• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Ploid 3.0

Thanks so would it be best to do the patrols for them?

For the shield supply? Yep, it's one of the best ways to collect them. So many enemies to kill. I like Holo-Sim though. I ... no, a Gaz person is here. I'm sure he knows, but eh.

Terminals is also a good place for Shield Supply Box. Ultron Terminal I think (the first one).
----------------

So, it seems console won't escape the UI being covered by notification icons as well. I feel bad for smiling when I saw this. Take that console guys! Please fix on PC Gaz.

xIl2jDe.png

The thing is that there's about a mile of screen real estate bordering the UI (I cropped it out), but they have it right on top of it anyway.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
How is the graphics and frame rate compared to PC?

Bought the war machine bundle since I have the rest on PC, he seems awesome

got my wife to log in so we could see what the co op limitations and stuff are. testing out how loot works, character purchases, all that stuff. Works great for our playstyle

she found a character she liked, so we're all good there and now we're basically done and will be waiting for launch

For the shield supply? Yep, it's one of the best ways to collect them. So many enemies to kill. I like Holo-Sim though. I ... no, a Gaz person is here. I'm sure he knows, but eh.

Terminals is also a good place for Shield Supply Box. Ultron Terminal I think (the first one).
----------------

So, it seems console won't escape the UI being covered by notification icons as well. I feel bad for smiling when I saw this. Take that console guys! Please fix on PC Gaz.

xIl2jDe.png

The thing is that there's about a mile of screen real estate bordering the UI (I cropped it out), but they have it right on top of it anyway.

Thanks! And thanks to everyone else for the tips! Really enjoying this!

Has anyone actually gotten local co-op to work? Do both profiles need PS plus?

They need to sign in to their own profile, and you have to complete the ultron intro tutorial area by yourself, but then the bottom right of the screen shows "press x to join" and they should be able to pick a character

Demoskinos

Yeah, don't play until open beta if you're upset about losing progress. You'll keep everything in the founder packs and your G currency, but no leveling progress or earned splinter currency.

I'd even suggest older players try out next characters they aren't as familiar with during this beta instead of their favorites.

Yeah my fault for not looking into this. Waste of $20 but oh well.

rcl66

[QUOTE="D";234470921]How is the graphics and frame rate compared to PC?[/QUOTE]

Visually it looks good but performance is pretty hitchy. Hard to tell if it's network issues or just loading assets. Switching characters has a very noticeable pause for example. And running around a map with other people and lots of effects it can get very hitchy. Its also noticeable in the inventory menu. Its not a deal breaker for me but if those things bother you it may be a issue. Hoping they can iron it out over the closed beta period.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Visually it looks good but performance is pretty hitchy. Hard to tell if it's network issues or just loading assets. Switching characters has a very noticeable pause for example. And running around a map with other people and lots of effects it can get very hitchy. Its also noticeable in the inventory menu. Its not a deal breaker for me but if those things bother you it may be a issue. Hoping they can iron it out over the closed beta period.

What is the FPS? 60 or 30?

IbukiLordSA

Game is good fun but I really hope they work on the performance issues, there is no reason that this game should not run as smooth as Diablo 3. Graphics are no where near the level of that game and that runs perfectly. This game has continuous slow down and FPS drops all the time. Even with that though it's very fun, think I am level 27 with Magik, her later abilities have been pretty boring though, so hoping for something decent to pop up.

Nudull

Banned
Game is good fun but I really hope they work on the performance issues, there is no reason that this game should not run as smooth as Diablo 3. Graphics are no where near the level of that game and that runs perfectly. This game has continuous slow down and FPS drops all the time. Even with that though it's very fun, think I am level 27 with Magik, her later abilities have been pretty boring though, so hoping for something decent to pop up.

The game crashed on the loading screens quite a few times, but aside from that and that time a particular level got walled around by a gray area, forcing me to restart), performance has been decent for me. When it does want to function, anyway.

JohngPR

[QUOTE="D";234477869]What is the FPS? 60 or 30?[/QUOTE]

It's 60fps...until it isn't. :p

The framerate does maintain 60 FPS more often in indoor areas.

Auraela

Banned
spent over 7k (some of this was me gifting all of gaf items tho) on pc version so kinder a slap in face not being bale to have cross play. in no way shape or form am i buying shit again on consoles.

Respect to the people that can play a ton now, knowing their progress is going to be reset next month. It's really holding me back, I don't want to have to level up my dudes again haha

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Respect to the people that can play a ton now, knowing their progress is going to be reset next month. It's really holding me back, I don't want to have to level up my dudes again haha
I'm just testing a bunch of different characters and avoiding the ones I planned on playing. Fell in love with Dr Strange as a result.

ReaperXL7

I keep going back and forth between if I want to keep going with the beta or not. I don't really regret spending the $20 though since I'll at least get Deadpool and Daredevil at the offical release. Hardest part is that I actually think the game is a lot of fun so even though I know my progress doesn't mean anything right now I still want to play.

It's also giving me an opportunity to send feedback to the devs and test out the characters so I can decide who I want to focus on first when the wipe is over. I might not have discovered how much I enjoy Ice man otherwise.

skybald

How does this game compare to Ultimate Alliance? I did like the first one but never bought the second one ( I will buy the current gen bundle at a steep discount some day).

How is the lore? Does it make sense? Is it any good?

When I first played this year's ago wasn't there a guy in avengers tower that you took all your scraps and metals to in order to fuse or synth items?

Don't seem to see him in this iteration of the game.

How does this game compare to Ultimate Alliance? I did like the first one but never bought the second one ( I will buy the current gen bundle at a steep discount some day).

It's Diablo meets marvel except while you're out and about there are other players running around and helping out.

I caved and bought the Deadpool pack. So far I like Jean Grey and Capt'n Marvel.

Didn't really love Iceman for some reason

Think I'll try Psylocke/StarLord/BlackPanther next.

Had 4 E.Shards drop for me at once when i killed two random dudes.

MH's combat is a lot of cooldown management, more like an MMO, and MUA feels closer to... not quite a brawler, but in that direction.

Ploid 3.0

Psylocke is a beast.

I haven't played her in a long time. I moved to Nightcrawler. I should see how she changed in the new update, I just want to put her costume to use. I like that Nightcrawler is very survivable. Unfortunately I can't main everyone, though with the time in limbo we're currently experiencing, I may have all the time in the world. I want to play Sue too, also Wolverine because of the Fear Itself skin. It may be the most awesome skin in the game to me, sadly he seems lest effective at aoe and survival than Nightcrawler. Maybe he's good for boss stuff.

I need so many more odin marks. I have yet to refund my bow level 80 legendaries. I'll hold out hope that they give us full refund of those s.... just now realizing I'm so far off topic, forgetting I'm in the console beta thread.

Menome

I've been really enjoying my time with Gambit. This iteration of him rewards you for keeping on the move, with powers that compliment that at both short and close range. A stark contrast to the Legends/Alliance games where he was either suited to being an AOE brawler or stand-in-one-spot card-thrower.

More than happy to put down money for a few extra Gs so I can have his classic costume when the game launches properly.

Also, as we have a Gazillion person here: Is the roster of characters we have now the final one for launch, or will there be more added over the course of the two betas?

Didn't realize until this morning you can doom ALL the way in and the characters look amazing in movement while doing so.

This is not ALL the characters though right?

hank_tree

The story is trash.

defiant04

Banned
It's been almost 5 years since I played the PC version… And the only new story content that they added was the Loki thing and Ultron… Pretty disappointing there isn't more story content… Are comicbook style cut scenes and voice overs that expensive?

Auraela

Banned
It's been almost 5 years since I played the PC version... And the only new story content that they added was the Loki thing and Ultron... Pretty disappointing there isn't more story content... Are comicbook style cut scenes and voice overs that expensive?

nope they just got stuck fixing up the game spent two years doing level 52 reviews ( heroes before this got signatures at level 30) they finished the last 52 review then decided lets completey overhaul every skill tree in the game and lets over haul our omega system into infinity and overhaul the items etc and then announce a not so secret planned console version to tie into these changes,

they worked on chapter 10 for 2 years and thats not coming to console version yet, there was meant to be a cosmic ultron zone coming shortly after the films dvd release but took them an extra year and a half to release.

thats just a very very short summarary and missing out many things gazillion took years to implement, and alot of the console changes are things pc players have been begging for since release so yea.

the game license is up in 2019 and alot of people believe this is the last chance for them to get renewal. the game has had a beelding community for a while on pc now due to things above and alot more missed off this post.

for the console players joining expect many bugs whenever a patch drops, and i mean crazy bugs with either broken loot or things dropping too much crafters not working skills not working etc. this is the gazillion way with every patch

So I am trying out PS4 version today and a couple of questions:

1. Will progress be wiped at the end of beta?

2. How is the paywall? Can I play and unlock heroes at a reasonable pace?

3. Any other tips for a newcomer?

So I am trying out PS4 version today and a couple of questions:

1. Will progress be wiped at the end of beta?

2. How is the paywall? Can I play and unlock heroes at a reasonable pace?

3. Any other tips for a newcomer?

Yes

It isn't too bad. You can level any character to 10 and then you have to unlock them. The storage is likely where they'll get you.

Find a few characters that you enjoy. Keeps it fresh

Can you explain what you mean by storage? Thanks.

Your on character inventory is shared between all of the characters that you use. It starts with 40 slots. It fills up very fast. Your storage in the base starts at 50 and can be expanded to 1500

I'm new to this as well but these are my early observations

defiant04

Banned
nope they just got stuck fixing up the game spent two years doing level 52 reviews ( heroes before this got signatures at level 30) they finished the last 52 review then decided lets completey overhaul every skill tree in the game and lets over haul our omega system into infinity and overhaul the items etc and then announce a not so secret planned console version to tie into these changes,

they worked on chapter 10 for 2 years and thats not coming to console version yet, there was meant to be a cosmic ultron zone coming shortly after the films dvd release but took them an extra year and a half to release.

thats just a very very short summarary and missing out many things gazillion took years to implement, and alot of the console changes are things pc players have been begging for since release so yea.

the game license is up in 2019 and alot of people believe this is the last chance for them to get renewal. the game has had a beelding community for a while on pc now due to things above and alot more missed off this post.

for the console players joining expect many bugs whenever a patch drops, and i mean crazy bugs with either broken loot or things dropping too much crafters not working skills not working etc. this is the gazillion way with every patch

Well hell it is free so of course I'm going to check it out lol...thanks for giving me the cliff notes for what's changed...I'm actually surprised it took them 5 years to come to consoles.

Game is a lot of fun. There are only a couple things I'm giving the side eye. Menu and UI navigation, and performance.

I'm pretty confident the menu stuff can be sorted out easily, just tuning values especially for the radial menu in the inventory screen. It's a little loose?

The performance stuff might have to do with loading assets while traveling in the world or lots of effects on screen. Wouldn't some dynamic resolution scaling help that? And for the PS4 Pro - They have to find a way to take advantage of that soon. It could really help with how the game runs. 1080p with consistent frame rate would do wonders.

"D"

So Cyclops' beam moves have no knockback? I mean that kinda defeats the purpose of his power. Can any PC players confirm this?

[QUOTE="D";234519265]So Cyclops' beam moves have no knockback? I mean that kinda defeats the purpose of his power. Can any PC players confirm this?[/QUOTE]

I feel like they might when you get to a certain level, when you can alter how certain attacks work. Plus you get gear eventually that will change how attacks behave.

Top Bottom