• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I feel like they might when you get to a certain level, when you can alter how certain attacks work. Plus you get gear eventually that will change how attacks behave.

That's kinda wack, but I guess.

He should have knockback on at least his AOE moves or something, one of the things I loved about his wide beam on X-Men Legends...fools would go FLYING. After all his power is concussion blasts, some people and furniture and shit SHOULD go flying if hit

[QUOTE="D";234519431]That's kinda wack, but I guess.

He should have knockback on at least his AOE moves or something, one of the things I loved about his wide beam on X-Men Legends...fools would go FLYING. After all his power is concussion blasts, some people and furniture and shit SHOULD go flying if hit[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Knockback is important for his powers and was definitely fun in XML games and MUA. Take a look in the screen that shows the five columns of powers augments that unlock at 32. It shows you what powers they change.

Geeeezus hell they are really asking for people to spend over $250 for that Spider-Man skin huh? I def saw some people with it.

(Assuming avenger and X-Men packs are all $60)

Comes out to being 200

Nobody should spend that on this game, knowing how the PC version has languished for as long as it has. Absolutely do not do this. If the console version follows in the PC version's footsteps it will be riddled with bugs, performance issues and a lack of interesting endgame content for its entire lifespan. If this console version doesn't make a lot of money for them I wouldn't be surprised to see them shutter because the PC version is hemorrhaging players badly and is probably beyond recovery at this point. If you love the game, by all means play it and maybe throw some money their way, but know what you're getting into and don't go overboard right off the bat.

k1t4j

Don't sleep on war machine, he is dope in this game.

I ended up caving in and bought him after playing with some random dude that had him. He seems pretty dam cool so far.

I am a bit disappointed with melee characters they seem so blah, I don't know... I never feel inclined to play ranged characters but in this game, at least during the initial levels they are way more fun to play then melee characters.

I wish they had Johnny Storm, Dr. Doom and Magneto as those must be awesome to play. I guess I'll save the 1000G I have and hope they come soon to console :)

Nova is a beast btw definately the character I'm purchasing using my G

He's been great on the PC version for some time. Only weakness is he's quite squishy in cosmic content, but if you embrace his active style and stay on the move constantly, he works great.

Not sure if the defensive rework helped him or not, since I haven't used him for some time. But damage wise, he's really strong.

-----

Just found out the new experience cap for leveled heroes is 100% (down from 200% on PC) and requires a full 10 heroes at level 60 to reach. That's lame and really hurts anyone crazy enough to try and do a cosmic prestige. I've done two and almost lost my mind with like 450% modifiers.

SirKhalid

Nobody should spend that on this game, knowing how the PC version has languished for as long as it has. Absolutely do not do this. If the console version follows in the PC version's footsteps it will be riddled with bugs, performance issues and a lack of interesting endgame content for its entire lifespan. If this console version doesn't make a lot of money for them I wouldn't be surprised to see them shutter because the PC version is hemorrhaging players badly and is probably beyond recovery at this point. If you love the game, by all means play it and maybe throw some money their way, but know what you're getting into and don't go overboard right off the bat.

Gazillion is trying to squeeze the remaining money they can from this 10 years license agreement with Marvel. I am curious to know if it was a new deal or not. Who knows if they will renew it if it was not and what will happened to the game. I only spent like 10$ on the PC version, so I didn't really so overboard like some people did. I will play the Xbox One version, it might be fun with local co-op but I will do so as F2P player.

The only thing I spent money on with the PC version is the Spider-Gwen costume. And since it's not here on the console version, I have no reason to spend anything.

Holy shit at their reducing the xp bonus. But they have always had a strange relationship with xp: they set the base leveling rate really low and then throw a bunch of bonuses at you.

Ploid 3.0

[QUOTE="D";234519431]That's kinda wack, but I guess.

He should have knockback on at least his AOE moves or something, one of the things I loved about his wide beam on X-Men Legends...fools would go FLYING. After all his power is concussion blasts, some people and furniture and shit SHOULD go flying if hit[/QUOTE]

You probably wouldn't want that based on how they design ability rules in this game. All CC starts to get resisted so fast because they couldn't figure out how to make it balanced. Your ability damage is effected by the tags it has on it. Example, movement tag will limit how much damage it can do, knockback would most likely add the same including to the fact that it would start to not work after a few times because everyone in a fight with you are using abilities that have some sort of CC.

There are some CC abilities that have "unresistible" traits to them, but they have a long cooldown. At most Cyclopse having knockback on all of his beams would only be good for trash mobs which would probably die in one blast.

I had my fun of being able to solo boss waves in patrol zones just by making them fight each other as Scarlet Witch. Now the ability to confuse things is useless to me. Magik missed the boat with her passive confuse.

TheSteelCondor

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but one of the devs mentioned on his stream that a patch to enlarge the text size is coming soon. He said that they are aware of how illegible it is.

The game is fun as far as the core content goes. I will say though that the presentation is terrible. It looks cheaply made, the lighting engine sucks, its easy to get lost in the ruckus especially with a terrible framerate, the menu system is terrible and looks bad, and on a couple of occasions my storage appeared to be empty thanks to one of the hundreds of bugs I've encountered.

I'm having an okay time playing co-op with the boyfran but I still get this feeling I'm playing a PS2 classic instead of a game that came out last year. I find it hard to believe that this game came out this side of the last decade sometimes.

Chairhome

So i have a few questions, couldn't find a good place with info on MHO other than here.
Planning on buying a founder's pack with Spider-Man. I want to play local co-op with my son. Will we only have access to one character? Or rather, I also heard about being able to use the other characters til lvl 10,so the 2nd player would only be able to do that?
Also, if I were to buy two characters, would it be better to buy them on separate accounts, or buy one on mine then one on his? We would only be playing local so my understanding would be to just buy all on one account and have 2p as a guest under the main account for access to purchased characters.

Zen Mu

So i have a few questions, couldn't find a good place with info on MHO other than here.
Planning on buying a founder's pack with Spider-Man. I want to play local co-op with my son. Will we only have access to one character? Or rather, I also heard about being able to use the other characters til lvl 10,so the 2nd player would only be able to do that?

I know he can play any character on your account, so if he wanted to play a character that was 400 shards you could technically fully unlock the character he chose after the first tutorial stage (the Raft). But basically any character you unlock on your account, he can use to play with you.

Also, if I were to buy two characters, would it be better to buy them on separate accounts, or buy one on mine then one on his? We would only be playing local so my understanding would be to just buy all on one account and have 2p as a guest under the main account for access to purchased characters.

Yea local co-op works off the main account, so he just drops in your game as a guest and uses whatever characters are unlocked on your account.

Chairhome

I know he can play any character on your account, so if he wanted to play a character that was 400 shards you could technically fully unlock the character he chose after the first tutorial stage (the Raft). But basically any character you unlock on your account, he can use to play with you.

Yea local co-op works off the main account, so he just drops in your game as a guest and uses whatever characters are unlocked on your account.
Thanks!

k1t4j

War Machine
Blade
Iron Man
Deadpool

Will focus on those guys at launch. Anyone here that played the PC version can tell me if
they are viable end game characters?

Was tempted to get the War Machine pack and have a go at this. It comes with 500 coins, what could this actually buy? Practically nothing?

Also, how well is this monetised? Is it one of the good guys or a bit shit?

Ploid 3.0

War Machine
Blade
Iron Man
Deadpool

Will focus on those guys at launch. Anyone here that played the PC version can tell me if
they are viable end game characters?

Yeah, they are all pretty good. Deadpool is nuts. I really like Blade and War Machine too, their gameplay mechanics are interesting (Thirst and Heat). Deadpool will probably be your farm character because of his room clearing spin shooting to win.

Damn, Hawkeye and Magik are surprisingly fun to play. They both basically turn this game into Diablo, haha.

I really like my fully geared Hawkeye. I haven't messed with Magik much after the console design update to all heroes. I'm sure she didn't get hit hard in the transition.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet: Can people co-op with them playing the same character or do they need to use different characters?

