• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

image.php

Your fucking avatar Emp.

I warned you.

That you did.

-----------

Okay, time for more free to play reviews on PS4.

DC Universe Online: Boring for me. Started it up because I had a character and when I did had to reset my skills all over again. The World felt drab and dull, the combat is boring and it doesn't feel....fun. pass for me.

Blacklight Retribution: Pretty damn decent if I say so myself. The matches are tense, even though some guns lack that oomph that would make them feel powerful, like the shotgun. But I digress. It's a fun game for me.

Planetside 2: Decent. The feeling of seeing hundreds of players fighting each other kinda fades after a while but it's still rather enjoyable.

Faustek

All this damn Panthering is making me wanna Panther.

Don't do it. The body can only take so much before breaking down!
I've come to accept my decent into fatty bonbon.

Negima is a good harem series. But the king is TWGOK.

Negima manga only became good when it turned into a hotbloooooooooooooded fighting manga with pretty lights.

Seinen is usually my cup of tea but the mindless fighting shonen mangas can grab me from time to time. Btw, Gats finally made land but will Mushashi ever meet Kojiro again?

Zaverious

Need to get back into reading manga. Read a lot of stuff in a bunch of different genres then it just dwindled to Naruto and Bleach. Was reading Hinomaru Zumou and Prison School last year and year before then I just stopped.

Slayven

I was reading this manga where this disease caused people's heads to turn into animal heads and start eating people. A giraffe can do damage, forgot the name of it

That sounds like something. Worth reading?

That's pretty much the only portion in existence. It's a one-shot so far; basically a pitch to be considered for a series which sadly it hasn't yet. It's only about 2 years old so there's still a chance for a pick up.

Zekes!

Just found out I'm getting $200 instead of $100 from this job I did one shift for.

I'll treat everyone to some food but only from the dollar menu

I released my Volume 2 this morning because sales of the first book had slowed down enough

I really want to work on my Graphic Novel / Black Super Hero story I have been dreaming about but I got so many requests from parents to create coloring book for children with Sickle Cell I should at least one of those before diving into a graphic novel.

I am not sure if I should just do a full graphic novel or release chapters as stand alone comic books or like manga chapters before releasing the complete volume

my super hero is for Sickle Cell Disease awareness, all of his powers are from a mutation of the disease a really strange story.

I released my Volume 2 this morning because sales of the first book had slowed down enough

I really want to work on my Graphic Novel / Black Super Hero story I have been dreaming about but I got so many requests from parents to create coloring book for children with Sickle Cell I should at least one of those before diving into a graphic novel.

I am not sure if I should just do a full graphic novel or release chapters as stand alone comic books or like manga chapters before releasing the complete volume

my super hero is for Sickle Cell Disease awareness, all of his powers are from a mutation of the disease a really strange story.

Oh that's awesome, dude. I'm gonna guess that your books sales were well?

Oh that's awesome, dude. I'm gonna guess that your books sales were well?

It was my first book so not sure what is well but I am happy with the sales so far

I released the first book June 14, from June 14 through June 30 sold 255 on amazon
from July 1 to today sold 31 the report is missing 30 books I know was purchased and delivered but not showing up for the month. It could take up to 4 months for sales to show up according to FAQ section of the Print on Demand company I used.

so I would say 300+ books sold I am happy with it, I was expecting less

Slayven

Reminds me of the Ant. Black woman that can form body armor around herself due to her high blood sugar
617678-ant.jpg

It was my first book so not sure what is well but I am happy with the sales so far

I released the first book June 14, from June 14 through June 30 sold 255 on amazon
from July 1 to today sold 31 the report is missing 30 books I know was purchased and delivered but not showing up for the month. It could take up to 4 months for sales to show up according to FAQ section of the Print on Demand company I used.

Congrats on the sales, man. Hope everything goes well for you in the future.

Mizerman

Awesome job. Keep it up.

NoName999

Been driving for 15 years, never had an accident. Now I accidentally rear ended a van and my rates are probably going to be jacked. :(

Congrats on the sales, man. Hope everything goes well for you in the future.

Thanks!

Awesome job. Keep it up.

thanks and thanks a lot of you guys for the sales too

Reminds me of the Ant. Black woman that can form body armor around herself due to her high blood sugar
617678-ant.jpg

heh that is pretty cool

my dude is a shape-shufter so he can look like anything he wants, huge muscles as big as hulk or slim teen like spider-man

I want to give him some interesting blood powers he will not be super though just not hittable punching him is like punching water. It is a blood power so it will be flowing like water but he just turns his whole body into blood. I want to put a lot of science into it so I want to get some of the things right. Still researching.

I was thinking his fighting style is based on Bruce Lee's famous 'be like water' quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

he is a stupid Bruce Lee fan so I want to make him a lot like Bruce Leroy
shape shifter so he can pull off all types of fan service cultural references

He saves people but some strange person he took the shape of takes credit

imagine Barack Obama stopping a bank robbery with Jeet kune Do moves

he can cure any genetic illness by touching a person

he can travel the world in a unique ways that is not flying but something new that I had not seen done before... I'll save those ideas for the book :)

the name I am going for is the Zulu word for blood Igazi

not sure if it will be the hero name or just the book title

I have a lot of ideas just really going to take a lot of time to draw all of these pages
I purchased manga studio just for this project but ended up using it for the coloring books so I can learn my way around the program before I started IGAZI

Been driving for 15 years, never had an accident. Now I accidentally rear ended a van and my rates are probably going to be jacked. :(
that sucks.

damn, that was my first type of accident too, rare ended a stupid tourist in Fort-Lauderdale Florida

worst part is that always looks like your fault no matter if that person hit the breaks suddenly

Barrack probably could if he wanted.

And congratulations Smiles. I'm happy for you Naz ✊��

thanks, I think he could too man I just miss the dude

Slayven

Thanks!

thanks and thanks a lot of you guys for the sales too

heh that is pretty cool

my dude is a shape-shufter so he can look like anything he wants, huge muscles as big as hulk or slim teen like spider-man

I want to give him some interesting blood powers he will not be super though just not hittable punching him is like punching water. It is a blood power so it will be flowing like water but he just turns his whole body into blood. I want to put a lot of science into it so I want to get some of the things right. Still researching.

I was thinking his fighting style is based on Bruce Lee's famous 'be like water' quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

he is a stupid Bruce Lee fan so I want to make him a lot like Bruce Leroy
shape shifter so he can pull off all types of fan service cultural references

He saves people but some strange person he took the shape of takes credit

imagine Barack Obama stopping a bank robbery with Jeet kune Do moves

he can cure any genetic illness by touching a person

he can travel the world in a unique ways that is not flying but something new that I had not seen done before... I'll save those ideas for the book :)

the name I am going for is the Zulu word for blood Igazi

not sure if it will be the hero name or just the book title

I have a lot of ideas just really going to take a lot of time to draw all of these pages
I purchased manga studio just for this project but ended up using it for the coloring books so I can learn my way around the program before I started IGAZI
Sounds awesome, need more good black superheroes. And they can't all shoot electricity
Barrack probably could if he wanted.

And congratulations Smiles. I'm happy for you Naz ✊🏾

Obama is a secret master of These Hands No Jutsu

Well, there is timid dude who gets physically and emotionally abuse by the resident tsundere and there's a lecherous asshole who has a mansion full of partially nude maids. Also, there's a lesbian who borders on being a rapist.
There was a time where they didn't let lesbians not be rapist or suicidal

Top Bottom