• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

SupaNaab

Am I missing something for Strider Mission 10? It involves activating a soulstone and inputting:

cr.LK, st.HP, qcb.HP, qcf.LP

The issue is that my inputs are causing Gamora to perform cr.cr.HP and she shoryu's Zero as a result. Seems like I have to input this as half circles (to start the qc's elsewhere).

Xevren

Am I missing something for Strider Mission 10? It involves activating a soulstone and inputting:

cr.LK, st.HP, qcb.HP, qcf.LP

The issue is that my inputs are causing Gamora to perform cr.cr.HP and she shoryu's Zero as a result. Seems like I have to input this as half circles (to start the qc's elsewhere).

Did that earlier today, but if I remember right its a matter of timing it as she's still recovering from the previous move so she's doing the qcf lp when she recovers. That mission was really fun to me.

Canucked

I thought the lack of X-Men would bother me but the biggest problem with the game is everyone's messed up necks and delts.

Having fun.

GGs and brian and six! really fun matches

GGs.

Still figuring out a team myself at the moment. Hopping around doesn't really help much because I mess up my own muscle memory.

Time stone and trying to cross up with a tag is too obvious in an actual match, seemed way too easy to get hit out of it, because seeing green then the blue tag is a huge tell.

Anyone want to play since MVCI SCR hasn't started?

I thought the lack of X-Men would bother me but the biggest problem with the game is everyone's messed up necks and delts.

Having fun.

Yeah, lack of X-Men still bothers me but not game-haltingly bad. I agree that the way certain characters were modeled is a bigger and more immediate issue as I'm playing the game.

shaowebb

Been trying to see what creates the most optimum damage using time stone infinity storm with X today. Tried mixing it up with heavies, lots of specials, creating shitstorms with all his projectiles and in the end just mashing LK did about the same as anything else in damage but cornered folks from like half screen and was just ridiculously easy to confirm and setup.

Like no shit...best thing with X Time Stone Infinity Storm is just mash LK till they die.

It shouldn't be so easy or good but it didn't scale much at all. If I went raw on a full character, hit infinity storm and just mashed LK and it confirmed I can just keep hitting it for almost 2/3d their health meterless. Im finding that a lot of folks got this.

Screw getting fancy. If I can land a few hits and I got Infinity Storm with time stone I'm gonna just try to confirm a light kick and I'll mash the shit outta it. X's kick moves him forward so they never push away or lift up and fall out. I can rapid kick off a touch and pretty well kill two characters if they are below 2/3rd health. If I use this late match I had one set where I killed both characters on a single storm. The first one died, I teleported behind them on incoming and confirmed into the same loop and killed the next dude for falling for the teleport mixup too. All by mashing one button lol.

I am going to get so many salty pm's online for this fraudulent shit lol.

patchday

Is there a reason no one making these tutorial videos turn on inputs in Training mode?

besides the youtubers for MvCI being generally awful; one guy in particular told me he 'hates playing with inputs on'. but I noticed if I complain they'll at least add it to the notes. I dont understand why dont they take the time to 'overlay' the inputs like you see Tekken 7 youtubers do

SupaNaab

Did that earlier today, but if I remember right its a matter of timing it as she's still recovering from the previous move so she's doing the qcf lp when she recovers. That mission was really fun to me.

Ty for the advice, I got it! I slowed the inputs during that period and spent some time practicing with solo Gamora.

Wallach

Been trying to see what creates the most optimum damage using time stone infinity storm with X today. Tried mixing it up with heavies, lots of specials, creating shitstorms with all his projectiles and in the end just mashing LK did about the same as anything else in damage but cornered folks from like half screen and was just ridiculously easy to confirm and setup.

Like no shit...best thing with X Time Stone Infinity Storm is just mash LK till they die.

It shouldn't be so easy or good but it didn't scale much at all. If I went raw on a full character, hit infinity storm and just mashed LK and it confirmed I can just keep hitting it for almost 2/3d their health meterless. Im finding that a lot of folks got this.

Screw getting fancy. If I can land a few hits and I got Infinity Storm with time stone I'm gonna just try to confirm a light kick and I'll mash the shit outta it. X's kick moves him forward so they never push away or lift up and fall out. I can rapid kick off a touch and pretty well kill two characters if they are below 2/3rd health. If I use this late match I had one set where I killed both characters on a single storm. The first one died, I teleported behind them on incoming and confirmed into the same loop and killed the next dude for falling for the teleport mixup too. All by mashing one button lol.

