• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Nice. Where's AKI? I want some of that NWO v WCW stuff.

They're called Syn Sophia now and they make fashion simulators.

From hardcore wrestling games to:

vHulY0q.jpg

Foffy

Banned
What are the multiplayer options? 3v3? 4v4?

Right now the game supports I believe 2 players fighting each other online, but you can fill the matches with 8 participants. You can even sim online with no active players.

The goal is to at least support 4 players online, at the minimum.

Sinatar

I'm honestly expecting the netcode to be a bit of a shitshow regardless of the player count. A game like this needs rollback netcode, but 99% it'll be frame delay which is going to completely bung up the grapple system.

Hex

Banned
Just PC and PS4? I would like to see this on Switch as i had the first GBA game and loved having it portable!

Will this have ladder matches, table matches etc..?

Only 8 posts in before port begging?
I think that is up there for the record

Blizzard

Banned
I'm honestly expecting the netcode to be a bit of a shitshow regardless of the player count. A game like this needs rollback netcode, but 99% it'll be frame delay which is going to completely bung up the grapple system.
Have they mentioned whether LAN / same computer play with controllers will be supported? I could see this being fun at LAN parties.

Hex

Banned
Just from videos (and no experience) here is what I will be requesting during the Early Access as additional features:

* Submissions need to be held longer
* Ladder Matches
* Table Matches
* 4th model size for giants (Big Show, Andre, I know how hard this would be)
* Illegal moves that cause disqualification
* Managers

The refs are actually set you watch for illegal moves more or less, and to be more or less lenient.
Also faster counts or slower counts for pins, faster or slower counts for count outs, more aware or less aware for interference..etc

The devs say 6. It could be either as I've seen Steam countdowns hit 0 and nothing happen for hours plenty of times before. Just don't get your hopes up if it's not there when the Steam countdown ends, but it's possible.

Shit, you're right. D:
It would be 3am. :/

Devs said last night they were waiting to press the button until the devs were in the office. That they (the devs) have to literally hit a button and that you can't auto set it to release.

Sinatar

Devs said last night they were waiting to press the button until the devs were in the office. That they (the devs) have to literally hit a button and that you can't auto set it to release.

You can only have it auto release if you release it when steam does it's daily release dump at 10am PST, if you want to launch it at some other time you're on your own.

mollipen

Hey Style Savvy is a quality game series and represented in Super Smash Brothers.

I wish for anything that Aki was back to making wrestling games, but I adore Style Savvy so I can't totally be sad about their fate. At least they're making something more than total garbage or licensed shovelware.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Trying to keep my hype in check since I don't know if my garbage PC will even run this. I mean I should be able to, all things considered, but I'm definitely below the recommended specs. I guess we'll see in a few hours. If not, at least Steam refunds are a thing I suppose. I'll just have to be mad jealous for a few months until the PS4 version hits.

Hasney

Trying to keep my hype in check since I don't know if my garbage PC will even run this. I mean I should be able to, all things considered, but I'm definitely below the recommended specs. I guess we'll see in a few hours. If not, at least Steam refunds are a thing I suppose. I'll just have to be mad jealous for a few months until the PS4 version hits.

Yeah, it's worth a shot. The minimum specs read like "This is the lowest spec computer we actually tested".

Hex

Banned
Really? I've only seen the Kinshasa so far. Are the inverted powerslam, rope-draped running knee, vibrating stomp, and his unique strikes included?

The inverted powerslam, and the strike flurry is in, and they said they saw the stomp but was not sure if it was an actual move or something else.

This game will frustrate the shit out of so many people, but if you give it the chance there is gold underneath

Prophane33

This game will frustrate the shit out of so many people, but if you give it the chance there is gold underneath

Been playing this series since the late 90s. This is exactly what I've been thinking: prepare for a flurry angry or confused posts. There is a learning curve to this game, especially on the higher difficulty levels. This game is so far removed from the 2k (and even Aki) way of doing things that it's almost a different genre. You button mash, you lose.

Slizz

What COM level and speed are you seasoned vets playing at?? I can't imagine going higher than 6 and 125% :lol

krpiper

Can someone post a quick beginners guide to someone who has never played the series before? I am highly interested and for $20 I can take a stab in the dark

Foffy

Banned
What COM level and speed are you seasoned vets playing at?? I can't imagine going higher than 6 and 125% :lol

I normally do normal speed and CPU Level 10.

Makes matches fun, but I always lose the button mash grapple.

Can someone post a quick beginners guide to someone who has never played the series before? I am highly interested and for $20 I can take a stab in the dark

The game comes with a training/mission mode to help you get used to the gameplay systems. If I can put it into words, the wrestling system here is based on timing and rhythm, not button mashing.

Slizz

Button mashing cancels out your initial attack, thus giving priority to the opponent and their move. Thats a major key.

Top Bottom