• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

JoeM86

I've been playing it a bit. Starting to get decent money each day but it is such a grind and I dislike how much stuff is put behind a premium paywall. It's ridiculous.

Still, I'm happy plodding along just managing my virtual Springfield

Raxious

After playing for roughly 20 minutes I uninstalled, the fact you have to click every freaking thing makes me not want to play it.

One of my friends has a really nice looking 4* city, she must have spent hours placing everything, it looks nearly as good as the "other springfield"

krae_man

i've yet to get that :(

I did use some play store credit I won to get Hans Moleman and Dr Nick :)

It's my first useful item since I got the Lemon Tree my first go. Every freaking time fence, fence, white fence, fence, bench, fence Grrrrr.

I got a Budda once, but then got a bench with it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I played this for quite sometime when it first launched, and then pulled... played until my phone wiped one day during an update. Re-downloaded it like a month ago, logged into Origin expecting it to pull my old town.. nope. Gone.

..but I'm addicting to Monopoly Hotels. It's like a curse.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've been playing it a bit. Starting to get decent money each day but it is such a grind and I dislike how much stuff is put behind a premium paywall. It's ridiculous.

Still, I'm happy plodding along just managing my virtual Springfield

Some of the pay stuff was free when it originally came out. Like Duff Stadium, the Sleep-Eazy Motel, and Barney's Bowl-o-Rama. A bunch of this year's premium Halloween stuff, too. Probably more that I'm forgetting.

I downloaded it when it first came out.

Thought it was OK.

Phone woke me up at 4am with Homer saying "D'oh" because something had finished.

Immediately uninstalled it before going back to sleep.

That was my experience with it.

krae_man

I downloaded it when it first came out.

Thought it was OK.

Phone woke me up at 4am with Homer saying "D'oh" because something had finished.

Immediately uninstalled it before going back to sleep.

That was my experience with it.

You can turn push notifications off.

capawe

Neo Member
Been playing for a couple of months, really like the game I normally play while I have my morning coffee and I find its a nice way to start the day.
Anyway, I really need some goo (was away at the start of Halloween so that set me back some) so feel free to add me everyone my ign is 0_0-Psych

I've been playing since last halloween. I stopped for a while right after whacking day because it did get tiring. That's why my Krustyland is so barebones. Go ahead and add me.

killerbee40

Well, at least according to EA Mobile. ;)

0NrcpL1.jpg
(Gravestone on the far left)

Anyway, feel free to add me: ShirouAmakusa

I log in every once in a while (lvl 21) and like the idea of building my own springfield. If only land expansion wouldn't be so expensive. :/

krae_man

I got push notifications today saying someone visited my town. I don't recall getting those before. Are they new?

krae_man

Halloween is over. You might be able to get away with not updating for a bit if you're close to a goo threshold.

Otherwise, feel free to update. You get an extra level, the cap has increased to 37 and we have three new buildings:

Bachelor Arms w/ Kirk for $253k
Unemployment office for $310k
Cracker Factory for 150 doughnuts which comes with Luann for some reason

Also, holy crap the game's brightness just went up to 11.

scottnak

You weren't kidding about the brightness, wow. Although some of it may be because it was darkened so much for Halloween.

Pretty sure that's the case. It's just halloween was just way too dark @.@
Definitely happy to see another level \o/

Hopefully we can get some Krustyland updates soon... ::grumble::

krae_man

I have a piece of garbage that won't go away. Every time I log back in after Lisa or Homer clean it, It's back. I haven't got a doughnut from it yet so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or an annoying thing.

Pretty sure that's the case. It's just halloween was just way too dark @.@
Definitely happy to see another level \o/

Hopefully we can get some Krustyland updates soon... ::grumble::

The whole Krustyland expansion was such a neat little idea that quickly fizzled out. Don't think I've gone back for weeks now which is a shame. Same with Squidport. Those damn pricey port pieces.

krae_man

The whole Krustyland expansion was such a neat little idea that quickly fizzled out. Don't think I've gone back for weeks now which is a shame. Same with Squidport. Those damn pricey port pieces.

Yeah that's more of an end game thing when you have nothing else to spend your money on.

The Squidport was a massive drain on my finances when I was playing.

My town is also decrapified. No more massive piles of bush, parking meters and stop signs to improve my conformity rating. Although it's still pretty basic as I need more land to make it pretty.

Top Bottom