• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Slizz

EtpIpec.png

Another new patch.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=564230
Version 0.9007 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please post patch-related comments to
this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

CUSTOM MUSIC
Fixed freeze bug on Skill menu.

OFFLINE MODE
Failsafe added at launch to check that the save data and application version are compatible . If the application version is older than the save data, you will receive a warning and the game will not launch.
A notification now appears if your save data is updated at launch time.
Exhibition Match: Fixed bug that would reset a wrestler's costume when their position was reshuffled on the Wrestler Select screen.
Fixed bug that caused a 10-count if you played a Battle Royal after a SWA Rules Match.
Exhibition Match/Battle Royal: Font now scales down for wrestler names using 12 or more characters.
Tournament/League: When selecting Stables and Organizations, wrestlers are no longer displayed in the active left window.
Tournament/League: [Keyboard controls] When selecting Organizations, pressing the Up key now properly displays wrestlers in the active left window.
Tournament/League: [Keyboard controls] Fixed bug that would prevent arrow keys from working if the mouse cursor was over a button.

EDIT MODE
Wrestler Appearance Menu: Fixed bug where highlight settings would not copy when copying body part layers.

MATCHES
Battle Royal: CPU no longer tries to attack a defeated opponent leaving the ring.
Battle Royal: If a CPU wrestler has no current opponent, they will walk forward in the current direction (and will no longer 3D walk).
A defeated wrestler will no longer stand up themselves.
*This includes the final wrestler defeated in a Battle Royal.
A defeated wrestler will no longer reverse moves.
If a wrestler is Irish Whipped into the corner post at an angle, they will now slump against the post.
Fixed bug preventing fluorescent tubes from appearing as random weapons.
Adjusted damage from colliding with walls/barbed wire/fluorescent tubes, as well as from landmines.
*Increased damage for explosive gimmicks.
Cage Deathmatch: CPU will no longer attempt pinfalls with Win Condition set to Give Up Only/Escape.
*Specifically this disables the pinfall button. Other pinfall moves may be used.
*Priority Moves set to the pinfall button will be ignored.

New interview with Suda 51 gives me a bit more hope of seeing Fire Pro (and Hotline Miami because of the trailer) on Switch:

What are the chances that Travis enters the world of Fire Pro Wrestling?

Of course it’s possible. There’s also a high possibility that characters from the world of Fire Pro will be coming to the world of No More Heroes as well.

I didn't pay attention but holy shit thank the gods! That has always annoyed me, now if only we could be able to make use of all four corners which I know won't happen because of the way the game, specifically the ring is designed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
New interview with Suda 51 gives me a bit more hope of seeing Fire Pro (and Hotline Miami because of the trailer) on Switch:

What are the chances that Travis enters the world of Fire Pro Wrestling?

Of course it’s possible. There’s also a high possibility that characters from the world of Fire Pro will be coming to the world of No More Heroes as well.

Can't wait for Travis Touchdown vs Bobby Bobby, the 8th ranked totally not Sabu impersonator assassin in the world.

mcfly1955

Neo Member
I've heard from FPW games over the years, but never got around to playing them.

I'm 31 and watched wrestling until around age 15 or so, so I grew up in the awesome 90's era of wrestling. I played all of the games from NES through N64 (loved the old Gensis games, then N64 games were the best). I played some on the original PS, and then kind of tapered off as I had stopped watching wrestling, but still found the games pretty fun, especially when they included the old guys I knew.

I played through a recent XB1 Wrestling game that had a fun classic career mode with events from my childhood...2015 or 2016ish I think.

Is this hard to get into? Is this something I would like coming from the games I grew up on (mostly genesis/SNES era wrestling games). It looks pretty cool, been watching some vids, but just not sure it would be enough to pull me away from PUBG, Rocket League, Splatoon, upcoming Mario, etc...

Thanks!

Nezzhil

Well, I'm not sure if I can help you, but I'll tell you my experience right now.

I'm not a wrestling fan and I only know some of the famous early 90s and early 2000 wrestlers, but I always had a lot of fun playing local matches with my friends since the SNES Royal Rumble to the GC Day of Reckoning.

This is my first FPW game and I'm having fun with it. Most of my play time since the release have been remaking/porting wrestlers choosed randomly from previous games, and then call some friends to play some matches. But I'm sure that I'll play it a lot more when the devs add a manager or story mode.

Slizz

I've heard from FPW games over the years, but never got around to playing them.

I'm 31 and watched wrestling until around age 15 or so, so I grew up in the awesome 90's era of wrestling. I played all of the games from NES through N64 (loved the old Gensis games, then N64 games were the best). I played some on the original PS, and then kind of tapered off as I had stopped watching wrestling, but still found the games pretty fun, especially when they included the old guys I knew.

I played through a recent XB1 Wrestling game that had a fun classic career mode with events from my childhood...2015 or 2016ish I think.

Is this hard to get into? Is this something I would like coming from the games I grew up on (mostly genesis/SNES era wrestling games). It looks pretty cool, been watching some vids, but just not sure it would be enough to pull me away from PUBG, Rocket League, Splatoon, upcoming Mario, etc...

Thanks!

Almost my exact situation when it came to Fire Pro. Took me all of an hour to get in to the PS2 version and I have 100 hours on World as of now.

Does this game have( or any plans to) custom signature ring entrances? What about ring attire? I was looking up some entrance vids on youtube and was disappointed to see Taker come to the ring with a generic walk, no lighting, no coat, no hat.

Blizzard

Banned
Big patch:

Offline Mode
Fixed bug where incorrect move name would display on match results screen when match was won with Okite Yaburi.
Wrestler Select Screen: You can now move the cursor without waiting for the wrestlers to load.
Exhibition Match: Fixed bug where you could use the mouse to select wrestlers that were otherwise unselectable.
Wrestler Select Screen: Fixed bug where, when selecting a wrestler with the mouse after scrolling the menu, the wrong wrestler would be selected.
Timed Battle Royal: Entrance Settings > Time settings now saves even when you move between menus.
Mission Mode: With the cursor over the [Return] button, pressing up/down now returns you to the Mission List menu.
Mission Mode: Made text boxes easier to read.
While playing in Windowed Mode, fixed the mouse so it will only respond when the application is the active window.
Added [Cache] option.
This caches the Wrestler Select menu graphics for your entire collection of wrestlers and speeds up the Wrestler Select menu.
To create a cache, turn the option ON and restart the application.
*Each wrestler requires around 20MB of memory so please make sure you have enough available disk space.

Edit Mode
Fixed bug where full wrestler name would not display properly.
Can now press LB(L1)/RB(R1) to rotate the item in the Part Preview window.
Added full body preview button in place of the pull-down menu.
Changed the Highlights button size/text.
Can now toggle through highlight settings in place of the pull-down menu.
Changed base color of parts displayed in the Layer list.
Part selection cursor set to hidden when using Filter window.
Moveset Edit: Fixed moves that were not displaying properly.
[Back Grapple](MED) Back Tackle > Changed category from ”Rough" to ”Position Change."
Skill Menu: Can now use left/right buttons to move between screens.
When selecting an edit wrestler/referee to load, it now displays their full profile instead of a thumbnail.
CPU Logic Menu: Fixed bug that would move the cursor back to the left-hand window if you pressed cancel while entering a percentage.
Fixed bug that prevented you from saving an edit wrestler if you had too many wrestlers assigned to ”Retire."
Increased font size of wrestler name.
Changed position of Nickname window.
Belt Edit: Fixed bug that hid belt information behind the belt preview when saving.
Team Edit: On the wrestler select screen, organizations without any assigned wrestlers will be moved to the end of the rotation.
Team Edit: Fixed bug where if you reorder a wrestler, then cancel before confirming, the wrestler would be moved regardless.

Online Mode
Changed graphics for pull-down menu/chat window.

Matches
Adjusted time that a wrestler stays down after being hit by a [Jump from Post] move.
CPU logic: [Jump from Post > Lrg Dmg] moves were not occurring as frequently as intended so parameters have been adjusted so these moves are used more often.
Adjusted timing for [Run up Turnbuckle] moves
Fixed bug where wrestlers would swap position with certain return moves (such as Lightning Speed).

Wrestler Data
Fixed CPU logic bug for default wrestler Caroline Collins where [Opp Down – Face down] > [Opp. Condition Critical] was set to over 100%

Moves
Added [Running > Turning Arm Breaker B]
Added [Front Grapple (BIG) > Backflip Driver
Added [Front Avalanche Setup Counter > Top Rope Canadian Destroyer]

Edit Parts
Added Face 688-697, Part 688-697.

Blizzard

Banned
The update today was pretty nice. 3 new venues and 3 new moves.

Version 0.9009 was published today.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please post patch-related comments to
this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

OFFLINE MODE
Fixed bug where Ring/Venue/Referee settings would not save.
Wrestler Select menu: Now displays number to signify number of variant costumes.
Wrestler Select menu: Added wrestler auto-sort option. [Xbox: X button / PS4: Square button]
*Pressing the button cycles through sort options: Default > Ascending >Descending
Added page jump function for menus with many options. [Xbox: RB / PS4: R1 / Keyboard: E]
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: Added description of controls.
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: Made it easier to see what item is currently selected.
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: When using Random Select, currently selected wrestlers will no longer be replaced.
Cursor now ignores mouse placement when mouse is inactive.
Can now right click to exit text entry windows.
EDIT MODE
Overwrite wrestler prompt: Fixed bug that would display wrestler.
Edit CPU Logic menu: Can now quit editing logic percentages even when the total percentage doesn’t equal 100%.
Transfer Wrestler menu: Can now select/batch transfer multiple wrestlers in an organization or stable.
Belt Edit menu: When using a mouse/keyboard, fixed bug where changes would not be applied if you saved before pressing [Confirm].
Belt Edit/Ring Edit menu: Added confirmation prompt when exiting menu.
Belt Edit/Ring Edit menu: Added color wheel tool for selecting colors.
Wrestler Appearance menu
[Mouse/Keyboard Controls]
Can now right click to delete a layer.
Copy/Paste remapped from Backspace to F1.
Can now copy/paste colors with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
Can now delete layers with Delete key.
Fixed bug where cursor would disappear if you double clicked the Part Preview button.
Parts Preview now properly rotates when you click the arrow buttons.
If you click outside the color wheel, the color wheel menu will close.
If you click outside the Part Select or Filter window with a part selected, the Part Select window will close.
[General Controls]
Can now close copy/paste menu. [Xbox: Y button / PS4: Triangle button / Keyboard: F1, right click]
ONLINE MODE
Fixed bug where SWA Rules matches would use Over the Top Rope rules.
Fixed bug where default wrestlers would display instead of your edit wrestler if the cache was activated.
MATCHES
In a CPU vs CPU match, adjusted time after match ends before results screen.
CPU wrestlers now perform a taunt after winning a match.
*This taunt will be the move set to [Performance 4].
Referee now stops counting a ring out sooner.
Exploit fixed that allowed a wrestler to connect with too many post moves before opponent recovered.
Fixed bug where CPU Level wasn’t properly taken into consideration when reversing moves in a CPU vs CPU match.
*Wrestler taking the move was at a disadvantage.
Fixed bug where wrestler would slump against post in deathmatches with fluorescent tubes/barbed wire boards against post.
[VENUES]
Adjusted look of ring colors.
Added the following venues:
SCS Stadium
Arena de Universo
Spike Dome
[MOVES]
Added the following moves:
Running [European Uppercut Attack]
Counter [High Angle Drop Kick]
Front Grapple (BIG) [Phoenixplex Hold]
Adjusted: Standing [High Angle Drop Kick]
Adjusted: Opponent Down - Face Down, Near Head [Omoplata Crossface]

New Patch!

Version 0.9010 was published today.

Offline Mode
Fixed bug that froze title screen if save data compatibility message displayed after canceling out of creating a cache.
Exhibition Match: Random wrestler select added.
Tournament/League: Event name entry window and match settings are now consistent in both modes.
Options menu: Name is currently selected parameter now displays at top of screen.
Options menu: Added [Crowd Volume] option.

Edit Mode
Individual parts may now be scaled separately.
Increased parts scale percentage to 0%~200%
Added pulldown menu to parts scale tool with up/down buttons.
CPU logic: Increased [Priority] slots from 3 to 10.
Added 11 types of characters voices: American Male X 3, Japanese Male X 5, Japanese Female X 3.
Team Edit: When transferring teams, you can now press X (X Box)/ Square (PS4)/ Z (Keyboard) to collapse stables and only display promotions.
Wrestler Edit: Can now use the keyboard to input wrestler birthday/parameters. Press Y (X Box)/Triangle (PS4)/X (Keyboard) to activate entry window.

MATCHES
Fixed bug preventing CPU with a weapon from picking up a downed opponent.
Fixed bug that, when a wrestler won a Contest of Strength, they would sometimes use a move that doesn't match their fight style.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestlers would get stuck outside the ring or between the apron and ramp.
Fixed bug where red corner second/partner couldn't return to their default position in venues with horizontal entrance ramps.
Adjusted timing of CPU second/partner wrestler interference.
Adjusted how referee responds to second/partner wrestler.
Adjusted position where referee initiates pin count/submission check.
Adjusted shadow for sagging ropes.
Adjusted crowd cheers.

Moves
Added the following moves:
Running > [Wheelbarrow Bulldog]
Corner Grapple (Big) > [Corner Brainbuster]
Run Up Turnbuckle (Standing)(Small) > [Back Cutter]
Changed name of Coup De Grace Taunt from [Cross Pose] to [Arm Cross Gut Pose]

Bullet Club

FPW Stardom DLC is out on Wednesday.

The roster includes:
  • Mayu Iwatani (Stars)