on all used games and consoles/accessories. Let the trading russian roulette begin!

and yeah if you are trading more than $150 of games sign up in the same transaction for PUR Pro ($14.99 for 1 year), you will get 10% more on all the trade ins which pays for itself plus a free one year sub to game informer and 1 day early access to the b2g1f promo this weekend.

If anything that might raise prices since they would need stock to cover the promo?

And you also answered my question on Pro. Would definitely pay for itself even just in the uptick for each game, let alone the 10% extra.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ahh, didn't know if I had to wait for a card to come in the mail or anything. But ya, the $15 (that's still the price right?) would definitely cover the tick up in pro value for trades (often $1-1.50 more per game) and then give me an extra 10% AND be all set with pro for the year. I'll definitely do that if I can sign up and use it right then.

Yes about the $15. During both trade-in sessions I did this week, the person also scanned some kind of $5 trade-in bonus coupon on top of that. Hopefully they do the same, or you should ask about it.

If anyone has the Metro Redux disc, Gamestop is taking it for $7.70 Pro trade in. It's on sale on Xbox for $7.50, so trade it in as part of your trade in bundle, get $13, and buy the digital if you still want it and pocket $5 :p

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It seems like GameStop tends to raise base trade values during the last few days of each month, specifically beginning on a Friday. Something about meeting a quota perhaps?

Oh. On one hand I hope that people get more for their trades on that day, and on the other hand I'd hate to find out I could have gotten even more. LOL. Selfish, I know.

Oddly, I was talking with a buddy of mine, it seems they really aren't advertising this trade up deal in a way which they draw attention to it. I didn't see any signage. If the idea is to bolster their used product availability, it seems a bit self defeating.

On a side note, I wanted to mention during my second visit to do a few more trades, I was two games shy of six. I found two Nintendo DS games at $.99 cents (Penguin something or other.. I forget). With Pro discount, they were $.89. They traded in for less than I paid for them, but bumped the trade into the 60%+10%(Pro) category which launched the trade value 20% above the previous value and way more than paid for itself buying those two games. Something to keep in mind if you're a few games short of six.

Flandy

Will the gamestop app factor in this promo if I add a bunch of games to my Saved Trades or will I need to add the 60% on top of that?

Flandy

The 60% is in addition to what's displayed in the app.

Hrmm it's 169.40 in the app
*does math*
>271.04

2dd.jpg

At what time does Gamestop trade prices usually change? I'm hoping there's a bump on a few games tomorrow but if it doesn't happen until afternoon or something it's not going to be worth waiting around for for me.

CrewShadow

If anyone has the Metro Redux disc, Gamestop is taking it for $7.70 Pro trade in. It's on sale on Xbox for $7.50, so trade it in as part of your trade in bundle, get $13, and buy the digital if you still want it and pocket $5 :p

That is what I did last time they were on sale. Still sitting in the backlog like the retail copy I had. lol

If you sign up for the power up rewards in store it will print on your receipt. You can use it on the next transaction.

It works for multiple systems. I traded in a PSVita, Playstation 1, and original game boy in one receipt and all 3 got the $15 bonus. The Vita got a $25 bonus as well for being a pro member.

Thanks!

Damn, may have to unload my 3ds and Vita with the $15 and $25 deal stacking.

VeeP

At what time does Gamestop trade prices usually change? I'm hoping there's a bump on a few games tomorrow but if it doesn't happen until afternoon or something it's not going to be worth waiting around for for me.

It would happen in the morning, no? But hopefully someone knows for sure lol.

kirblar

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't pitch the receipt (was in my car) - the $15 bonus for console trade ins code is printed on the receipt- it's not showing up for me on the website at all, unfortunately.

I am playing games like it's homework this week and next haha. Trying to finish a bunch of my backlog so I can take advantage of this. Going all digital on Switch and will trade in for eShop cards. Got over $100 last week and I didn't even know the deal was taking place before the manager told me at the register.

Made another trip today. My grand total is $389 after paying off Yakuza Kiwami and Gundam Versus. Not bad, I'll probably sit on it until it's time to get a Switch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just to add to this topic for those interested.

GS is having another buy 2 get 1 free on all pre owned products (games, accessories, hardware etc) from Jul 1st to 4th. Power up members can start using this offer from tomorrow onward.

There's also a "Game Day" sales event happening from Jul 3 to 16 with 'upto 50%' discount on 'the biggest titles'.

6zvmueklqvm.jpg

ddisb9dwsaigjwbpwqad.jpg

Credit to cheapassgamer for these.

Marvie_3

Banned
Gf and i decided to get rid of almost all of our physical games and ended up with $700+ worth of credit. Now we have the rest of our games paid off for the year. :lol

This deal is giving me a headache.