Was tempted to get the War Machine pack and have a go at this. It comes with 500 coins, what could this actually buy? Practically nothing?

Also, how well is this monetised? Is it one of the good guys or a bit shit?

500 can get you Angela, Nova, or Squirrel Girl. Or some stash space. So not totally nothing, but most characters and costumes in the game are around the $10 mark.

The game itself is mostly well monetized, in that if you wanted to stick to a character, you could play through the whole game and not spend anything. You can also grind out for any of the other characters.

The downside is how expensive things are though. $10 for character/costume like i said, with some ranging up closer to $15.

On the PC they run half off and B1G1's all the time, so that usually ends up being the best time to pick up things with real money.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
My impression of this game is that the game can be played for basically free, but everything is priced highly to compensate for that. For example, I would like to play as Wiccan, but I don't know if a single character in a game like this could ever be worth nearly $25 of my money. Maybe I'm just hung up on the way that business models were in the past, when $60 got you one or two dozen characters and often a good number of costumes. I might also be comparing apples to oranges, given that this game isn't really in the same genre as the old brawlers I'm thinking of (X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance).

I hope those sales that show up on the PC version happen on the console versions as well.

Can someone explain how tanks like hulk and colossus work
As long as their blue bars are filled I can just use their specials as much as I want? They don't seem to deplete.

Can someone explain how tanks like hulk and colossus work
As long as their blue bars are filled I can just use their specials as much as I want? They don't seem to deplete.

Different characters work different ways when it comes to resource spending. Ones like Hulk and Scarlet Witch can basically use their powers as much as they want while building their resource meter, and then when it's full it gives their moves special properties. I believe Hulk's meter will then drain if he's not in combat. SW's drains as you use the special moves once the bar is full. Angela works similarly, but instead of giving them special properties it just removes their cooldowns until it drains the meter.

Some characters like Doctor Strange use a more traditional mana type of system.

Deadpool doesn't even have a resource, so you can use his moves all the time, barring cooldowns.

Different characters work different ways when it comes to resource spending. Ones like Hulk and Scarlet Witch can basically use their powers as much as they want while building their resource meter, and then when it's full it gives their moves special properties. I believe Hulk's meter will then drain if he's not in combat. SW's drains as you use the special moves once the bar is full. Angela works similarly, but instead of giving them special properties it just removes their cooldowns until it drains the meter.

Some characters like Doctor Strange use a more traditional mana type of system.

Deadpool doesn't even have a resource, so you can use his moves all the time, barring cooldowns.
Interesting. Yeah Im just testing out characters now, I'm loving all the costumes as well, the marvel tv show and Marvel movie costumes are sometimes better than the default. I want that 70's Blade costume.

Where did Human Torch go? He was the first character I used when the game came out, The Thing as well

Ploid 3.0

Interesting. Yeah Im just testing out characters now, I'm loving all the costumes as well, the marvel tv show and Marvel movie costumes are sometimes better than the default. I want that 70's Blade costume.

Where did Human Torch go? He was the first character I used when the game came out, The Thing as well

Marvel doesn't want to promote Fantastic Four so they are most likely out of the console version.

Edit: Yep, looks like Storm is a boss in the PS4 version too. Never doubt Ororo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKgKX29uHZ8

Just checked and yup, seems they dropped the Fantastic Four. Stay classy, Marvel.

They even removed the bit of the opening cutscene that showed the FF getting their powers. I wouldn't expect to ever see the FF or Silver Surfer.

Doom was clearly too tied into the game to remove, so maybe he'll come later.

k1t4j

Just found another character to add to my collection, Ghost Rider what a character...

Want to build him as a ranged Dps, i think it will be super nice!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They even removed the bit of the opening cutscene that showed the FF getting their powers. I wouldn't expect to ever see the FF or Silver Surfer.

Doom was clearly too tied into the game to remove, so maybe he'll come later.

FF I can take or leave, but no surfer would be a shame. At least Doom isn't going anywhere, he's been one of my favorite characters to play since he came out on the PC version.

Top Bottom