• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

jeremy1456 said:
Did I miss something?

I... don't get it. I thought the guy had an Xbox 360.

I think he thinks you were trying to troll PS3 owners that wanted this game.

I would have thought the same thing, really.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Jiggy said:
Eternia PSP is the really unforgivable one since it already had an English translation for PAL regions. At least we got Radiant Mythology 1, but as much as I loved that game, I'd much prefer to have the combined strength of Eternia, Rebirth, Innocence, and Hearts. :( And, of course, Radiant Mythology 2.

Whoa Tales of Eternia came out in PAL in English??? I remember buying the Japanese version for the psp. I guess I'll have to track down the english version.

jeremy1456

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to stir the hive. It was an honest mistake.

EDIT: I had just vaguely remembered him owning the console, and didn't see the backlash in the other thread.

jeremy1456 said:
Don't you own an Xbox 360?

lord

Yes, he owns one, and he hates it. It sits in a pile of shame in the corner of his living room where his pets can urinate on it. When friends come over he covers it with a blanket, because owning a 360 can bring great humiliation upon a person, in the wrong crowd.

Why he bought it with no intention of playing games he wants to play is anyone's guess, but is probably best left with his county of residence's mental health department.

He's a swell guy otherwise. Best to just agree with him, yes, Vesperia looks awesome. We all look forward to playing it for the first time later this year.

Firestorm

Wanted to comment on Graces yesterday after waiting 20 mins for it to load but then my internet died. The battle system looks really, really cool =O Don't know or really care about what was happening outside of battles. But damn. That was a sweet, sweet battle sequence.

Tales of Versus looks surprisingly good as well. I noticed Yuri has Shining Fang :lol That 2D thing looked so hot please be a part of the game and not some mobile spin-off-spin-off. Or a cash grab by making two versions for PSP and DS.

Tales of Vesperia... I think most of that was new footage? So about 3 new boss fights shown, additional scenes with you-know-who playable, and a joint Mystic Arte? :eek:

jeremy1456 said:
Did I miss something?

I... don't get it. I thought the guy had an Xbox 360.
He does from what he says but PS3 is superior so he's buying two copies of that instead.

neojubei said:
Whoa Tales of Eternia came out in PAL in English??? I remember buying the Japanese version for the psp. I guess I'll have to track down the english version.
It's been out for ages via Ubisoft I believe. Was not released in NA due to SCEA's rule about no straight ports on PSP. I think they changed that later on...

Jiggy

Aru said:
Eternia PSP is a straight port and SCEA doesn't allow straight ports of PS1 games on the PSP. They need to have bonus content or be in a compilation.
That's why it never made it in the USA.
Oh.
Okay, then it's still unforgivable, but the one who can't be forgiven is Sony instead of Namco. Sigh. One way or another, all the first-party companies this gen have aimed to annoy me. :/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow, those battle animations in Graces look like the best in the series. Looks like it'll be lots of fun to play.

It also looks like they're using motion capture for the cutscenes like in DotNW.

Firestorm said:
Tales of Versus looks surprisingly good as well. I noticed Yuri has Shining Fang :lol That 2D thing looked so hot please be a part of the game and not some mobile spin-off-spin-off. Or a cash grab by making two versions for PSP and DS.

Maybe they could make that 2D-bit for both PSP and DS? Like the DS version will be the 2D bit only and the PSP gets both? Or the 2D bit is expanded in a DS version while still in the PSP version?

Don't know, but that'd be cool. :p

ZealousD said:
Wow, those battle animations in Graces look like the best in the series. Looks like it'll be lots of fun to play.

It also looks like they're using motion capture for the cutscenes like in DotNW.

Yep, I already pointed that out a couple of pages ago. :p

And I wonder if the better battle animations are also MC?

And I just noticed that Jiggy made a new Graces Female Character avatar. :D

It's a fanservice fighting game, it's not meant to be cohesive.

I'm just waiting for Vs to be the one game of the 3 that actually makes it to Europe, 'hey guess what, here's a game with a bunch of characters you don't know, enjoy'.

Jiggy

ZealousD said:
I knew there was something very smooth-looking about the running animation of Graces Girl, but didn't think about this possibility until you mentioned it. :O

Edit: I would easily buy a full-fledged 2D Tales fighting game on its own. So, so easily.

neojubei

Whoa I love being able to view youtube videos on my phone. that said, Vs looks good not so much like Dissidia but more like the viewtiful joe game on psp. Graces looks cute, I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

gregor7777 said:
lord

Yes, he owns one, and he hates it. It sits in a pile of shame in the corner of his living room where his pets can urinate on it. When friends come over he covers it with a blanket, because owning a 360 can bring great humiliation upon a person, in the wrong crowd.

Why he bought it with no intention of playing games he wants to play is anyone's guess, but is probably best left with his county of residence's mental health department.

He's a swell guy otherwise. Best to just agree with him, yes, Vesperia looks awesome. We all look forward to playing it for the first time later this year.

wow, i didn't think you cared? IM me sometimes ;)

Aru

Die Squirrel Die said:
It's a fanservice fighting game, it's not meant to be cohesive.

I'm just waiting for Vs to be the one game of the 3 that actually makes it to Europe, 'hey guess what, here's a game with a bunch of characters you don't know, enjoy'.

Radiant Mythology was one of the few Tales of games who made it here :eek: (with Phantasia and Symphonia)
May Versus have the same fate !

TreIII

Everything looks so good!

Graces looks sexy, and so does Tales of Vs.

VesPS3eria, I'll be keeping an eye on too, even though I played it too death already with a friend's 360.

klee123

Trailers are nice, Vesperia on PS3 looks to have enough substantial changes and it looks like it runs well. Will definitely import the Japanese version.

Graces looks great, but I don't like the main character's design

Vs looks interesting. Hope they put in Tear.

jeremy1456 said:
Don't you own an Xbox 360?

OMG, does really give you that much grief with that fact that he prefers the PS3 over his 360? Get over it already. Same with the other anti Sony crowd.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Holy shit at Vesperia PS3. I was expecting a quick and dirty port from Namco but this looks amazing. Day 1 for sure.

neojubei

Ermac said:
Holy shit at Vesperia PS3. I was expecting a quick and dirty port from Namco but this looks amazing. Day 1 for sure.

I was thinking the same but the game looks amazing.

ivysaur12

Banned
Graces looks great! The battle system looked pretty interesting.

Not sure what to make of VS. The four-player stuff looked a bit weird, but I'll wait until we get a real gameplay video.

mintylurb

Ermac said:
Hawt dang. Another one who's excited for the ps3 version. Get your pitchforks and torches ready, folks. Let's teach Ermac a lesson before he turns into another neojubei!

Jupiter_Shrooms said:
Here's my first pass at the dialog:

As a kid:

If I don't become strong, someone will get hurt or die...
I must become strong. I don't want to lose anyone ever again.

Then as an adult:

Ranto and Fenderu's land dispute has gotten violent...
My father works a hard life doing correspondence.

Before it develops into a full blown fight, Won't you return?

Before we realized...

Next scene, with crab tanks

Fenderu is bringing that in too!?

Whatever we do, if we don't stop it here...

Next scene, talking to little girl

-I thought I'd protect everyone, but the best chance is you
-me?
-Become strong... Become a knight... And then protect everyone.

Kid voice again
This time I'll definetly show you how I can protect everyone!

Thanks . . . and wat at the bolded. o_O

jeremy1456

MoogPaul said:
So Graces is just a one character RPG? Does it go into a battle screen or is it more adventure based?

Just because they've only shown one character in combat doesn't mean it's a one character RPG. It will have more characters, and yes, it will more than likely transition to different screens for battle.

jeremy1456

Second said:
Ow...

Let's hope it has English audio/text, so people can import it.

I've been saying it from the start - it's not Namco's style, and it would require them to do actual work for a game that would probably bomb anyway due to it's status as a late port.

EDIT: Also, I imagine after the 'success' that was Eternal Sonata they aren't particularly eager to localize late RPG ports anymore.

jeremy1456

Replicant said:
LOL. Fansite's theory is now news? I'd believe it when IGN or other official news site reports it.

Obviously you didn't read the article, so why comment on it? They backed their hypothesis well.

Araex

jeremy1456 said:
Obviously you didn't read the article, so why comment on it? They didn't claim it as news, just a hypothesis while backing up their prediction with facts.
Did you read it? The site was using vg chartz' numbers and "Only On" logo as his arguments.

Replicant

jeremy1456 said:
Obviously you didn't read the article, so why comment on it? They backed their hypothesis well.

Maybe YOU should be the one who read it. That article is nothing than one giant rhetoric with no official site to back it up. Hypothesis is not fact. Hypothesis is not news.

jeremy1456

Replicant said:
Maybe YOU should be the one who read it. That article is nothing than one giant rhetoric with no official site to back it up. Hypothesis is not fact. Hypothesis is not news.

I never said hypothesis is fact, nor is it news. Stop before you hurt yourself.

They bring up a really good point, and you're obviously ignoring it.

Yazuka

MoogPaul said:
If Microsoft does indeed own the translation, it doesn't bode well. We've seen this play out before.
But wouldn't they come out and say anything about that? That they own the english translations rights, I mean.

mintylurb

jeremy1456 said:
Obviously you didn't read the article, so why comment on it? They didn't claim it as news, just a hypothesis while backing up their prediction with facts.

"so Microsoft might have funded the localization of the game outside of Japan, which would explain why the logo was only on the North American version, and why it was released so quickly after the Japanese version. "

"the Xbox 360 version will be released in Europe this summer. If the PlayStation 3 version was announced for North America in the next few months, how would the people who felt they got suckered into buying an "incomplete" version? Like the possibly voice actor delay, to maximize the sales of the European version, they would need to delay a North America version of the PlayStation 3 version, causing sales to go to the import version"

Oh, mang. A very well presented hypothesis backed up with facts. I'm convinced. The ps3 version isn't being localized. Poor neojubei. QQ

Replicant

jeremy1456 said:
I never said hypothesis is fact, nor is it news. Stop before you hurt yourself.

You're acting like it is. Stop before you make fun of yourself.

They bring up a really good point, and you're obviously ignoring it.

Who gives a hoot about good points made by fansite?

Paracelsus

jeremy1456 said:

Then tell me:

Why the Asia version of Tales of Vesperia doesn't have the logo, even if it has English language all over it? Could it be they're releasing a "poor" Asia version of ToV PS3, with just Chinese subtitles, or there's more than that?

I think we'll know for sure once the EU version is out.

jeremy1456

mintylurb said:
"so Microsoft might have funded the localization of the game outside of Japan, which would explain why the logo was only on the North American version, and why it was released so quickly after the Japanese version. "

"the Xbox 360 version will be released in Europe this summer. If the PlayStation 3 version was announced for North America in the next few months, how would the people who felt they got suckered into buying an "incomplete" version? Like the possibly voice actor delay, to maximize the sales of the European version, they would need to delay a North America version of the PlayStation 3 version, causing sales to go to the import version"

Oh, mang. A very well presented hypothesis backed up with facts. I'm convinced. The ps3 version isn't being localized. Poor neojubei. QQ

That's why I said there's one important point he brings up. Nice job not pasting it here

jeremy1456

I should know better than to point out that a fansite making a point isn't a good thing to draw attention to.

I think I'm done.

Replicant

jeremy1456 said:
I should know better than to point out that a fansite making a point isn't a good thing to draw attention to.

monsters-goldslime-1.jpg

Firestorm

Replicant said:
LOL. Fansite's theory is now news? I'd believe it when IGN or other official news site reports it.
Haha IGN. How's that better than a fansite?

Anyway, I hope it comes out on PS3 here. Got friends who want the game but no 360. I want more people to play this :(

Araex

jeremy1456 said:

I think I'm done.
Honestly that blog sounds like it was written by someone who's butthurt about buying a 360 for only ToV; all of his speculations can be refuted with equally wild speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom