• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Uzzy

Quote Shakespeare some more pls.

yhLkity.png

wol93

Banned
ps3+vita

I'd say it should run fine on most rigs nowadays, so don't worry about it too much.

thats a pretty big jump from the minimum req.

Lol, it's one of the most basic 3D games on PS3, take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you :)
I edited my post, can anyone answer my question, please? =)

Checking requirement for this game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/626600/Lost_Dimension/

i7 and GTX960. How possibile lol ?
Wasn't this a PSVITA game ?

Also, if a game list only an intel cpu as requirement, it does mean that that game won't work on AMD?
like this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/340170/FINAL_FANTASY_TYPE0_HD/

Tizoc

Could someone explain the difference between downsampling and MSAA?
I thought they were the same thing. I generally would set a game to MSAA x2 if I could, but I would mostly do that with older games, eg. Ghostbusters. I always thought I was downsampling from like 2K into 1080p :p

Knurek

Could someone explain the difference between downsampling and MSAA?
I thought they were the same thing. I generally would set a game to MSAA x2 if I could, but I would mostly do that with older games, eg. Ghostbusters. I always thought I was downsampling from like 2K into 1080p :p

Downsampling aka SSAA is just rendering the whole game at higher resolution and scaling down to your monitor one.
MSAA is doing the same, but only for the geometry edges (so, each pixel at edge is samples 2,4 or 8 times).

Tizoc

Downsampling aka SSAA is just rendering the whole game at higher resolution and scaling down to your monitor one.
MSAA is doing the same, but only for the geometry edges (so, each pixel at edge is samples 2,4 or 8 times).

I take it is possible to use both together right?

Tizoc

^Don't you mean Doom 2016?

idk i like how rage looks, that game was worth its size

doom was like 90gb and it was like whatever

glad they're toning the neon down, the demo was kind of silly looking

Rage didn't look too impressive visuals wise. There are very very few sections or locations that looked good.

madjoki

So I know every 10 Steam levels is supposed to have an effect upon your Booster Pack drop rate but in practice has anyone noticed it matters? Do any of you with huge level Steam accounts get Boosters all the time?

Now that new inventory history shows booster drops, someone should make script to collect that data from there and analyze it.

But last checked last 4 boosters manually:

~5 days (level 126), 3373 eligible for booster

And other results:

level 20 ~10 days, 1118 eligible for booster
level 10 ~12 days, 693 eligible for booster

So at level 120 you can get ~73 boosters a year. That's about 4,4€ assuming 2 cents profit per card. And half of that at level 20.

For level 120, you need about 100€ worth of cards, so it probably doesn't matter in practice.

Mivey

Man, it looks unrecognizable from the original, and I only played it earlier this year.
How terrible. They should delete everything they have done so far, and just release a perfect remaster of the original.
Except they already have, and I would be glad to see a modern take on Citadel Station that doesn't copy every single detail from the original. Hell, even something that seems unrecognizable is a good thing, because it doesn't look like it was designed in 1994.

How terrible. They should delete everything they have done so far, and just release a perfect remaster of the original.

That's not what I'm saying, nor was it intended to be a criticism. I was having trouble placing where it would be in the original game.

And yes, it was the enhanced edition that I played. Mouselook is a godsend for this game.

Mivey

That's not what I'm saying, nor was it intended to be a criticism. I was having trouble placing where it would be in the original game.

And yes, it was the enhanced edition that I played. Mouselook is a godsend for this game.
Ah, then don't mind what I wrote. I am just already seeing backers raging because they are taking some liberties.

Gah, I only finally added a Steam authenticator last Saturday, so I can't actually sell anything on the market until tomorrow.

Also just finally got Enhanced Steam, says my card potential card monies is about $20.

That's not too bad I guess.
You just starting with steam? how cute. Be ready to wipe the tears of your wallet when it cries after a steam sale.

My Steam client keeps failing to run on Windows startup.

k96fnwf.png

It's actually there in the process list, but it's not actually running. The tray icon is not showing and I can't launch my games. I have to force close it and run it manually to make it work. It's been like this for months and it's starting to get on my nerves.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
My Steam client keeps failing to run on Windows startup.

k96fnwf.png

It's actually there in the process list, but it's not actually running. The tray icon is not showing and I can't launch my games. I have to force close it and run it manually to make it work. It's been like this for months and it's starting to get on my nerves.

This has been happening to my sister, too. Are you using Windows 10?

Top Bottom