• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Linked article said:
Let's also say Oklahoma and Oklahoma State insist on being a package deal, and they wish to separate themselves from Texas (which goes to the Big Ten alongside Kansas). The two Sooner State schools — OU and OSU — sign on with the SEC to create a 16-team conference.
Man, I made the Big 12 death comment as a joke, didn't know I missed realignment real-talk. As a B1G guy, I'd gladly take Texas and Kansas and give the SEC OU & OSU, although my personal dream is for Delaney to say, "We're going to 16 and stopping forever, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Missouri are welcome to apply."

ryseing

Send in your podcast questions. And would anyone ever be interested in calling in? Setup a Google Voice number, and won't be able to get things situated for this week, but wondering if any interest down the road.

You need to discuss the insanity that was 2007.
SB Nation did a really great spread about it. Shutdown Fullcast covered this but looking back, what was the craziest thing that happened that year?

And I'd be down to call in if y'all ever do ACC talk.

Man, I made the Big 12 death comment as a joke, didn't know I missed realignment real-talk. As a B1G guy, I'd gladly take Texas and Kansas and give the SEC OU & OSU, although my personal dream is for Delaney to say, "We're going to 16 and stopping forever, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Missouri are welcome to apply."

UNC/Duke are a package deal, and I believe our legislature tied UNC/State together as well. Can I interest you in Wake Forest? Get in on that hot Winston-Salem media market.

UNC/Duke are a package deal, and I believe our legislature tied UNC/State together as well. Can I interest you in Wake Forest? Get in on that hot Winston-Salem media market.
That's a hard pass on NCState and Wake (although I remember Wake's campus fondly from high school debate camp.) If we're going to force Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma to cut the umbilical, I think NC can jump through the hoop as well. I guess Duke would give Northwestern a buddy.

andycapps

Actually curious what you think the floor for Kirby Smart needs to be to keep the fan base happy this season. Short of some 4-win fiasco, I don't think they'll fire the guy since it's his second season, but the UGA roster is pretty talented on paper, and the East is still iffy. I think he needs to challenge/beat everyone on their regular season schedule except for Florida, Auburn, and maybe Georgia Tech in order to avoid entering next year on the hot seat. This is the program that fired Richt for winning 10 games a year, after all.

What say you?

You need to discuss the insanity that was 2007.
SB Nation did a really great spread about it. Shutdown Fullcast covered this but looking back, what was the craziest thing that happened that year?

And I'd be down to call in if y'all ever do ACC talk.

Man y'all are really trying to trigger me bringing up 2007. I try to avoid the Georgia Corner, but if you want it then I gotta give you what you ask for. Sorry podcast bros!

FyreWulff

I'm not surprised travel agents are still relevant in Nebraska. Old people still use them, but the younger generations know how to plan vacations on the web

there's a reason people keep saying "i wish the bluehairs would get louder" in Nebraska games..

although for big games there's often an actual plane chartered and they manage to fill the entire plane up with fans wanting a direct flight. Sometimes these agencies package a hotel+the charterplane + other stuff into one package. Nebraska travels very well.

there's a reason people keep saying "i wish the bluehairs would get louder" in Nebraska games..

although for big games there's often an actual plane chartered and they manage to fill the entire plane up with fans wanting a direct flight. Sometimes these agencies package a hotel+the charterplane + other stuff into one package. Nebraska travels very well.

I mean, doesnt every semi large school do that?

cdyhybrid

Darnold and the Oline is appealing.

i still have you all winning the PAC ftr
👊

We'll see what happens.

Conference extended their deal with the Niners' stadium to host the CCG until '19, with an option for '20...which is when the Raiders' stadium in Vegas is scheduled to open 🤔

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm not surprised travel agents are still relevant in Nebraska. Old people still use them, but the younger generations know how to plan vacations on the web

exactly, I bought my own 10 Oregon Season tickets for my crew and scooped 10 more tickets from the single game sale to season ticket holders....

#SeaofRedFloodsEugene

I mean, doesnt every semi large school do that?

most don't get to multiple chartered jumbo jet status like Nebraska and Ohio State do.

bpfd

Speaking of 2007, I just bought Matt Brown's "What If". Cant wait to read this book as it's supposed to have a chapter covering this year.

👊

We'll see what happens.

Conference extended their deal with the Niners' stadium to host the CCG until '19, with an option for '20...which is when the Raiders' stadium in Vegas is scheduled to open 🤔

The Inglewood stadium as well. You know they're moving that shit to LA, just like the hoops tournament.
Darnold and the Oline is appealing.

i still have you all winning the PAC ftr

USC is replacing half its O-Line. The replacements are upperclassmen, but it's still a new group.

Then again UW lost almost its entire secondary in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.

andycapps

New podcast is up. We have an intro, outro, sort of have a new name though it's not updated yet in podcast players. Audio is hopefully a little better though my mic was too hot this week. I'll fix that next week.

Welcome back for another season of the show. We are hopefully showing up under the new name of Academically Ineligible. If we're not, that will happen in the next couple weeks.

This week Chris joins us to remind us who is in the PAC 12 (USC, Washington, and everyone else is the answer), we talk about how Nutt finally got Freeze, and various other college football related things.

Please sub, rate, all that.

USC is replacing half its O-Line. The replacements are upperclassmen, but it's still a new group.

Then again UW lost almost its entire secondary in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.
If they were all underclassmen, I would be concerned. But I think they'll be fine overall since they have had seasoning. The thing working against them is their division overall (UCLA and Utah) compared to UW since it looks like only Wazzu could stop them in the North since Oregon needs at least a year to get jelling

They still have Browning and a lot of their offense from last year. They have Rapp (who to me looked like the best player in the secondary and that's saying a lot obviously). They should be fine overall and not lose that much of a step.

USC feels like my one lock at this point of the season tbh

I'd usually defend the NCAA but this is fucking ridiculous.

I've seen and heard of them doing some pretty off the wall shit for what seems like nothing.

Queueing up the podcast now. First time listener lol

EDIT: Holy shit, I think Nick Saban has as many national championships as the rest of CFB's current active head coaches do, combined. That's...how lmao

Twitter:

🙄

giphy.gif

O/U on years before Texas Fan says he wanted to be Longhorn.

Is this a meme? Doesn't look like we've offered this guy so unless Brevin says "I wanted to go to Texas but they didn't offer" then Texas fans have no reason to say he wanted to go to Texas. If this meme started from Jameis Winston, then yes he did say later that he wanted to go to Texas but Mack didn't offer.

Is this a meme? Doesn't look like we've offered this guy so unless Brevin says "I wanted to go to Texas but they didn't offer" then Texas fans have no reason to say he wanted to go to Texas. If this meme started from Jameis Winston, then yes he did say later that he wanted to go to Texas but Mack didn't offer.

Probably has to do with Texas continuing to offer good QBs scholarships to play other positions

If they were all underclassmen, I would be concerned. But I think they'll be fine overall since they have had seasoning. The thing working against them is their division overall (UCLA and Utah) compared to UW since it looks like only Wazzu could stop them in the North since Oregon needs at least a year to get jelling

They still have Browning and a lot of their offense from last year. They have Rapp (who to me looked like the best player in the secondary and that's saying a lot obviously). They should be fine overall and not lose that much of a step.

No love for Stanford? They have a ton of returning players and maybe their offense will be more creative now that McCaffrey is gone.

It's also weird how everyone is discounting a Colorado team that won 10 games but buying into a UCLA team that is still coached by Jim Mora JR.

No love for Stanford? They have a ton of returning players and maybe their offense will be more creative now that McCaffrey is gone.

It's also weird how everyone is discounting a Colorado team that won 10 games but buying into a UCLA team that is still coached by Jim Mora JR.

I hear all of this, and my heart still tells me USC is the only Power 5 lock this year.

Top Bottom