• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Ah, the last time I played Fire Pro was on a PS2 back in the day. Transferring edits seemed a lot more complicated back then, or at least was beyond my comprehension at the time.

Are you planning on running anything else?

The transferring Was still a convoluted process but at least all the wrestlers were already made. Many sessions blasting music and arranging the organizations.

Did one great mixed tag league with all couples or relatives. Was shocked how many great pairings I had. Always running title matches and such.

Foffy

Banned
Hey homies, been outta the loop for a few weeks.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit downloaded Edits. I primarily want to do this for name changes, as I've downloaded a few collections with wrestlers having Japanese characters. I'd prefer Tiger Mask W to be called...well, Tiger Mask W, not タイガーマスクW.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hey homies, been outta the loop for a few weeks.

I was wondering if there was a way to edit downloaded Edits. I primarily want to do this for name changes, as I've downloaded a few collections with wrestlers having Japanese characters. I'd prefer Tiger Mask W to be called...well, Tiger Mask W, not タイガーマスクW.

You have to make a new edit wrestler and select the copy existing wrestler option. It's set up this way so that when the original author makes updates, steam workshop won't overwrite your changes.

Slizz

So fucking satisfying. Pulled this out my ass, was getting beat majority of the match. If I didn't get the 3 I could have seen myself losing.

https://gfycat.com/EuphoricAngryBluebird

EuphoricAngryBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Slizz

Wow that punch was ace

What wrestlers are those?

Juice Robinson(puncher) and I can't tell ya the other, unfamiliar with the character.

Someone on Steam is doing the ongoing G1 Climax CAW's, thats his Juice I'm using and he did a great Ibushi too. He's developed the movesets from most of the matches they've all had thus far in G1

The Stig

Some new experiences today. Yes, the guy in black is me. Yes Im 6 foot 8 and 275lbs, what about it?
3 on 1 attack
jJbZf4p.jpg

german suplex to the apron!
Bah gawd someone stop him
AEslDmc.jpg

the hardest part of the ring
tHX6DJM.jpg

I picked this up today, and in short I'm loving it.

Bit of (possibly needless) background - I'm what you could call a lapsed wrestling fan, stopped watching WWE about 10 years ago and as a result stopped picking up the games but would class No Mercy as one of my favourite games of all time. I had never played a Fire Pro game.

Despite a totally different gameplay feel, this really echoes the N64 Aki games for me in the sense that from my initial impressions it feels like you can really 'master' the gameplay engine, and I really enjoy the timing based aspect as opposed to it being a button masher.

I'm glad I took the plunge as I thought my laptop (2012) might not be able to run it but it runs fine, and this will become my go to 'pick up and play' game for sure.

Out of interest, on a technical level would the Workshop support or anything similar even be possible on the PS4 version to come? I would double dip for a 'couch' version but if the CAW sharing was to disappear that would be a deal breaker for me.

Thank you for sharing! As a guy with a laptop who loved the Aki games and has also never played a Fire Pro, this spoke to me.

how tf do I escape a cage? lol
This might help:

FINALLY beat the fucking pain in the ass cage match in Mission Mode. I just discovered that you can ram your opponent's head into the cage. Doing that a few times + a few piledrivers seems to have done the trick. Won the damn thing at last in only 3 minutes and xx seconds. Feels good, man!
What helps is making sure he's dazed after a piledriver. Once you get to that point 2-3 times consistently, piledrive him again. Then climb the cage by pressing the button AND up ↑ at the same time. Pressing just the button alone makes for a much slower climb.

If you play against a CPU tag team, most of the time after a while the CPU will stop tagging in its other partner.

Super annoying -_- this quirk has been in since FPR though. Probably unfixable :(

Has anyone experienced this? It doesn't happen all the time, wonder if its just random or it happens in certain situations.

The Stig

I have a real problem with league mode. I cant select wrestlers or set a wrestler to be player controlled. I can interact with the menu but once I choose a slot for a wrestler I have no control. This is with keyboard or 360 controller.

tchocky

I have a real problem with league mode. I cant select wrestlers or set a wrestler to be player controlled. I can interact with the menu but once I choose a slot for a wrestler I have no control. This is with keyboard or 360 controller.