I have all these physical games for PS4 because I liked the idea that I would simply be able to sell them in the future. Problem is I know I will never ever sell my games. It's just my collection now. So I decided to calculate it out and I am close to 400 dollars in credit. I was going to just use that money to convert my physical library into digital versions for my more frequently played games.

But I'm looking at these prices and games that have been out for months are still full price like Horizon Zero Dawn. And I paid 48 for that via Prime at launch.

So if I know I'm never going to sell my games, why do I keep insisting on physical copies? This deal makes me think right now is the best time to do this conversIon but then I think about missing out on the physical copy discounts and I get confused. I love the convenience factor of all digital but is it worth that much in physical savings?

Anyone else going through this/made the switch and can help me pull the trigger on this?

kirblar

This deal is giving me a headache.

I have all these physical games for PS4 because I liked the idea that I would simply be able to sell them in the future. Problem is I know I will never ever sell my games. It's just my collection now. So I decided to calculate it out and I am close to 400 dollars in credit. I was going to just use that money to convert my physical library into digital versions for my more frequently played games.

But I'm looking at these prices and games that have been out for months are still full price like Horizon Zero Dawn. And I paid 48 for that via Prime at launch.

So if I know I'm never going to sell my games, why do I keep insisting on physical copies? This deal makes me think right now is the best time to do this conversIon but then I think about missing out on the physical copy discounts and I get confused. I love the convenience factor of all digital but is it worth that much in physical savings?

Anyone else going through this/made the switch and can help me pull the trigger on this?
You gotta wait for sales. That's all there is to it. HZD went 40% off or so during the E3 sale.

graywolf323

holy shit, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U went from $33 for Pro (before 60%) yesterday to $38.50 before the 60% today

with this trade promo they'll actually give ~$61 for BOTW right now ��

edit: I was looking at trading in 8 games with this promotion, yesterday they would have netted me ~$200 in credit but today they'll land ~$245, that is just insane

Smidget

holy shit, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U went from $33 for Pro (before 60%) yesterday to $38.50 before the 60% today

with this trade promo they’ll actually give ~$61 for BOTW right now 😵

What's the limit of games you can trade in at once? If you have GCU with Best buy... can go buy them @ $48 and trade them in to Gamestop @ $61 lol

graywolf323

What's the limit of games you can trade in at once? If you have GCU with Best buy... can go buy them @ $48 and trade them in to Gamestop @ $61 lol

not sure but Breath of the Wild Switch, ARMS, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe all are trading in at the same value as well

SpotAnime

Damnnnnn I should have waited too. Oh well, live and learn I guess
Edit: looks like I lost out on close to 100$ in credit :(

Really? I'm seeing trade values hold steady from a couple of days ago. I did a smoke check of the games I traded in and none increased in value. But one did decrease - Mass Effect Andromeda - by about $8.

So no remorse here, I got my PS4 all set up and have been enjoying for a couple of days already. :) Looking forward to the long hot holiday weekend.

rj118

Mario Party 10 is going for $51 with the promo, so if you want to make a quick $11 (minus tax) and get a free amiibo, pick up one of those bundles from another store for $40 and you'll be set

graywolf323

Quick question, if I trade in my original 3DS XL (want to get a new 2DS XL next month) would I lose all my digital content still? I haven’t kept up with what Nintendo has done regarding that

basically do I need to keep it to do a system transfer in order to not lose anything still or did they ever get with the times and make it so you can just set it up under your Nintendo account and redownload things?

Jrs3000

Quick question, if I trade in my original 3DS XL (want to get a new 2DS XL next month) would I lose all my digital content still? I haven’t kept up with what Nintendo has done regarding that

basically do I need to keep it to do a system transfer in order to not lose anything still or did they ever get with the times and make it so you can just set it up under your Nintendo account and redownload things?

Yup a lost cause. You need both systems and to do a system link transfer. One of the problems with Nintendo they finally address with switch kind of.

graywolf323

Yup a lost cause. You need both systems and to do a system link transfer. One of the problems with Nintendo they finally address with switch kind of.

okay good to know, I won’t trade it in just yet then (hopefully they do another system trade-in bonus deal later this summer)

no way I’m willing to lose my Ambassador games among other things

thanks ^_^

Zen Aku

Does Gamestop have a limit of copies they can let you trade in? I think I found the golden egg....
I think the maximum is 3 copies per game. But I think if you go to a different store it should be okay.

Source: trying to remember my time working there.

Hmm, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trade-in is 38.50... If you trade up to 70%, you'll get $65.45. Basically, if you want to switch to digital at no charge, this is your chance!

Hmm, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trade-in is 38.50... If you trade up to 70%, you'll get $65.45. Basically, if you want to switch to digital at no charge, this is your chance!

You're 10% off, the $38.50 is with the 10% bonus already added, so it's only 60% on top of that so $59.50 is what it should be.

Gaspard

Oh hey, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is $12.50 before the percentages. And I paid like $10 last black friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom