• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Figured as such. I'm game.

It looks like I'm limited to the $20 packs, so it's coming down to Deadpool, Spidey or War Machine.

Any thoughts?

I don't care for War Machine.

Deadpool is an ideal starter character. He requires NO resources (unlike other characters), has an excellent teleport ability to move around quickly, and has viable melee and ranged build options. He lacks durability, but has excellent health regen and life on hit. If you keep moving, he's amazing.

Spidey ends up being a very strong melee/ranged hybrid. He benefits from dodge, deflection, and defense so he can be tanky. Webswinging is fun and I really enjoy his animations.

I haven't played since the recent changes, so they may have been nerfed to pieces, but those are my thoughts.

Here's the theoretical "max" damage setup for characters on the PC. Console version balancing may be totally different, and these aren't gospel because it's just beating a dummy that doesn't hit back, but food for thought.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzRx9LoiXm2FF6nOFAlY4w75nLm0FJ2eRdi-Ffd9HZY/htmlview#gid=0

Black panther seem weak?

At max level, fully geared, Black Panther is a complete monster. Top five character for me. Amazing mobility, sexy skills, very durable, and he pumps out a ton of damage. I love his rotation. He can also go invisible whenever you want to get out of bad situations.

Orca

Watching Andrew Hair stream the game and he bought inventory space for 200 G...5 slots.

Even he said 'that can't be right, it's 50 isn't it? 200 G for 5 spaces...that's....well, I don't set the prices guys.'

I don't care for War Machine.

Deadpool is an ideal starter character. He requires NO resources (unlike other characters), has an excellent teleport ability to move around quickly, and has viable melee and ranged build options. He lacks durability, but has excellent health regen and life on hit. If you keep moving, he's amazing.

Spidey ends up being a very strong melee/ranged hybrid. He benefits from dodge, deflection, and defense so he can be tanky. Webswinging is fun and I really enjoy his animations.

I haven't played since the recent changes, so they may have been nerfed to pieces, but those are my thoughts.

Here's the theoretical "max" damage setup for characters on the PC. Console version balancing may be totally different, and these aren't gospel because it's just beating a dummy that doesn't hit back, but food for thought.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzRx9LoiXm2FF6nOFAlY4w75nLm0FJ2eRdi-Ffd9HZY/htmlview#gid=0

At max level, fully geared, Black Panther is a complete monster. Top five character for me. Amazing mobility, sexy skills, very durable, and he pumps out a ton of damage. I love his rotation. He can also go invisible whenever you want to get out of bad situations.
Ooo will put him on my must buy list then.

Nudull

Banned

Seems like BP and Ant-Man may be solid choices for my second character (going by personal tastes :) )

So switched over to civil war costume, that makes spider-man shorter and not as built but still fun to play but I wonder.....Does symboite Spidey have a different move set or just different animations?

Oh because I didn't buy the founders pack I didn't get the symbiote suit? Balls, should have been included with the rest of the Spidey pack.

Seems like BP and Ant-Man may be solid choices for my second character (going by personal tastes :) )

I love playing as both characters, and have mained them at different times. Actually red prestiged both and have BP on his cosmic journey when I took my most recent break.

Ultimately, the very best advice in this game is to play as a character you like. I say that as a PC founder who owns the entire roster, has done all the raiding content, and have seen the Gaz balancing game. They might do better on consoles, but chasing flavor of the month heroes is pointless.

I cosmic prestiged Iron Fist when he was trash because I loved his play style, then he was buffed into an unstoppable beast, then tuned back down. My very first level 60, the Punisher, was complete garbage before his revision. Then for about a month he was almost twice as strong as any character in the game, before getting beat back down.

The point is, numbers can be tweaked, but the play style and visual appeal of the hero does not.

So switched over to civil war costume, that makes spider-man shorter and not as built but still fun to play but I wonder.....Does symboite Spidey have a different move set or just different animations?

Oh because I didn't buy the founders pack I didn't get the symbiote suit? Balls, should have been included with the rest of the Spidey pack.

It changes his webbing to black, and that's about it. Visually, the Superior costume is more diverse in that the extra arms are animated.

BUT the symbiote costume is the holy grail on PC because it's impossible to get. Unless you were a $200 founder, it's closed forever. I personally prefer the Gwen and Noir costumes on him.

ZeroFate

Is anyone else having trouble starting the initial download for this?? Just purchased a founders pack but it won't let me download.

Liking the game so far. I bought Spidey but have been playing as Thor. I think he'll be the guy I spend my in-game currency on next as he's always been one of my favorites, though hearing that Colossus is good in this game makes me want to check him out, too. I'm mostly just glad this finally came to console, and happy that the server issues seem to have been sorted by the time I got home from work. Looking forward to playing over the weekend, it's my first weekend off in months and the timing worked out perfectly. This is gonna put a dent in my Persona 5 time, but I'm ok with that.

I'll defer to guys like Dec who mained Thor forever, but my understanding is he's absolutely stellar in both ranged and melee builds. The numbers seem to back that up.

I remember he was the first character I played on the closed beta and liked the flashy lightning skills. Very solid costume options, as well, including Jane.

Phloxy

Recorded the first 30 minutes with the PS4pro, boost mode enabled, no commentary. So people on the fence can get a look for themselves. I try to show all the options and be thorough with what they throw at you in the opening moments.
https://youtu.be/dru-S2U32sY

Well it ain't great on PS4 Pro, so... :/

Performance reminds me of early DC Universe Online on the PS3. Chugging in the menus while you have some hiccups during gameplay. The game is playable but some of the performance drop can be bothersome.

Hopefully they can iron out some of the perfromance problems when the game launches.

Got a long day tomorrow, calling it a night, but I have enough purple shards to pretty much buy everyone but Deadpool at the moment. Whomever I unlock via shards won't be available once the game launches correct? I can't make a decision tonight. I'm loving Spidey at the moment.

Performance reminds me of early DC Universe Online on the PS3. Chugging in the menus while you have some hiccups during gameplay. The game is playable but some of the performance drop can be bothersome.

Hopefully they can iron out some of the perfromance problems when the game launches.

Agreed, totally playable but plenty of room for improvement.

When I was playing seriously, Thor was my main. Not only was he strong (dps) and durable but I found his rotation to be interesting. Lots of good costumes too.

I haven't played much on pc since the big changes a few months ago and I'm not playing on console so I make no claims there.

Edit: marvelheroes.info has builds.

When I was playing seriously, Thor was my main. Not only was he strong (dps) and durable but I found his rotation to be interesting. Lots of good costumes too.

I haven't played much on pc since the big changes a few months ago and I'm not playing on console so I make no claims there.

Edit: marvelheroes.info has builds.
Thanks!
I need to register to use the builds. Is there another site that gives tips on building characters?

Will this be a full price game? Or cheaper and you have to buy the characters?

The final/full release will be free. You can try characters up to level 10 for free and gain 400 Eternity Splinters after the prologue to buy one character from the roster (though a few cost 600). You continue to earn splinters as you play and can also pay real money to buy characters.

For now though you do need to buy a Founder's Pack to gain beta access.

Has there been word on whether the closed beta will come to Australia and New Zealand next week? I know it's delayed due to an issue with the classification, but I haven't seen confirmation that it's still coming, only that it's not available this weekend.

Who's Hella good in this game? How's cable lookin?

Non-existant as of now. :p

Kinda depends on what play-style suits you. Melee, ranged, bit of both... Me, I like getting up close and wrecking fools, so the burlier heroes like Colossus suit me fine. Deadpool is a fun mix of melee and ranged attacks.

The loot system for co-op is terrible. When Im playing Spiderman, why do I have my slots filled with gear for Psylocke which my wife is playing. Then when she goes into inventory management, she puts the piece of gear on and it vanishes from inventory. So confusing.

Looked over the new synergies. Looks like Squirrel Girl (+4% damage to bosses) and Hawkeye (+3% critical damage, 2% movement speed) are the top bets.

Magik and Rocket for summoners, totaling +10% summon damage and some health on hit.

All synergies feel a bit worse than what I remember on PC, might be wrong.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Looked over the new synergies. Looks like Squirrel Girl (+4% damage to bosses) and Hawkeye (+3% critical damage, 2% movement speed) are the top bets.

Magik and Rocket for summoners, totaling +10% summon damage and some health on hit.

All synergies feel a bit worse than what I remember on PC, might be wrong.

Are you looking them over in the game or is there an online resource that I can use to see this info?

styl3s

When did they completely revamp the skills system where you no longer dump points into skills? Not a fan of this system at all. part of the fun (for me at least) was putting together builds and dumping points into skills every time i leveled up.

Are you looking them over in the game or is there an online resource that I can use to see this info?

In game. I'll type out the full list, one minute.

Angela - 2.5% cooldown power damage, +1 speed
Ant-Man - 5 bonus credits per drop, +1 strength
Beast - 2% melee, +1 intel
Black Panther - 3% movement speed, 2% melee
Black Widow - 2% melee, 2% ranged
Blade - health on hit, 3% attack speed
Captain America - 4% deflect rating
Captain Marvel - 2.5% energy, 2.5% hand-to-hand
Colossus - 3% health, 2% defense
Cyclops - 2.5% energy, resources on enemy defeat
Daredevil - 3% damage enemies/elites, 2% melee
Deadpool - 2.5% explosive power, 0.25% health regen/sec
Doctor Strange - 5% magic power
Gambit - 5 bonus credits per drop, +1 energy
Ghost Rider - 5% fire
Hawkeye - 2% movement, 3% critical damage
Hulk - 6% health
Iceman - 5% ice
Iron Fist - 2.5% hand-to-hand, 0.25% health regen/sec
Iron Man - 4.5% ranged
Jean Grey - 2.5% psychic, 2% ranged
Kitty Pryde - 2% dodge, 2% deflect
Luke Cage - 2% defense, +1 durability
Magik - health on hit, 5% summon
Moon Knight - 10% damage when below 50% health
Nova - 3% movement, 2% dodge
Psylocke - 2.5% psychic, 2.5% melee
Punisher - 2.5% guns, 2.5% ranged
Rocket Raccoon - 5% summon (straight up worse than Magik)
Scarlet Witch - 10% damage over time effectiveness
She-Hulk - 3% health, 0.25% health regen/sec
Spider-Man - 4% dodge
Squirrel Girl - 4% damage vs bosses
Star-Lord - 2.5% guns, +10 resources
Storm - 2.5% ice, 2.5% electric
Thor - 2% defense, 2.5% electric
War Machine - +10 resources, +1 fighting
Wolverine - 5% claw powers

