• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmickfran

Was looking forward to using the Kusari-gama, but I'm not a fan of how it attacks.

Looks like I'm sticking with axes.

Listonosh

Can someone explain what high iq and low iq means in this context?

choice between 30 fps (high iq) or 60 fps (lower iq)

Was looking forward to using the Kusari-gama, but I'm not a fan of how it attacks.

Looks like I'm sticking with axes.

So far Kusari-gama is by far the best weapon I've used. Every enemy gets stunlocked in the high stance quick attack, and the scorpion "GET OVER HERE" move pretty much leaves enemies defenseless after you use it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My first run will be sole Katana + light armor/no armor. I need that blue A-rank weight rating to dance around the Yokai.

Heart: 100

Peroroncino

Even if spears are OP, I intend to play the game with a Katana only in my first run. Like a true samurai would.

9tW9jdu3oYj60.gif

As it should be!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can someone explain what high iq and low iq means in this context?

choice between 30 fps (high iq) or 60 fps (lower iq)

So far Kusari-gama is by far the best weapon I've used. Every enemy gets stunlocked in the high stance quick attack, and the scorpion "GET OVER HERE" move pretty much leaves enemies defenseless after you use it.
It's basically the Movie mode vs Action mode:
Movie mode: 30fps locked, higher resolution.
Action mode: 60fps locked, variable resolution.

mrmickfran

For me, it also doesn't help that its dex focused >_<

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Great reviews everywhere! Played the last demo and after some hours I got the very same feeling as Demons Souls/Dark Souls.. you know when you start playing 8pm and next time you look at your watch its 03:00 am. Very excited to play this soon!

Any early impressions from GAF-bros in here?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
General question for you all:

How will you play the game on your initial run? In terms of weapon choice, character level path, and your spirit animal.

I'm going into this game so blind. All I know is that I love Souls, and I guess it's kinda similar, and I love The Witcher, and Geralt stars in this spin-off game. Ninja Gaiden was amazing on Xbox back in the day, but I gave up with NG2 when I had to fight some fish or something on a train using a bow. Yeah.

mcz117chief

To be fair, everyone voted as we usually do for OT titles but OP wanted to be edgy and "troll" (his words) people.

At least he could have chosen something good.

I did neither, I just picked something which is close to my heart. Your (as in plural, not you specifically) irrational rage is hilarious though :D

It's like Niohgaf is out for blood... Poor OP

It's pretty much par for the course, look at Titanfall 2 OT. There will always be people who don't like something.

ced

How will you play the game on your initial run? In terms of weapon choice, character level path, and your spirit animal.

I have no idea, I'll probably end up with a horrible build like I did when I first played Demons Souls long ago. I want to use katanas though.

Gbraga

Katana and Kusarigama, I think. Might change the Kusarigama to a Spear, we'll see.

No idea about the build, though. I don't know shit about leveling up in this game, wasted my points in every demo so far.

Animal I'll go with the one that incraeses Ki or Ki Regen.

N° 2048

I did neither, I just picked something which is close to my heart. Your (as in plural, not you specifically) irrational rage is hilarious though :D

It's pretty much par for the course, look at Titanfall 2 OT. There will always be people who don't like something.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229773646&postcount=2430

Nah, I'll go with some major troll like "easy game, easy life" just to make people mad :p

There should be a process for choosing people who do the OTs.

Strings

High stance axe/mace exclusively is what I expect. A balanced level path (I think you sort of have to with how gear works). Spirit animal? Iunno, Nick Cage probably:

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

But for real, the spirit animals are the one thing I didn't care for in the alpha/beta/last chance. They feel sorta like fluff.

Did he make movies about yokai and such? I only saw Ran and Yojimbo. And I only watched Yojimbo because of Stan Sakai :D

That's a real story!

Game started as an adaptation of an unfilmed Kurosawa script. I'm not sure how much of the story remains, but William as the main character etc is all sourced from that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
you have no idea what it's like to look at this thread title with the power to change it but not the justification
I'm not sure I'm understanding the lack of justification

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
OP should spend more time refining the OT with better information than trying to reply to every single person that comments on the thread subtitle. Since with how much information is actually available thanks to the various "betas" that went down, it would benefit new players if the OT contained more useful info than it currently does.

you have no idea what it's like to look at this thread title with the power to change it but not the justification

Honestly the justification should be that the thread has already been derailed enough as is with the constant back and forth between other members vs. the OPs constant "comebacks" towards said comments on the title.

And one can only imagine its going to continue as new people keep showing up in the thread once the game is officially released...

Since mods in the past have changed thread titles on those grounds before, due to the derailing that occurs within.

Yeah sorry bud, For a game that's been well recieved and scored well, It deserves a better OT than this, Albeit it's probably good to you and a few others. Personally i have no idea what it means.

N° 2048

OP should spend more time refining the OT with better information than trying to reply to every single person that comments on the thread subtitle. Since with how much information is actually available thanks to the various "betas" that went down, it would benefit new players if the OT contained more useful info than it currently does.

Yeah sorry bud, For a game that's been well recieved and scored well, It deserves a better OT than this, Albeit it's probably good to you and a few others. Personally i have no idea what it means.

OP PMed me and others for advice on how to improve OT and used none of it it seems.

It's missing so much info.

Everything behind spoiler tags, no Q&A, no basic info on game size, DLC, etc etc

Shame one of the best games this year gets a half ass OT :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom