• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Entropia

No One Remembers
Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Apu seem to be the only characters that have gift card earning jobs right now. I'm guessing more open up as you get more holiday buildingswhich you need gift cards to unlock in the first place.

I'm sure more will open up once the mall is finished being built.

Doesn't Ned (with Rod and Todd) have one where they go snowmobiling?

Does anyone know if this game has any chance of ever hitting Windows Phone?

This is pretty much the only thing I'm missing from my Android switch...

Fixed1979

Since the Thankgiving update my game has been chugging along (Nexus 10), i'm guessing it was the blowing leaves because the Christmas update didn't help with the falling snow. It's pretty much unplayable at this point. Anyone else having issues?

Best update in a while.

They're really scraping the barrel for characters now, though. The Grunkle? The Yes Guy? Mr. Costington? They'll be adding generic background characters soon enough.

FaidSint

Question for you guys playing the games with the huge towns with tons of characters and crazy buildings. Have you been buying donuts with real money? I'm interested in seeing how cool I can make my town look without spending money, but it seems like 90% of the things to buy are like 300 donuts and shit like that.

krae_man

Question for you guys playing the games with the huge towns with tons of characters and crazy buildings. Have you been buying donuts with real money? I'm interested in seeing how cool I can make my town look without spending money, but it seems like 90% of the things to buy are like 300 donuts and shit like that.

I haven't spent a dime yet. But yeah there are tons of buildings that cost doughnuts. But there is still plenty of stuff you can buy with in game cash. You can get lucky and win some of the premium buildings and stuff through mystery boxes and get holiday themed versions of some of them during the holiday updates. I have Church of Lard Lad from the Halloween update but the real lard lad costs doughnuts.

scottnak

You get a lot of nice buildings with the events... but you can still get a nice looking town without spending donuts.

As fo my town... I've only bought the duff factory (thanks to Gil's discount on donuts that one time)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Haven't bought any premium buildings at all on my end. I started playing back in January. Didn't bother with any building spam farming nonsense either - that just makes your layout look ugly.

AleeN634

Added quite a few gaffers to my friend's list for the Christmas event.

I only bought donuts one time for the Halloween event to get Kodos. They also gave away a ton of donuts for that event so they might be planning to give away a few more than just leveling up.

capawe

Neo Member
Kind of frustrating dropping presents in a friends town only to have it fall behind a building and knowing they will never see it.

I've bought a couple of things, nothing too expensive just things I enjoyed from the show that I wanted in my town. TBH I don't feel bad about spending a few dollars on a game that I've spent a lot of time playing and have had fun with.

Ya!

Pretty frustrating finding presents behind buildings =/ Can only see them by choosing to drop a road and dragging it over the buildings so they go translucent

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ya!

Pretty frustrating finding presents behind buildings =/ Can only see them by choosing to drop a road and dragging it over the buildings so they go translucent

Why not just enter move object mode and toggle bulding visibility off there?

fisheyes

The Elf house, which is the 4th prize, can send elves once a day to open any unopened presents. I assume it would find all the ones you can't.

pestul

My game is crashing a lot on the Nexus 7 FHD. Mostly happens when visiting maxed out friends towns. Just a little bit frustrating.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
My game is crashing a lot on the Nexus 7 FHD. Mostly happens when visiting maxed out friends towns. Just a little bit frustrating.

The game has been crashing a lot on my Nook HD+ since the Krustyland update, but only when I change areas.
There's about a 50% chance of a crash every time I switch between my town, my Krustyland, my friends menu, or a friend's town in any combination. There are a couple of friends' towns that have made it occasionally crash, too, but they're hacker junkheaps.
It's so bad that I use Bluestacks to visit friends. Sometimes it took hours to visit <20 friends before that.

Oh, and my Origin name is CostcoLawGrad.

pestul

The game has been crashing a lot on my Nook HD+ since the Krustyland update, but only when I change areas.
There's about a 50% chance of a crash every time I switch between my town, my Krustyland, my friends menu, or a friend's town in any combination. There are a couple of friends' towns that have made it occasionally crash, too, but they're hacker junkheaps.
It's so bad that I use Bluestacks to visit friends. Sometimes it took hours to visit <20 friends before that.

Oh, and my Origin name is CostcoLawGrad.
Ouch that sounds brutal. Pretty much the only time mine crashes is when visiting level 37 towns. And the odd time when clicking too many gifts at once. Anyone played this on a Asus Memo Pad HD 7 yet? Got my wife one for Xmas and was curious about the performance.

krae_man

FYI people you get a spin token for ever 1000 gift cards you get after you get the last individual prize(30,000).

Anyone got a spin token from something other then the egg nog bar yet? I got one somehow but I wasn't paying attention as to how I just looked up and I had another one even though I already used my spin from the egg nog bar.

munchie64

Woah there's an OT for this? 0_o This is pretty much the only mobile game I play.

Edit: To add something meaningful, it looks like the community prizes are going a lot slower this time around.

FYI people you get a spin token for ever 1000 gift cards you get after you get the last individual prize(30,000).

Anyone got a spin token from something other then the egg nog bar yet? I got one somehow but I wasn't paying attention as to how I just looked up and I had another one even though I already used my spin from the egg nog bar.

There is a very small chance to get a token from opening a present, like getting a donut from garbage. I've gotten one this way.

SnowHawk

I didn't know there was an option to confirm doughnut spending. I've lost loads because I press things accidently. :( Anyway add me everyone my user is snowhawk

Rated-G

I'm on this app pretty much daily, and I'd like to add some of you. My OriginID is UnratedG, but I have like... 98 friends right now and 100 seems to be the cap. Does anyone know how to delete friends? I have quite a few who haven't played in months that I'd like to drop to make room for more regular users.

scottnak

I'm on this app pretty much daily, and I'd like to add some of you. My OriginID is UnratedG, but I have like... 98 friends right now and 100 seems to be the cap. Does anyone know how to delete friends? I have quite a few who haven't played in months that I'd like to drop to make room for more regular users.

You will have to download the Origin Client on your computer, and delete people that way.
It's the only way I'm aware of at the moment...

Happy for people to add me : paradox1321

Mostly curious to compare with other people. See just how OCD my town is in comparison.

-Horizon-

EFF the spin tokens man. I've only been getting them from the egg nog house :[

And every time I spin the wheel, I either get money or a snowman. Its rigged I tell you!

Well whatever, only ~1,500 more cards to go to get the last personal prize. Which will maybe tomorrow for me.

krae_man

EFF the spin tokens man. I've only been getting them from the egg nog house :[

And every time I spin the wheel, I either get money or a snowman. Its rigged I tell you!

Well whatever, only ~1,500 more cards to go to get the last personal prize. Which will maybe tomorrow for me.

You get a spin token for ever 1000 gift cards after 30k apparently.

-Horizon-

You get a spin token for ever 1000 gift cards after 30k apparently.

Yeah I just reached that point today and then went on to get 2000 more from neighbors so I got 2 tokens.

I also got 1 token from that egg nog place.

Used 3 tokens. Got money each time. AGHHH DX

Seriously, letting the money take up not 2 but 3 slots on the wheel is just wrong.

fritolay

Maybe. Why should I even be able to toggle "turn off doughnut spend" outside of the menu in the first place?

When you are clicking on houses for money, if you click on one buy accident that has someone in it doing an activity, yeah it is very easy to hit the donut spend. I think that is dumb it should have you confirm by default.

Ewing33hi

Banned
I've been playing this for a few months on my iPhone. I haven't had any issues with it. I basically play it for a few minutes maybe a couple times a day. It takes forever to get anywhere in the game if you don't spend any cash on it, but it's enjoyable.

JoeM86

I probably should add a few people, even though my town sucks. SerebiiJoe

I'm at the point where I'm getting a decent amount daily from all the tasks so I'm not waiting ages to get cash to build things.

krae_man

Yeah I just reached that point today and then went on to get 2000 more from neighbors so I got 2 tokens.

I also got 1 token from that egg nog place.

Used 3 tokens. Got money each time. AGHHH DX

Seriously, letting the money take up not 2 but 3 slots on the wheel is just wrong.

I only have one slot with money right now and I just got it(it was where the snow monster was). Before that, all I won was decorations and snow men and others just took it's place.

AaronB

I just started this, my origin's AaronBren if you'd like to add me. Also just picked up Simpsons seasons 9 and 10 off Amazon for around $17-18, if anyone else is interested in those.

Top Bottom