• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

that sounds kind of nightmarish lol

That's why i recommend watching some videos as people who really want polish of combat over exploration and quests will be angry and give it a negative review.

I personally love it but I also loved Risen 1-3 so I knew exactly what I was getting. Also combat isnt as bad as 3rd person elder scrolls but it was the closest I could come up with :p

ShogunX

Gah, I only finally added a Steam authenticator last Saturday, so I can't actually sell anything on the market until tomorrow.

Also just finally got Enhanced Steam, says my card potential card monies is about $20.

That's not too bad I guess.

Had the same problem here, 15 days until I can use the market. Seems a bit harsh.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's why i recommend watching some videos as people who really want polish of combat over exploration and quests will be angry and give it a negative review.

I personally love it but I also loved Risen 1-3 so I knew exactly what I was getting. Also combat isnt as bad as 3rd person elder scrolls but it was the closest I could come up with :p
yeah i know, i've enjoyed my share of janky games in the past so i know what it's like, just the description itself wasn't doing the game many favors, which is probably a safe way of going at it since overpromising for these kind of games is usually not a good idea

personally i only played a bit of risen 1 and didn't like it, but this looks kind of neat

i like jetpacks

Hektor

617c0bf4b3.png

Hope you feel bad now

PaulSane

Bought Lost Dimension about a year ago during a PSN sale and still haven't finished it.
I like the battle system and the premise is interesting but I always end up prioritizing other games.
It's supposed to be relatively short so I really should finish it, shame my favorite waifu died on the first trial.
This game has low budget written all over it but with that launch discount I definitely recommend jumping on it if you're interested.

FWIW, the characters who die or live through the story are randomly chosen at the start of a new game (and NG+, for that matter).

You can also kill off innocent people by manipulating votes if you want :p

Tonton

All I know about the SAO games coming to Steam is that makes me not want to buy the next Digimon for my PSTV

I'm waiting for a PC port this time

Parsnip

I think I'm going to finally give Elliot Quest a shot after I 100% AC Rogue, which I'm about to do soon.

At this point I do believe the new client is close to being released. The only reason for releasing them this frequently is preparing it for the big one.

Hey that's what I said.

Jadax

Oh ffs. Just got Witcher 3, thought it'd be 35GB max - forgot about DLC sizes, and it crosses 50GB
wtzgU.gif

Sucks to be on a cap.

Tonton

Here it is, sorry about entering about something I already had, will be more careful next time

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tonton, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-37C83984357057AC - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1508611790z1.png

Vlad

Oh no, one particular indie game flopped regardless of its quality. RIP gaming.

Actually, that game is one that I've really gone back and forth on whether to play it. I've installed it and uninstalled several times without launching it once.

I remember trying the demo for this a while back, and while I thought it had a kind of interesting idea and the writing was ok, it didn't exactly rocket to the top of my wishlist.

zkylon

zkylewd
the evil within is 40gb, sheesh

that's something i miss from my pirate days, having all those rips that would drop games to like 2gbs was a blessing

I think I'm going to finally give Elliot Quest a shot after I 100% AC Rogue, which I'm about to do soon.

Hey that's what I said.

It's really cool.

Doesn't shy away from its obvious references and roots but also doesn't get all twisted up patting its own back about how clever it is, like a lot tend to do.

It's just a simply-presented, solid-as-fuck game.

Tizoc

Cuphead is some good 2D action gaming goodness. It's like they took the Megaman/Contra formula, smacked classic cartoon animation style to it and made a set bunch of stages and challenges around it.
So friggin' good.
Some bosses need one to be more focused though. Like the Blue boss early in the game. I keep messing up my timing on when and when not to dash =_=

xist

So I know every 10 Steam levels is supposed to have an effect upon your Booster Pack drop rate but in practice has anyone noticed it matters? Do any of you with huge level Steam accounts get Boosters all the time?

Top Bottom