After choosing a slot press A on Xbox controller you will then get option to either select CPU or player control then you select your wrestler.

The Stig

After choosing a slot press A on Xbox controller you will then get option to either select CPU or player control then you select your wrestler.

when I hit a on a slot i get to character selection. on that screen i can do NOTHING except back out with B or the escape key. I flat out CANNOT select the little tab that says CP (like in other modes).

tchocky

when I hit a on a slot i get to character selection. on that screen i can do NOTHING except back out with B or the escape key. I flat out CANNOT select the little tab that says CP (like in other modes).

When I select a slot I get to this screen

Then I press A on that screen and it brings up the CP/1P select in the top left

Then after selecting CP or 1P it will let me choose a wrestler. If it is not the same for you I don't know what the solution is sorry.

The Stig

When I select a slot I get to this screen

Then I press A on that screen and it brings up the CP/1P select in the top left

Then after selecting CP or 1P it will let me choose a wrestler. If it is not the same for you I don't know what the solution is sorry.

ok i got it now. the little guy in the corner registered in my vision

thanks! :)

Slizz

Playing cement matches online with 280 pt wrestlers... The Jimmy Havoc CAW I have that I got the 3rd day the game was out is a beast. Makes you bleed every match. The guy who made the CAW was awesome at it too, normal recovery across the board until he bleeds. Then its fast recovery.

Slizz

Program out now that lets you modify colors on the 3# scale instead of just the 10 preset colors on rings and allows this:

QdeiW8x.jpg

shaowebb

Program out now that lets you modify colors on the 3# scale instead of just the 10 preset colors on rings and allows this:

QdeiW8x.jpg

Wait...what? Not sure I understand this. How did they paint logos on there? All I had were color options on PC. No design ones.

Slizz

Here's the mod that allows ring changes. It also has a TON of other features

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1470

FPWArena has been loading very slow lately or not at all so be patient, the features added:

BLOOD MOD: This makes blood stains on the mat permanent and allows for 500 of them

TAG TEAM NAME MOD: This mod (and 3rd party tool) allows you to name tag teams.

REFEREE BLOOD FIX: In the default game the referee would always bleed when knocked down. This mod adds a random chance to that, so instead of bleeding all the time, he'll bleed a much smaller percentage of the time.

MORE MATCH OPTIONS (MMO) MOD

INCREASED WEAPON COUNT MOD

WEAPON CHOICE MOD

REGENERATE LIGHT TUBES

BREAK COUNTOUTS

RING MAT DATABASE - Allows you to add logos and what not

Pretty crazy mod, seems to work flawlessly(I myself haven't tried it) but will need to be repatched every time they update the game.

Considering fiddling with this...

EDIT: This seems to be Spike Chunsoft approved, they posted links to it on the Steam community boards.

Double EDIT: Also allows you to leave rings in death matches apparently.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For some reason, when I set up a tag team tournament, it will not allow me to play because it says there are not enough players. I have both characters on one team set to "1P" and the rest to "CP." What am I doing wrong?

I hope they improve roster management soon, it's kinda been holding me back from really spending a ton of time with it. That and a shitload of distractions. >_<

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Stream Summary

Tomorrow's Patch:
- Custom entrance music coming in tomorrow's patch. Wrestler entrance themes and in match music. Supports .mp3 and .ogg file formats.
- S1 rules (kickboxing) from FPR is coming back as well.
- Resolution options being added, no more regediting required.
- Added mouse support to all menus.
- They've made a lot of quality of life improvements to how edit mode works. Fast scrolling with l/r bumpers for example, there was a full page of notes dedicated to just this.
- 4 new moves: Flapjack Facebuster, Diving cutter (off the post RKO basically), Final Bomb (Undertaker's Last Ride, not sure about this I was positive that was already in), Double Arm Dangerous Kick (not sure what the real name is, but it's a very scary looking knee to the face).
- Lots of bug fixes (no details, patch notes will be out tomorrow when the patch hits).

Answering community questions:
- They are looking into adding more space for names.
- They will be adding more variety to the moves used in strike exchanges.
- They want to add more paramaters to the CPU logic, but it's very delicate (every small change affects a ton of things) so it's on the backburner. They think they'll be able to do it after the early access finishes as post launch support.
- They are up for adding additional weapons, looking to the community for what they want.
- They are looking to add additional save slots for tournaments and leagues.
- They are looking to adding more match options (non exploding barbed wire, no landmines, etc).
- Talked about the moves and the like that people found while datamining. Just wanted to emphasize that there is some stuff there that won't make it into the game.
- Matsumoto is pretty surprised by how little the game is selling in Japan, figures it's because there isn't much of a PC presence in Japan. Mentioned that their japanese forums are full of people asking "what's steam?".
- No ETA on the game leaving early access or the PS4 version, but stressed that a PS4 version is 100% coming, they are hoping to have things wrapped up by spring 2018.
- They are working to try and improve lag in the online modes.
- They are actively working to try and improve selling of big moves. Currently human controlled wrestlers can "play dead" by holding the A button when they are down, they are looking to add a play dead parameter to the AI.
- Confirmed that different arenas like different things in regards to match ratings.
- Lag fix in menus won't be in tomorrows patch but they are hopeful that they'll have it fixed soon.

hamsjams

The dev team is really doing a great job so far. The patch sounds awesome. I can't wait to buy the game for a second time on ps4 and I would seriously consider buying it a third time if it ever came to the switch.

So happy this game exists.

Here's the mod that allows ring changes. It also has a TON of other features

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1470

FPWArena has been loading very slow lately or not at all so be patient, the features added:

Pretty crazy mod, seems to work flawlessly(I myself haven't tried it) but will need to be repatched every time they update the game.

Considering fiddling with this...

EDIT: This seems to be Spike Chunsoft approved, they posted links to it on the Steam community boards.

Double EDIT: Also allows you to leave rings in death matches apparently.

Oh man that sounds all awesome! Once again, fans do what developers can't, impressive.
Can anyone please send the developers the ring mod? This NEEDS to be in the game, even FPR had it, god damnit. :/

I wonder how that mod will hold up to patches and how badly it'll get broken and need fixing with each one.

I hope selecting multiple wrestlers at once for better/faster organization and other roster management QoL improvements coming soon, like I said before it's currently the thing holding me back the most from really diving in.

Too bad, doesn't work for me.

Standard mods that are included in the patcher are working but when i try to start it with the mod from fpw arena, it freezes here.

rTAhe3E.png

Foffy

Banned
I wonder how that mod will hold up to patches and how badly it'll get broken and need fixing with each one.

I hope selecting multiple wrestlers at once for better/faster organization and other roster management QoL improvements coming soon, like I said before it's currently the thing holding me back the most from really diving in.

The community seems quick to update the mods for each version release.

I'm sure it's a headache to need to update it every two weeks, but I think a lot of the mods depend upon a modified file, so of course updates overwrite it.

Is there an option buried somewhere to make count outs use the 10 count instead of 20?

Mods. There's a mod to use American (or is it WWE/GFW?) rules for counts.

Foffy

Banned
Most can be found here, IIRC.

Some tweak settings like ring counts, the ability to go outside in landmine matches, enable S-1 rules (this is coming in the next patch, so this will be officially available soon), use all arenas in the game, have a deeper ring editor, to have 2/3 falls actually involve depleted stats, and change how long or how much blood stays on the ring mat, to name a few.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Most can be found here, IIRC.

Some tweak settings like ring counts, the ability to go outside in landmine matches, enable S-1 rules (this is coming in the next patch, so this will be officially available soon), use all arenas in the game, have a deeper ring editor, to have 2/3 falls actually involve depleted stats, and change how long or how much blood stays on the ring mat, to name a few.

Thanks!

Top Bottom