• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Ploid 3.0

I hope they update the PC version with the new control scheme that console has. It sounds good. Even with a steam controller I feel odd using a controller on MH PC.

Dalek

The loot system for co-op is terrible. When Im playing Spiderman, why do I have my slots filled with gear for Psylocke which my wife is playing. Then when she goes into inventory management, she puts the piece of gear on and it vanishes from inventory. So confusing.

I agree the inventory system is very confusing.

Splinter bursts still happen, just got five.

I didn't read the FAQ: if I use an experience boost from the founder pack, will I get it back after the beta reset?

I hope they update the PC version with the new control scheme that console has. It sounds good. Even with a steam controller I feel odd using a controller on MH PC.

The PC version has had controller support for a while now. Don't know how different the console version is on that front though.

Ploid 3.0

The PC version has had controller support for a while now. Don't know how different the console version is on that front though.

Yeah, I have a feeling their console version has better controls, especially with the UI that lets you know where your character is pointing. They say it would be a lot of work to bring the console's controller support and UI over to the PC, and that it may be too much to get it working while allowing for a mouse pointer to also work. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could adjust to a custom Steam Controller setup, like Diablo 3 PC, but I at least want the ground indicator, they can have that as an option for bosses and players on keyboard and mouse too. Sometimes among all of the chaos I can't tell where anything is.

Demoskinos

Okay, so I'm confused. The PSN store says quote:
Committed, hardcore players who purchase all five of the Marvel Heroes Omega Founder’s Packs will receive a tremendous dedicated fan bonus that includes:

- Timed Exclusive Symbiote Spider-Man Costume

- Timed Exclusive Hero Iron Fist

Here is the thing though... I count 6 founders packs not 5...

1. Spider-Man
  2. Deadpool
  3. X-Men
  4. Avengers
  5. Warmachine
  6. Guardians of The Galaxy

So what counts and what doesn't then?

Okay, so I'm confused. The PSN store says quote:

Here is the thing though... I count 6 founders packs not 5...

1. Spider-Man
  2. Deadpool
  3. X-Men
  4. Avengers
  5. Warmachine
  6. Guardians of The Galaxy

So what counts and what doesn't then?

No War Machine needed. You unlock Iron Fist and the Spider-Man costume with the other five.

Not going to post a screenshot of my shame!

Lord Phol

Im a bit curious how this plays on PS4 with the different UI and all, but at the same time having spent over 2000 hours on the pc version since its closed beta makes it kind of hard to just start over. I'll probably check this out once it hits open beta, and if I still got it in me to spend time on it I'll play it as a f2p. Never had anything against Gaz but I've always thought the pricing was a bit bonkers. Not that I regret spending the money though, gotten lots of free stuff over the years.

You get 400 as a one-time login bonus one of the first days, plus you get more by completing the story missions (also one-time). Don't be fooled into thinking the rest will be that easy to get!

Gaz changed that, now you get the 400 ES right after completing the prologue the first time.

KodaRuss

I think I might jump into this today. Which pack is recommended? Deadpool is the cheapest but the X-Men kinda hits most of my favorite X-Men characters.

EDIT: I will main Moon Knight if I can get him quickly and he is pretty good so maybe Ill just start with the Deadpool pack

Nudull

Banned
Been playing the Raft mission over and over, taste-testing the roster. Out of everyone so far, I'm digging Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Strange, Punisher and Ant-Man. Definitely going to aim for them as my next few characters.

abundant

Been playing the Raft mission over and over, taste-testing the roster. Out of everyone so far, I'm digging Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Strange, Punisher and Ant-Man. Definitely going to aim for them as my next few characters.

Something that I've been wondering, with a roster this big, do most of the characters feel unique?

Semaj

Neo Member
Loving the game so far, I decided to run with Moon knight and he's pretty fun. How do you join a party? I see if I hit options I can create a public session but how do I join someone else's public session? If anyone wanna group up my psn is SunEL

Something that I've been wondering, with a roster this big, do most of the characters feel unique?

I think so. Obviously alot of the melee guys will kinda blur together a bit (thing and hulk were the two main culprits on pc for a long time) but they did a good enough job of having two similar classes play differently enough that you don't feel like you're just playing a reskin.

Ploid 3.0

Oh I will but there are so many marvel characters I love though lol.

I'm a addict on trying different classes in MMORPGs and arpgs, I have 1k hours in Dragon Age Inquisition, and only finished the main atory on one. I went through a lot of characters in Marvelheroes, but most of the time I was more busy leveling my crafters, saving gear that other characters can use, and trying different builds. Before you know it, you will be picking up random heroes left and right. Random box is in right?

ReaperXL7

I've been doing the same thing. So far my favorites are Ice Man, Hulk, Colossus,Ghost Rider, Kitty Pride, and Blade.

Bobby is easily the one I've been most surprised by, not only are the effects on his abilities pretty awesome but he seems to have a pretty solid variety of fun options in play style. he ended up being my first choice to unlock once I got him to 10.

But I played 2.5/3 hours and got 450

In game currency.

Yeah, that 400 is a one-time thing so you can buy another character. Don't expect that to be the norm. I've also not seem the option to purchase a random hero for 175 splinters, and from my recollection there are only two heroes for 200 splinters. Prices seem higher on several others.

Im a bit curious how this plays on PS4 with the different UI and all, but at the same time having spent over 2000 hours on the pc version since its closed beta makes it kind of hard to just start over. I'll probably check this out once it hits open beta, and if I still got it in me to spend time on it I'll play it as a f2p. Never had anything against Gaz but I've always thought the pricing was a bit bonkers. Not that I regret spending the money though, gotten lots of free stuff over the years.

