• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So, my brother won a life size Nick Saban cardboard standee.

What do people even do with those things?

I could see my mom putting it on the porch during games along with her Roll Tide flag.

No love for Stanford? They have a ton of returning players and maybe their offense will be more creative now that McCaffrey is gone.

It's also weird how everyone is discounting a Colorado team that won 10 games but buying into a UCLA team that is still coached by Jim Mora JR.
Because Colorado lost a lot of talent iirc and expecting them to run through UCLA, USC, and Utah? I can't see that.

Mora may be Mora.. but UCLA is still talented and has Rosen at QB.

I'm not eager to jump on Stanford train till I see them on the field especially defensively since that curbstomp they received from Washington.

*Drops Floy down the Ohio St rankings. And hands him a tasty treat*
Sorry friend

07 CFB was dumb as shit
You're wrong and a bad person.. ban this man Cyan.

It was the best football year ever

LionPride

Banned
LionPride, weren't you like 8 in 2007?

Trying to remember who won when I was 8....

Oklahoma. Not Bob Stoops' Oklahoma, either.
I'm reading the SB Nation stuff they've been doing on 07 since my first CFB memory is probably a random bowl game from 08/09

Dennis Dixon and Pat White sound like GODS.

Kansas football was good

USF was #2 after only existing for like 10 years

Mizzou wasn't bad either

Hawaii was a good program

What a strange year

Greg Schiano was still coaching Rutgers football.

What a great man. The greatest of head coaches, never had a bad word to say about him, ever.

ag-my001

It was technically the end of the 2006 season, but the 2007 Fiesta Bowl (Boise/Oklahoma, aka BEST. GAME. EVER.) certainly got the year off to a great start.

I'm reading the SB Nation stuff they've been doing on 07 since my first CFB memory is probably a random bowl game from 08/09

Kansas football was good

Mizzou wasn't bad either

What a strange year
It was amazing. It started with App State vs Michigan (which was the very first thing ever broadcasted on BIG 10 Network) and just snowballed where the biggest upsets happened every weekend. Juice Williams beat Ohio State in Columbus, Kentucky beat LSU in double ot, Pitt and WVU was nuts, shit you name it..

No season in any sport has ever come close to the fuckery of that year. Not even close

Todd Reesing was fucking legit

Will never forget Kansas dropping like 80 on Nebraska though
Fuck I forgot that. In Lincoln no less..

Too bad Mangino was a scumbag

It was technically the end of the 2006 season, but the 2007 Fiesta Bowl (Boise/Oklahoma, aka BEST. GAME. EVER.) certainly got the year off to a great start.
Is there anything that comes to that ending in sports? I can't think of anything

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
2007 can suck my ass

Nebraska+v+Texas+08iP0fpNBWal.jpg

Kansas football was good

Mizzou wasn't bad either

What a strange year

someone who wasnt old enough to remember the 2007 season

giphy.gif

andycapps

Kansas football was good

Mizzou wasn't bad either

What a strange year
Hawaii was kind of good. Also, I feel so old. And here I thought buck was young.

Are you even 18?

FyreWulff

points wise, Texas Tech has the worst margin loss for Nebraska at 70-10.

mentality wise, Colorado 2001 is literally the game that ended Nebraska's dominance.

I think Lion gives us the unique opportunity to get into the mind of someone the same age as incoming recruits. It would be interesting to see whom he views as the elite programs, since he wasn't alive back when a lot of the blue bloods were still relevant.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think Lion gives us the unique opportunity to get into the mind of someone the same age as incoming recruits. It would be interesting to see whom he views as the elite programs, since he wasn't alive back when a lot of the blue bloods were still relevant.

It's interesting to hear 30+ or so aged college football fans in Texas wondering why Baylor is still recruiting okay with all the scandal and looming sanctions and such. I don't think they realize that recruits these days don't remember "worse cumulative conference record than Kansas" Baylor, they only know "conference champion and perennial top 10" Baylor.

LionPride

Banned
Bama
Ohio State
Florida State
Oklahoma
Clemson is makin it's way on up
Michigan
LSU maybe

ag-my001

It's interesting to hear 30+ or so aged college football fans in Texas wondering why Baylor is still recruiting okay with all the scandal and looming sanctions and such. I don't think they realize that recruits these days don't remember "worse cumulative conference record than Kansas" Baylor, they only know "conference champion and perennial top 10" Baylor.
I blame tech fans for letting the "worse than Baylor" chants die.

Top Bottom