• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Foffy

Banned
I should probably get this instead of 2k18 right

Yes.

Gameplay is leagues better, and the joke of jokes is the community will probably have a more current WWE roster than the official WWE game does.

I already imagine that there are wrasslers made for Fire Pro that are not going to be in 2K18. Lio Rush and Adam Cole being two rather recent signings that have Edits already made for the game.

Branson

Yes.

Gameplay is leagues better, and the joke of jokes is the community will probably have a more current WWE roster than the official WWE game does.

I already imagine that there are wrasslers made for Fire Pro that are not going to be in 2K18. Lio Rush and Adam Cole being two rather recent signings that have Edits already made for the game.
Yeah. I'd be stupid not to pick this up. Seems like mostly of what I wanted out of a new FP. The support seems to be pretty great for it from the developers too. I love the addition of custom themes.

Ryce

My biggest issue with Fire Pro is the lack of moves (there's only one employee who works on animations). You can't make a complete, accurate move set for anyone who isn't a Japanese main eventer from the '90s.

CookTrain

Yes.

Well it's not like 2K games don't have their own edit modes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
My biggest issue with Fire Pro is the lack of moves (there's only one employee who works on animations). You can't make a complete, accurate move set for anyone who isn't a Japanese main eventer from the '90s.
Mine is the striking. It's so bad.

Slizz

Can't play with fanny pack wearing Rock in 2k. Fail.

As far as accurate movesets....... you can do almost any wrestler in the 90's regardless of promotion accurately.........

Have over 100 cement wins now, Onita having the honor of being the victorious 100th in a no dq match

Ryce

As far as accurate movesets....... you can do almost any wrestler in the 90's regardless of promotion accurately.........
The only wrestlers who have all (or most) of their trademark moves in the game are Japanese stars from the '90s. You can't make complete move sets for Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, Ibushi, and so on with what's currently available in the game. Forget about trying to make accurate move sets for contemporary American wrestlers either.

I love Fire Pro. I had thousands of posts on the old Fire Pro Club forum. I just don't like when people brush aside its many flaws and act like it does everything better than the competition.

Slizz

The only wrestlers who have all (or most) of their trademark moves in the game are Japanese stars from the '90s. You can't make complete move sets for Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, Ibushi, and so on with what's currently available in the game. Forget about trying to make accurate move sets for contemporary American wrestlers either.

I love Fire Pro. I had thousands of posts on the old Fire Pro Club forum. I just don't like when people brush aside its many flaws and act like it does everything better than the competition.

I can see where you are coming from with 'complete' movesets. You can't prop the guy up in the corner for Nak's running knee. Can't do a fair amount of Sabu's moves(would love spring board moonsault). But you can get darn close. Lot of early 90's WWF guys have pretty complete movesets. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall etc.

Ryce

I can see where you are coming from with 'complete' movesets. You can't prop the guy up in the corner for Nak's running knee. Can't do a fair amount of Sabu's moves(would love spring board moonsault). But you can get darn close. Lot of early 90's WWF guys have pretty complete movesets. Kevin Nash, Scott Hall etc.
Even those I'd disagree with. Kevin Nash used the corner knee lifts and corner back elbows in practically every match of his, and they're not in Fire Pro.

I love the freedom that Fire Pro provides as a creation tool (especially with in-depth logic editing), but very few wrestlers feel like they're supposed to, and that sort of deters me from actually playing matches. I spend most of my time just fucking around with edit appearances.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Patch is up:

NEW EDIT FEATURE: Custom Music Importer
  • Set custom BGM for matches and wrestler entrances
  • Supported file formats: .mp3, .wav, .ogg
  • NOTE: Do not add/delete music files with the game running as it may cause issues.
  • Please close the game before modifying music files.
  • Place music files into the following directory: (Assuming you didn't change the location of Steam's installation folder)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FPW\BGM
NEW MODE: S-1 Rules Mode
  • This mode is played with rules that don't allow grappling. Only striking attacks can be used and the match is decided by Knockout. The match is played as a single match.
  • Special Rules:
  • No grappling/submission.
  • No running inside the ring
  • MMA fight styles receive large damage bonus to strikes.

Resolution Options Added
  • When launching in Windowed Mode, you may select window size options based on the size of your monitor.

Edit Mode Improvements
  • When you select an existing part layer, the parts list now defaults to the current part instead of returning to the beginning of the list.
  • Added new filters to parts list menu.
  • With the parts list menu open, pressing Y(Xbox)/Triangle(PS4) toggles between the parts list and filter window.
  • With the cursor over a layer, pressing X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) deletes the current part.
  • With the parts list menu open, pressing LB/RB(Xbox)/L1/R1(PS4) cycles through pages of parts.
  • Loading icon added to parts list menu.
  • [Mouse/keyboard]With a part selected, right clicking cancels the selection.
  • Previously, selecting a base part with additional part layers when all layers were already filled would cause a confirmation message to display. This confirmation message has been removed and the additional parts will not be added..
  • Improved cursor movement when selecting a part. Pressing the right corner moves the cursor down a layer, and pressing the left corner moves the cursor up a layer.
  • Revised order of body parts from the pulldown menu.
  • [New order]Face > Chest > Waist > Upper Arm > Forearm > Hand >Thigh > Calf >Feet
  • Revised filter font size and order.
  • Multiple filters may be applied simultaneously.
  • When selecting a color, pressing the confirmation button/right click closes the color picker.
  • Added SFX when closing color picker.
  • When selecting a color, you can now move the cursor diagonally with arrow keys.

Mouse Menu Support Added
  • Certain windows (such as the task bar) still lack support. We plan to patch this in a future update.

Gameplay
  • Fixed bug where Ukemi was not providing a spirit and attack boost.

Wrestler Parts
  • Revised issue where Calf > Bear parts were darker than bear parts for the rest of the body.

New Moves
  • Counter: Flapjack
  • Jump From Post: Diving Cutter
  • Front Grapple (Big): Final Power Bomb
  • Opponent Down - Face Down, Near Head: Arm Hold Dangerous Knee Kick

Syder

Patch is up:

NEW EDIT FEATURE: Custom Music Importer
  • Set custom BGM for matches and wrestler entrances
  • Supported file formats: .mp3, .wav, .ogg
  • NOTE: Do not add/delete music files with the game running as it may cause issues.
  • Please close the game before modifying music files.
  • Place music files into the following directory: (Assuming you didn’t change the location of Steam’s installation folder)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FPW\BGM
Awwww yisssssss

hamsjams

Being able to edit music is definitely neat, but will we have to manually set custom entrance music for every edit we download from the workshop? Or will creators be able to set the music and have the files be automatically downloaded with the edit?

The resolution options are still not ideal. Do we know if more choices are coming?

Sinatar

Being able to edit music is definitely neat, but will we have to manually set custom entrance music for every edit we download from the workshop? Or will creators be able to set the music and have the files be automatically downloaded with the edit?

Yes the developers are allowing for the widespread piracy of copywritten music over steam workshop.

Seriously?

Blizzard

Banned
Yes the developers are allowing for the widespread piracy of copywritten music over steam workshop.

Seriously?
You say that, and yet Tabletop Simulator allows for widespread piracy of copyrighted print media. They only enforce it if you pay them or if you constantly report each new instance of someone posting copyrighted scans.

Skyrim has music mods which include music, and I imagine not all of that has permission (e.g. Pokemon battle music, Mortal Kombat theme).

Foffy

Banned
So remind me again why we can't edit downloads without making a complete copy? Makes doing entrance music a pain.

Yeah, I figured this was what we needed to do..

I need to filter out a lot of edits. We still have the problem where unsubscribing still keeps you an Edit, right?

I have like 200 I want to get rid of and start clean. :/

Sinatar

So remind me again why we can't edit downloads without making a complete copy? Makes doing entrance music a pain.

Because if they didn't require you to make a copy all of your changes would be overwritten whenever the author updated the wrestler.

They could make it easier, let you edit the wrestler, pop up a warning and then unsub from the workshop version for you.

Foffy

Banned
How does one select custom music for the wrestler? I know you make a copy, but where is it in the Editor?

EDIT: Figured it out. Some files won't play even though they're the correct format, so that's a bit unfortunate.

Hopefully we see some theme packs as well, though I imagine that's a bit sketchier regarding copyright, even if you can just rip audio from videos yourself.

Also hope the mods made for FPW get updated. I didn't even know people were able to load in custom textures for rings..you don't need to make the rings outside of posts and rope colors, now. We're talking full blown Raw banners being loaded onto the ring. Dang.

Woop, I can finally finish my CAW of the best female wrestler in the US today before she saves us from Asuka's 18 year reign on Saturday.

It's great they're adding custom music and it's understandable that they can't put it up on the workshop, but I hope they add in an option to let people subscribe to a CAW, change the music, then still get visual/move/AI updates.

Foffy

Banned
Woop, I can finally finish my CAW of the best female wrestler in the US today before she saves us from Asuka's 18 year reign on Saturday.

It's great they're adding custom music and it's understandable that they can't put it up on the workshop, but I hope they add in an option to let people subscribe to a CAW, change the music, then still get visual/move/AI updates.

What I did -- and it's time consuming -- was to delete everything and start over.

Instead of moving workshop edit from Retired to a roster, I just copied them, switched the theme, and put them in a proper roster.

It's probably best that if you want themes that you do it this way, and try to look at when Edits were last updated to see if yours become outdated.

I've done the entire Raw and SmackDown rosters this morning. Gonna do NXT and ROH later.

hamsjams

Seriously?

You say that, and yet Tabletop Simulator allows for widespread piracy of copyrighted print media. They only enforce it if you pay them or if you constantly report each new instance of someone posting copyrighted scans.

Skyrim has music mods which include music, and I imagine not all of that has permission (e.g. Pokemon battle music, Mortal Kombat theme).

What I was getting at is that the process of setting custom music is clearly going to be a pain in the ass for many, in part because of the way editing downloads breaks workshops compatibility; an issue that may or not be possibly changed for the better.

Fire Pro's entire existence, especially with World, hinges on skirting dangerously close to infringement. As Blizzard demonstrated, there are certain options the developers might have open to them that could theoretically make this process more smooth and also jive with their already established spirit of toying with legal boundaries. Seriously.

Whether they ever push those boundaries further or attempt to work out kinks in the workshop flow is entirely up to the devs. Until then, the music editing feature may end up going ignored by many players as it introduces a direct obstacle to one of the workshop's most convenient features. Your sarcasm isn't appreciated.

Foffy

Banned
His mod supports more than makin' music easier, you know.

GA7AEvI.jpg

;)

Foffy

Banned
Wow that mod is really something else! I wonder if some of those are things the developers plan to do themselves eventually.

They have planned on expanding the ring editor system, and I believe have entertained the possibility of an arena editor. Logo editor is in the cards too IIRC.

I imagine the arena editor, if we get it, is just to recolor existing arenas, so for example in the picture I posted, I would imagine we can change the blue-ish lights to yellow to reflect an NXT show. But I imagine if people were able to edit mats, editing textures of arenas might be doable in time...

hamsjams

They have planned on expanding the ring editor system, and I believe have entertained the possibility of an arena editor. Logo editor is in the cards too IIRC.

I imagine the arena editor, if we get it, is just to recolor existing arenas, so for example in the picture I posted, I would imagine we can change the blue-ish lights to yellow to reflect an NXT show. But I imagine if people were able to edit mats, editing textures of arenas might be doable in time...

I would assume that the hidden extra arenas are also eventually on the way, haha.

I hope the devs have the time to take a good look at that mod. Even small things like choosing the number of blood decals and weapons and changing the count-out style are bound to be appreciated by some people. Every little bit of convenience stuff like that is going to make the full game more valuable, especially because I assume the mod won't work on consoles.

On the other hand, maybe the developers don't want to take credit away from the modder by adding his adjustments to the official release. Either way, the developers of and workshop community around this game are great.

Nice, I only got around to actually checking it out in game, skin tone could be tweaked a little and I think she's a bit too tall since Ember is like 5'2".

Jamie OD

ok thanks man. I must have read that weird and got nervous

The criticism is a lot of the new moves being added have only been from mainstream companies like WWE and New Japan. For places like Dragon Gate where there have been loads of crazy moves created since Fire Pro Returns came out a decade ago it is more difficult to make accurate movesets for those wrestlers because their big moves are being ignored.

Blizzard

Banned
New patch:

[CUSTOM MUSIC]
Fixed issue where adding/deleting audio files would change the a wrestler’s entrance theme.
Fixed issue where adding/deleting audio files would sometimes cause the game to freeze.
[NOTE]Edit data now saves theme song titles. If you subscribe to a Workshop wrestler with a custom theme song, and you have an audio file with the same name as the custom theme saved in your custom BGM folder, it will play that theme song.

[OFFLINE MODE]
Fixed issue in Tournament/League mode where rearranging entrants would prevent you from starting the tournament/league.
Fixed issue where, when playing Mission mode after finishing a tournament, the tournament results would be displayed.
Fixed issues related to mouse functionality.

EDIT MODE
Move Set menu: Fixed issue where the following move previews would not properly play:
-Inferno Choke Slam
-Top Rope Rev Frankensteiner
-Hanged Neck Figure 4
-Exploder to Outside
Wrestler Appearance menu: In addition to copying an entire attire, you can now also copy all layers in a part.

MATCHES
Can now skip wrestler entrances by clicking the mouse.
Can now skip through tutorial messages by clicking the mouse.
Timed Battle Royal: Fixed issue where the match would end if all other wrestlers in the ring were defeated before all scheduled wrestlers had appeared. (Match now continues as normal.)
Fixed issue where certain resolution settings caused tutorial messages to be cut off.
Fixed SFX for [(Strike Exchange) > Kesagiri Chop]
Fixed issue where damage was not being properly calculated for [(Running) Frankensteiner Whip]
CPU logic: Fixed issue where Priority Move would not activate after [(Running) > Slingblade]
Keyboard/Mouse Controls: Can now exit attract mode with Confirm/Cancel/Esc/Return/Left click in addition to Space/Start.

NEW MOVE
Added new move: [Jump From Post > Reverse Firebird Splash]

Loving the frequent patches, but I was really hoping the slow-as-snails wrestler selection menus would have gotten attention by now. I know they've promised to work on it, but it's the most broken and frustrating part of the game, so I was really hoping it would be in this patch.

Oh God, I was just getting use to mouse controls then accidentally overwrote my Omega due to the slow menus then deleted it in a panic assuming I could just get him back from the workshop. Now it looks like I can't update him anymore.

Top Bottom