I'm in a similar boat in terms of play time and all that. I'd say it controls better? Feels smooth. Graphics aren't super impressive, in fact this looks slightly worse than on my dated PC. Text next better scaling, it's tiny on the TV. Pricing, especially stash space, is as ridiculous as ever. Probably more so.

Is it 60 FPS?

What I've noticed is the largest slowdown comes when you try picking up items. That's fairly inexcusable for a loot-based action RPG. I mean, the game literally stutters when you pick up a single item. I haven't seen any massive loot piñatas on the scale of what the PC has, but I'm guessing that won't be great.

Having said that, the PC version doesn't run particularly well in many modes. People with much more capable rigs than mine still deal with slideshow FPS on patrol waves. Whereas on the PS4, I ran Midtown Madness for an hour last night with smooth frames.

As of the last balance update, Ghost Rider is the top dog in running end game bounties. He packs a huge punch and has a great aesthetic. I've not played him a ton since I'm not a massive fan of the character, but if you dig him you can't go wrong there.

Ant-Man is a personal favorite from comics and I love how he plays in game. He was a huge, buggy mess back when he was released, but I messed around with him last night and he seems ironed out.

There are some similarities, and the move to "consolize" the game starting over a year ago did remove some diversity. Pretty much everyone has the same dash skill with three uses. All DOT timers were placed on similar cooldowns and to homogenize their use. The biggest change was removing the possibility of additional skill bars and getting rid of points in your skills. We had a system more similar to Diablo 2, and it's now more in line with Diablo 3.

Most melee characters play somewhat similar. Same for ranged. Two of the most unique heroes are Reed and Sue Richards, and it doesn't sound like they're coming. That's a huge loss for this game as they are visual joys to play.

But there are still some unique options in game. Here are some examples:

- Blade has some unique mechanics and plays like a tempest rush monk from D3.

- Doctor Strange is a very spammy, AOE hero that requires movement and layering incantations all over the screen.

- Hawkeye is the closest thing in gaming to a D2 bowazon.

- Magik can be played very closely to what a D2 necromancer was like.

- Nova is a complete speed monster and relies on dashing all over the screen and layering DOTs that you then explode.

Demoskinos

I really wanna dig into this but reading now that a character wipe is coming makes me not want to invest time right away. Cause if my progress gets wiped ill most likely just drop the game. Especially with FFXIV STORMBLOOD looming.

I really wanna dig into this but reading now that a character wipe is coming makes me not want to invest time right away. Cause if my progress gets wiped ill most likely just drop the game. Especially with FFXIV STORMBLOOD looming.

Yeah, don't play until open beta if you're upset about losing progress. You'll keep everything in the founder packs and your G currency, but no leveling progress or earned splinter currency.

I'd even suggest older players try out next characters they aren't as familiar with during this beta instead of their favorites.

Nudull

Banned
Ant-Man is a personal favorite from comics and I love how he plays in game. He was a huge, buggy mess back when he was released, but I messed around with him last night and he seems ironed out.

That one move that lets you shrink and go ORAORAORAORA on an enemy is really, really fun to spam.

Ploid 3.0

Is there a faster way to earn splinters and can you eventually buy single characters with real money?

When the game is out, collect cube shards in daily terminal runs, buy fortune cards, then collect Bonus Item Find potions. 5 of them max out the rate in which your shield supply meter thing fill up. Fill the meter by killing enemies. When it's full you will get a Shield Supply box. Loot explosion happens when you open the box. Sometimes a lot of eternity splinters will be part of that loot splosion. When they first introduced this mechanic eternity splinters (more than one, maybe 6 each) always dropped among the loot. So many splinters were had.

Recently they changed how people got splinters when doing missions. More than one splinter drops more often when killing random mobs. Hopefully they bring that over to console. I wouldn't gauge how thing are right now as how they expect things to work when they have the game out of beta, or rather until they get into the swing of things and start trying to catch the game up to PC. Example, Team-ups, pets with loot vacuum, one shots, Super Groups, the Shield Supply loot thing.

0af2IIw.png

Recently they changed how people got splinters when doing missions. More than one splinter drops more often when killing random mobs. Hopefully they bring that over to console. I wouldn't gauge how thing are right now as how they expect things to work when they have the game out of beta, or rather until they get into the swing of things and start trying to catch the game up to PC.

I had two instances of 5-6 splinters dropping when playing last night and killing random mobs.

Menome

[INTRO STARTS]

A bunch of big-name villains are escaping!

Green Goblin!

Sabretooth!

...Living Laser?

[RECORD SCRATCH]

Ploid 3.0

I saw a streamer got 5 too. Looks like it might be in now. I'm sure it can happen anywhere, I get them in patrol zones on PC. That's a lot better than 1 per 6 minutes with a 2 or 20 drop happening if Odin smiled on just you on that one day.

ObcSycn.png

When the game is out, collect cube shards in daily terminal runs, buy fortune cards, then collect Bonus Item Find potions. 5 of them max out the rate in which your shield supply meter thing fill up. Fill the meter by killing enemies. When it's full you will get a Shield Supply box. Loot explosion happens when you open the box. Sometimes a lot of eternity splinters will be part of that loot splosion. When they first introduced this mechanic eternity splinters (more than one, maybe 6 each) always dropped among the loot. So many splinters were had.

Recently they changed how people got splinters when doing missions. More than one splinter drops more often when killing random mobs. Hopefully they bring that over to console. I wouldn't gauge how thing are right now as how they expect things to work when they have the game out of beta, or rather until they get into the swing of things and start trying to catch the game up to PC. Example, Team-ups, pets with loot vacuum, one shots, Super Groups, the Shield Supply loot thing.

0af2IIw.png
Thanks so would it be best to do the patrols for them?

Top Bottom