ReaperXL7

So I got Hulk and Ghost Rider to 10 and I'm really digging both of them, but then out of no where cometh the Ice Man and he seems pretty awesome also. I like Bobby but never even considered playing him until I gave him a shot.

Also tried Star Lord but I don't think I'm enjoying his play style, he seems like he could be fun if you gel with his abilities but I couldn't get a good feel for the way his skills work. It mostly seems to be about his elemental gun.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
In game. I'll type out the full list, one minute.

Angela - 2.5% cooldown power damage, +1 speed
Ant-Man - 5 bonus credits per drop, +1 strength
Beast - 2% melee, +1 intel
Black Panther - 3% movement speed, 2% melee
Black Widow - 2% melee, 2% ranged
Blade - health on hit, 3% attack speed
Captain America - 4% deflect rating
Captain Marvel - 2.5% energy, 2.5% hand-to-hand
Colossus - 3% health, 2% defense
Cyclops - 2.5% energy, resources on enemy defeat
Daredevil - 3% damage enemies/elites, 2% melee
Deadpool - 2.5% explosive power, 0.25% health regen/sec
Doctor Strange - 5% magic power
Gambit - 5 bonus credits per drop, +1 energy
Ghost Rider - 5% fire
Hawkeye - 2% movement, 3% critical damage
Hulk - 6% health
Iceman - 5% ice
Iron Fist - 2.5% hand-to-hand, 0.25% health regen/sec
Iron Man - 4.5% ranged
Jean Grey - 2.5% psychic, 2% ranged
Kitty Pryde - 2% dodge, 2% deflect
Luke Cage - 2% defense, +1 durability
Magik - health on hit, 5% summon
Moon Knight - 10% damage when below 50% health
Nova - 3% movement, 2% dodge
Psylocke - 2.5% psychic, 2.5% melee
Punisher - 2.5% guns, 2.5% ranged
Rocket Raccoon - 5% summon (straight up worse than Magik)
Scarlet Witch - 10% damage over time effectiveness
She-Hulk - 3% health, 0.25% health regen/sec
Spider-Man - 4% dodge
Squirrel Girl - 4% damage vs bosses
Star-Lord - 2.5% guns, +10 resources
Storm - 2.5% ice, 2.5% electric
Thor - 2% defense, 2.5% electric
War Machine - +10 resources, +1 fighting
Wolverine - 5% claw powers

Wow! Thanks for typing that out!!

So I got Hulk and Ghost Rider to 10 and I'm really digging both of them, but then out of no where cometh the Ice Man and he seems pretty awesome also. I like Bobby but never even considered playing him until I gave him a shot.

Also tried Star Lord but I don't think I'm enjoying his play style, he seems like he could be fun if you gel with his abilities but I couldn't get a good feel for the way his skills work. It mostly seems to be about his elemental gun.

Star-Lord was a favorite of mine until his review. I loved the old mobile style and calling in huge bombs. Not a fan of the new elemental gun stuff.

Wow! Thanks for typing that out!!

On a tablet no less. Who loves you?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The final/full release will be free. You can try characters up to level 10 for free and gain 400 Eternity Splinters after the prologue to buy one character from the roster (though a few cost 600). You continue to earn splinters as you play and can also pay real money to buy characters.

For now though you do need to buy a Founder's Pack to gain beta access.

Oh neat, that wasn't a thing when I played on PC years ago. Means I can get Moon Knight right away without spending any money, awesome.

About how long does it take to gather enough shards for a 400ES character now? Already decided on aiming for Blade, Ghost Rider (though I know he's way more than 400), and Punisher as my next characters.

Been playing this almost nonstop since the servers went up. I was always jealous of PC gamers getting this, as it looked like the follow up to Ultimate Alliance we never got. Technical hiccups aside, it's a blast. Can't wait for it to go open beta so my buddies will jump in.

Totally rocking Deadpool and Squirrel Girl as my main two. Still don't know who to spend my shards on, but it being a closed beta with everything wiping in a few weeks I'll just pick any 400 shard character instead of saving up 600 for the others.

ElRenoRaven

When did they completely revamp the skills system where you no longer dump points into skills? Not a fan of this system at all. part of the fun (for me at least) was putting together builds and dumping points into skills every time i leveled up.

It's not so bad. Just got into it. Hadn't played PC version in probably 9 months and dear god did the game drastically change. Glad to see you can set up PC to play like console version but relearning everything is hard. Insane how much they changed everything including the missions etc.

Top Bottom