• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

C4rter

Finished The Evil Within 2, it was a really good game, took a little bit to really get me interested but it finished strong and I had a really good time along the way. Might do a New Game + play through some day when I don't have a bunch of other stuff to play. Took me 12 hours total, didn't over stay it's welcome.

Wow 12 hours is a fast one. I'm currently at 21 hours and have four chapters ahead of me. Really like the game. The combination of a few more open chapter and some not so open chapters is really good.

Wow 12 hours is a fast one. I'm currently at 21 hours and have four chapters ahead of me. Really like the game. The combination of a few more open chapter and some not so open chapters is really good.

I played on casual so it wasn't too difficult. I feel like I did all the side stuff too.

Jimrpg

PES 2018 BAL mode. Just picked up the game.

I just finished a season in Master League - took ages though, 38 matches is a lot. Played in La Liga 2 with Real Vallecano on top player difficulty, best players were G. Bou (46 goals) and Nasri. Looking forward to beating Real Madrid and Barcelona next season.

I also just started FM2017, the last one I played was FM2015, and I already noticed lots of improvements. I used to think most FMs were quite similar except for the updated rosters, and while that's still true, there's a ridiculous amount of detail in everything now. Its almost too much. I wanted to play Stockport, but I didn't realise they were in Vanarama North... wages on average per player are 250 pounds a week. There's no transfer budget. :| It's going to take a while to get to the champions league.

KainXVIII

Anybody watched Ross's Game Dungeon video about LiS (yes, first episode of original game)? That was hilarious 😀
https://youtu.be/_DNEaXiXaQ8
QLZNMoh.png

KainXVIII

LOST SPHEAR Day-One Edition is 1999 rubles on Steam (just like any AAA games in Russia), Square, what are you doing? 😅

The Evil Within 2 has been sitting at 73k owners for days. So I guess that's that.

Even Elex is on its way to overcoming that with 66k owners in 4 days.

data

Anyone here know how to get the Windows 10 emoji thing to pop up? I did the fall update, trying to press windows key + . or ; and it won't work

Edit: It only works on the EN-US keyboard.

City 17

Anyway, Elex is so good. 10 hours already and can't stop playing.
Music to my ears.

-Does it still have the good ole cloth made maps that give you next to no info, with NPCs giving you directions or is it Ubified?
-Do you get exp. for both killing stuff and completing quests? And the trainer system, is it like before?
-Does it have interesting monster designs like the fieldraiders, scavengers etc. with strange sounds in Gothic or more generic types like Risen?

Music to my ears.

-Does it still have the good ole cloth made maps that give you next to no info, with NPCs giving you directions or is it Ubified?
-Do you get exp. for both killing stuff and completing quests? And the trainer system, is it like before?
-Does it have interesting monster designs like the fieldraiders, scavengers etc. with strange sounds in Gothic or more generic types like Risen?

- the map shows nothing at first, but as you found teleporters and NPCs (traders & trainers) they'll be marked on it, and I think that's all. Oh, and quest marker but you only get to mark 1 quest at a time.
- Yes, you get exp from everything, even from choosing skill checks in dialogue options
- The monsters are horrific, like the combination of animals molded into abominations.

I didn't remember my time with Gothic games but some folks said that it's a love letter to Gothic 1 & 2 fans.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Anyway, Elex is so good. 10 hours already and can't stop playing.

That's great to hear. I hope the game does okay for PB and Nordic
As soon as I finish Divinity II I'm gonna start with Elex
(Tho I just started my third concurrent playthrough of that game so it might take a while)

Monooboe

Can everybody just buy Hollow Knight? It's so good! After 20 hours I still find new places and it continues to feel new.

Though, I should be quite at the end now. It is so easily my GOTY thus far.

Tizoc

Can everybody just buy Hollow Knight? It's so good! After 20 hours I still find new places and it continues to feel new.

I backed the game but in the end it wasnt for me
It has lots of good points tho.

sprinkles

After 20 hours of Shadow of War, I am kinda done with the game.

I don't like the whole attacking & defending Fortresses system. If you do not take your time and get rid of every single Warchief before the siege you end up fighting 5+ captains at the same time and that is just not fun, but stressful and chaotic.

I will probably finish the "normal" story and then be done with the game just in time for Destiny 2. Which is sad, because I loved Shadow of Mordor and 100%'d that one.

Monooboe

Halloween sale.

It really is a good Halloween game, even with it's cartoony style it is quite eerie.

I backed the game but in the end it wasnt for me
It has lots of good points tho.

What didn't you like about it? I usually don't like hard games or more hard boss fights, but rest of the game makes up for it so much that I've been determined to beat them all.:D

City 17

- the map shows nothing at first, but as you found teleporters and NPCs (traders & trainers) they'll be marked on it, and I think that's all. Oh, and quest marker but you only get to mark 1 quest at a time.
- Yes, you get exp from everything, even from choosing skill checks in dialogue options
- The monsters are horrific, like the combination of animals molded into abominations.

I didn't remember my time with Gothic games but some folks said that it's a love letter to Gothic 1 & 2 fans.
Thanks, I'll definitely get it down the road.

Tizoc

After 20 hours of Shadow of War, I am kinda done with the game.

I don't like the whole attacking & defending Fortresses system. If you do not take your time and get rid of every single Warchief before the siege you end up fighting 5+ captains at the same time and that is just not fun, but stressful and chaotic.

I will probably finish the "normal" story and then be done with the game just in time for Destiny 2. Which is sad, because I loved Shadow of Mordor and 100%'d that one.

Yeah same. By the time I got to the other regions I went through a repeating routine-
Get all colelctables, finish main and side missions, and get info about captains and their bodyguards, then dominate them and promote your own army.
After that take on the boss and then repeat for the next 2 areas.

Once the Shadow Wars start just stop right then and there and you're done with the game.

It is an improvement over its predecessor but still suffers from its predecessors issues of repetitiveness.

Aight I now begin my goal of completing a further 35 games this year. I've got some short games on my PS4 along with a few arcade and classic game compilations I can go through to reach that goal >=3

It really is a good Halloween game, even with it's cartoony style it is quite eerie.

What didn't you like about it? I usually don't like hard games or more hard boss fights, but rest of the game makes up for it so much that I've been determined to beat them all.:D

Off the top of my head-
The map system requires you to FIND the map fellow, and there were times when I couldn't find him and had to rely on a guide. Meaning I'd be going around blind for a couple of hours hoping I am going in the right path.
This resulted in me doing some backtracking to certain areas because I didn't open the quick travel zone.
The combat is fine but not my kind of style. Furthermore, getting upgrades for your main weapon can be curbsome and I recall going through stretches without having upgraded my Nail making battles taking long to beat :p

Despite this though I acknowledge its positive points and would still recommend the game.

If you're interested, consider playing Dust: An Elysian Tale. It's a Metroidvania, having EXP and leveling up, and has a more fast paced combat system.
I played it earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I didn't like the character artstyle all too much, but it has something of an interesting story and the 2D art and animations are lovely.
Music is fantastic too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXLX9D8ibU

Jawmuncher

Agreed. I’ll be completing act 3 and skipping act 4 (just gonna watch it on YouTube). Everyone seems to unless you love that assault/defense to not bother.
Considering I’m not even a big fan of the Nemesis and recruiting system it’s not for me.

City 17

I'm waiting for a sale, Halloween might do it, though having read that it's relatively long, it might be a better idea to get the switch version since I travel a lot due to work... any info on the release window?

If you're interested, consider playing Dust: An Elysian Tale. It's a Metroidvania, having EXP and leveling up, and has a more fast paced combat system.
I played it earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I didn't like the character artstyle all too much, but it has something of an interesting story and the 2D art and animations are lovely.
Music is fantastic too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXLX9D8ibU

Let me second this: Dust is an excellent game with very fun combat.

Zeneric

I'm waiting for the new content before I dive back in. Hollow Knight is indeed awesome.

I've been enjoying Warframe more than I expected, though I still haven't reached the point where I'm crafting a lot of things and so far I haven't found the need to farm for materials.

Dinjoralo

So Dirt Rally is the best rally game available on steam at the moment? It looks pretty good.
Just keep in mind, it expects you to have at least some understanding of how driving in rally racing works, and if you don't know jack about that, it won't help you figure it out.

Did Valve change its storealgorythm?

Like it only recommends me Visual Novels, even though I just played one for around 30 minutes a few days ago and a few hours Warframe, Organ Quarter, Dreadhalls etc.

Top Bottom