• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

scottnak

I'm sure everyone isn't doing anything interesting today...
so just a heads up that a Thanksgiving update has been released!

Kabuto

I just made Kirk do the 24 hour "Work at School" job and I thought it was hilarious since it only gives $20 hahah

krae_man

Okay so I've accidentally spent 4 doughnuts doing stupid stuff like speed up Flanders house tax because the update turned confirm doughnut spend off.

Anything to trick people out of money it seems.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Huh, I accidentally hit the donut thing last night and it asked me for confirmation first. You sure you didn't accidentally hit the "Don't ask me again" check mark by accident?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Okay so I've accidentally spent 4 doughnuts doing stupid stuff like speed up Flanders house tax because the update turned confirm doughnut spend off.

Anything to trick people out of money it seems.

Huh, I accidentally hit the donut thing last night and it asked me for confirmation first. You sure you didn't accidentally hit the "Don't ask me again" check mark by accident?

Maybe. Why should I even be able to toggle "turn off doughnut spend" outside of the menu in the first place?

I've read a few different places where people have complained about the "confirm" donut spending thing being turned off after an update.

fisheyes

I wonder if we will get 3 more when homer is done hacking his mypad.

You do. I just got mine.

I've managed to cobble together 139 of them without buying any more than a couple of scratchers ages ago, I want to get to 150 to get the Cracker Factory, but don't want to buy any more, so this was a nice bonus. Almost there.

krae_man

Cool, that's about where I am at doughnut wise as well. Still haven't decided what to spend them on yet. I'll probably buy $10 or $20 worth at Christmas during the sale as well and get a few premium items.

I won Google Play credit from Kit Kat so I bought Dr Nick and Hans Moleman and some scratch cards a couple months ago........still have a bunch of donuts left but no idea what to use them on

fisheyes

Just as a heads up, there was a pretty self deprecating bit of dialogue in my game today that seemed to indicate that if you haven't yet completed the 'Make Homer post his hack on the internet' quest, that you might be able to spam the 'Make Homer reset the clock on his iPad task'. Not sure if its true, or if you can still do it now, since Thanksgiving is over, but it might be worth double checking.

krae_man

My crops are freaking out

cropswgurk.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
HOLY SHIT A PEOPLE FINDER!
THANK GOD

THE "NEXT/PREVIOUS FRIEND TOWN" BUTTONS

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Make sure to add people to get more gift cards! :)

EntropiaWOW is mine.

scottnak

HOLY SHIT A PEOPLE FINDER!
THANK GOD

THE "NEXT/PREVIOUS FRIEND TOWN" BUTTONS

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Make sure to add people to get more gift cards! :)

EntropiaWOW is mine.

It is indeed a godsend *.*
My username is the same as GAF's... I think i've added everyone.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Looking forward to getting into this game again when I get my ipad, I took a year break from this game and i'm ready for it to ruin my life again.

krae_man

Sweet, it's holiday update time.

This new friend tab over thing is cool, saves a ton of time. I sent everyone on 24 hour quests right before I got the update and I was kind of bummed. But I hadn't sent lisa and Homer yet and Homer has a 16 hour one so I'm not behind at all.

Give me all your presents!

fisheyes

Character locator and town skippers are godly additions. All I need now is the ability to pick up groups of items, so that if I want to shuffle my town around (as I suspect I will want to after this update) I don't have to move every individual fence, tree, etc.

Leonsito

Man, it's hard to find some presents when they are behind a building lol

Btw, I have added a lot of you, but my girlfriend needs friends too to get more gifts, feel free to add her: Katgirl_aireen

Entropia

No One Remembers
For those of you inclined, you need 1,072 gift cards a day to get all 10 prizes.

Easily do-able if you have enough friends. Especially with the new friend's town navigation.

krae_man

Man, it's hard to find some presents when they are behind a building lol

Btw, I have added a lot of you, but my girlfriend needs friends too to get more gifts, feel free to add her: Katgirl_aireen

Use the look around thing and make buildings transparent.

Edit: When I get some time later, I'll update the OP with everyones usernames for fast adding for maximized gifting.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I didn't know there was a thread for this game, haha.

Add me on Origin, guys. The name's Luttilippe

The Christmas update is pretty cool.

-Horizon-

Character locator and town skippers are godly additions. All I need now is the ability to pick up groups of items, so that if I want to shuffle my town around (as I suspect I will want to after this update) I don't have to move every individual fence, tree, etc.

For those of you inclined, you need 1,072 gift cards a day to get all 10 prizes.

Easily do-able if you have enough friends. Especially with the new friend's town navigation.

Best parts of the update, no longer will I have to play Find Waldo in my town. And the easy switching from one town to the next, so good.

And yeah add me: willconquer93

Ozone

Started playing this a couple weeks ago. This game is perfect to play at work since it involves a lot of waiting.

This Christmas event is my first one of these kind of things, and I can totally see why people keep playing this. Really fun stuff.

FaidSint

Just got this game. I'm barely starting out but I'd love some NeoGAF friends. I'm gonna go through and add everyone in the OP, hope that okay with you guys :)

I'm FaidSint

krae_man

Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Apu seem to be the only characters that have gift card earning jobs right now. I'm guessing more open up as you get more holiday buildingswhich you need gift cards to unlock in the first place.

I'm sure more will open up once the mall is finished being built.

Top Bottom