I am going to get so many salty pm's online for this fraudulent shit lol.

It feels character dependent to me. Like with Thanos I tested chain mashing different buttons in time storm and the best scaling appeared to be HP. The hitstun deterioration matters too, which varies between buttons. Like you can chain a lot more cLK than sHP but the scaling doesn't pay off.

In the end my preferred combo still wound up being 18 x sHP, cHP launch, storm level 3 (~8.2k damage)

shaowebb

It feels character dependent to me. Like with Thanos I tested chain mashing different buttons in time storm and the best scaling appeared to be HP. The hitstun deterioration matters too, which varies between buttons. Like you can chain a lot more cLK than sHP but the scaling doesn't pay off.

In the end my preferred combo still wound up being 18 x sHP, cHP launch, storm level 3 (~8.2k damage)

Yeah I was playing X/Thanos for awhile and I noticed a lot of mash chaining with Thanos didn't end well. Especially since some of his attacks put them higher and higher into the air. Made chaining heavies pointless but I see why they do that given the angle on his super being so elevated. It lets him combo into super normally.

X gets so much gain for goin simple mode on Time Storm that its just too good to not use. Especially since it ends in them being in the corner and I generally have meter. I tend to end the thing in super near the end because they dont have much health left unless they were completely full health at the start. Its completely fraudulent though. You win with this or worse yet kill two characters like I did and you deserve to get boos
:p
EDIT: oooh...imagine the salt if you got a happy birthday win this way lol

Think I'll do Ultron/Nova. Getting their flight combos consistently (Nova's are easy holy shit) and getting 6k combos with them.

I'm pretty sure Nova can do more though lol.

Wallach

EDIT: oooh...imagine the salt if you got a happy birthday win this way lol

That's actually why I like the sHP for Thanos during time storm, haha. It's a big, fast, and forward moving hitbox. Any bad switch and you'll just scoop the other character up into the backhand fest.

sinkfla87

Looks like some flight cancel tutorials are showing up on youtube.

Here's one for Ultron but there's plenty of other ones for other characters as well if you look at related videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx6jV4nDd-s

I don't know what it is but I cannot do the Ultron flight cancel combo at all. I can do the Iron Man one that Marvel posted earlier in the thread but this one just won't come out for me. When I get to the flight cancel part and hit HP, it looks like I'm hitting them but at the beginning of their recovery frames. I can't seem to time that HP into flight into HP and it's bringing me down.

I don't know what it is but I cannot do the Ultron flight cancel combo at all. I can do the Iron Man one that Marvel posted earlier in the thread but this one just won't come out for me. When I get to the flight cancel part and hit HP, it looks like I'm hitting them but at the beginning of their recovery frames. I can't seem to time that HP into flight into HP and it's bringing me down.

Are you actually putting a LP after fly cancel? you can't hp fly cancel hp you need to squeeze a lp there.

Dahbomb

He's doing HP, flight cancel, LP, HP... not HP, flight cancel, HP.

sinkfla87

Are you actually putting a LP after fly cancel? you can't hp fly cancel hp you need to squeeze a lp there.

Yeeeeah that's it. Haha, just rewatched that video Jay posted and noticed that. :( Yeah I wasn't doing the LP after flight... I'm a fucking dummy. A dummy with a lot less play time now because of it. Watch me still not land this thing.

Dahbomb

Going to be watching this top 8 with chat open.

First time I have opened stream chat in months (I normally tell people to close steam chat for optimum viewing experience). I want all the salt today.

Trying to do Jedah's mission 9.

Oh boy.

Having a tough time with the aerial stuff for some reason.

You're supposed to dash cancel in the air after the HP right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What channel is it on? I'm on mobile.

Capcomfighters? Leveluplive? Something else?

Going to be watching this top 8 with chat open.

First time I have opened stream chat in months (I normally tell people to close steam chat for optimum viewing experience). I want all the salt today.

The hate has calmed down a bit but be prepared for lots of /r/kappa trolls desperate to shit on any aspect of the game desperately still

shaowebb

All these reality stones dont surprise me a bit. After 7 years of hidden missiles homing and interrupting the prospect of throwing 2 via tag plus whatever else you can throw into the mix is so easy and appealing it was a no brainer.

I still feel the future is with Time Stone and Mind Stone though.

Top Bottom